Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 12, 2017
I've been tinkering out in the garage lately in an effort to restore some old Coleman camping equipment that my family used when I was a kid. Recently, I've been working on two Coleman 220 lanterns that were in need of repair. One is a 220J and the other is a 220K. After breaking them down, cleaning them up, and rebuilding them...I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they cleaned up. The 220K looks especially nice and I didn't want it to get dinged up and dirty sitting on a shelf in my garage. I found this case here on Amazon and decided to try and see if it would fit my particular model of lantern. I know the 220 series has gone through some alternations throughout the years and even though the description said that it fit the 220 series...I was a bit skeptical. Fortunately, the case arrived and was a perfect fit for the 220K and 220J. I've decided to order another one so that both lanterns can be a bit more protected from dust and dings. I've got both lanterns working well again and I hope these cases will help me protect them and pass them on to my son one day.
on April 27, 2017
Good solid case, but it is difficult to get open and closed. Also the bottom area where the lantern sits is a bad design. It is solid hard plastic, and doesn't grip or hold the base at all. It would be nice if there were dense foam or rubber coating that part so the lantern doesn't move around so easily.
I have also noted that it is tall inside!
My Coleman dual fuel lantern has around 3inches of head room, and the sides all have about 1/2 inch to move.
Overall it is a hard case that will help keep the glass globe from breaking, but it doesn't hold firm. I'll have to modify the case a bit for a better fit.
on January 16, 2018
5 Stars protection / 3 Stars for ease of use/ 5 Stars Price
Guess about time for me to write another product review. This is similar case to my other lantern case with the same hard to snap bottom. Yes those tabs at the bottom are wicked hard to snap in place and also if you don't get it all the way snapped then you will find that your lantern falls out and breaks. Also I have seen a case that has had a snap at the bottom missing in the past. Yes folks plastic can break. This plastic is very tough and I expect to last a long time.

Here is your fix:
Simple fix to keep you from writing a one star review due to the bottom falling out. As you will see in my pictures I've taken a 60" piece of 3/16" line from Home Depot and made a restraining cord to keep the bottom from falling out just in case a tab should fall off. I thought of using a strap but I wanted something that would also small and easy to get on and off. There are two loops tied in the cord. One for the nub at the top and one loop to tie a quick release half hitch knot to.

Lastly: No discount to me for this review. Not vine or any of that. I am Prime so shipping was free, but I paid for my Prime too.
review imagereview image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 5, 2015
I'm surprised at the design. The little lock tabs are a total pain and yes, while maybe you can store a few extra mantels under the lantern, it should have been designed to carry the funnel. And imho, the material should be sturdier and should be hinged and open to the front, so one can simply lift the lantern out. Coleman is a name. Some stuff is fantastic, much is mediocre. I had two of their electric lanterns and both died, so I am going back to the duel fuel model. I tossed my old, green propane lantern for the junky electrics, and now I'n circling around. But I am not impressed with this case. I carried my old green lantern in its original box for years and years, and it protected the lantern well...plus left room for the funnel. I have the new box and may just send this case back.
on December 11, 2015
I had one major criteria in purchasing this case. Will the Coleman Northstar Dual Fuel Lantern Model 088456-L fit in the case? The latern arrived today and it fit perfectly into this case very securely. The case itself is plastic and closes quite competently. I'd love it more if it had latches that assured this, but what can a person expect for $9.98 delivered. The point being that I would have paid more gladly if it had nice metal latches on the side. All in all, I definitely got my money's worth. I have no doubt that this plastic case will last quite a while.
on January 9, 2017
The case looks sturdy and well made. Bought the case to protect my lanter which I have had for 15 to 20 years. Still looks like new. Placed the lanter by inside the case and as I was going to store it in the garage, the case opened up and I broke my lanter. The taps at the bottom of the case is flimsy and it opens up as you are walking with the lanter inside the case. Would not buy it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 10, 2016
Decent carrier, it could be thicker. It's kind of flimsy, and the bottom locks in in sort of a sketchy fashion. Push it in untill you really hear a snap. That said, i feel like it will protect my lantern and stay locked closed under regular use, the design could be improved but overall a good insurance buy.
on December 21, 2011
This case works great for both of my "Powerhouse" lanterns.
The 1st shipment came w/o the bottom. The card-stock with the UPC code and product description hangs from the knob at the top and they probably didn't notice. Anyway, with Amazon, the exchange was quick and easy.
When using it be sure to *SNAP* the bottom 2 latches before you pick up the whole unit. Otherwise it could ruin your trip.
It protects your lantern very well when packing it in the truck/trunk from minor crush from top and sides, but it doesn't really protect it from falls. It is fantastic for storage. After I bought this to try it out, I bought another.
It has a small storage space at the base for add'l socks. I keep a grill lighter inside too.
on August 29, 2017
Honest. I have several Coleman lanterns, and none of them fit this Coleman container. Why? No idea. Probably try one before you buy one.
on June 22, 2011
I have a Coleman 220C lantern inherited from my Grandfather. It's in perfect condition and I wanted to keep it that way. This case will not fit a 220C without significant modification.

I spent some time measuring where the case had to be trimmed, but also wanted to be mindful of not storing it in a unsecured fashion. First I tried drilling out the top to better accomodate the thumb nut at the top of the lantern. This gave me a fraction of an inch. When all was said and done, I had to use a large hole saw on an extension bit and dremel cutter to make space for the whole top dome vent area of the lantern (probably a 4" diameter hole). The lantern domed top now protrudes into the handle area of the case, but the lantern is secure and the glass protected.

This modification will require a stiff box cutter or large hole saw on an extension.

The case allows some space for a reflector, extra mantles, and the fill funnel.

If anyone has a 220C, be advised you'll have to modify the case to fit and it won't be weather proof when you're done.

One more thing. The case is black.
review image
22 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.