- Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 9.2 x 12.8 inches ; 7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 6.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B00HUG7OZQ
- Item model number: 2000026602NP
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (218 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,594 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Coleman Northstar Propane Lantern with Case
|Price:||$47.13 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$32.86 (41%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extra-bright 1543 lumens on high
- Adjustable dimmer knob for the perfect outdoor light
- InstaStart™ Push-Button Ignition for matchless ignition
- EverBrite™ Power for incredible light in any condition, anytime
- PerfectFlow™ System for consistent fuel, no matter the conditions
- High-temperature globe resists cracking from heat
- Metal guard reduces rattling
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||12.8 x 9.2 x 8.7 inches|
|Item Display Weight||7 pounds|
|Item Weight||7 pounds|
|Model Name||Coleman - Portable Propane Lantern - Electric Ignition, 1 Mantle w-Case|
|Shipping Weight||6.7 pounds|
Take an ultra-bright lantern with you next time you experience the outdoors with a Coleman Northstar Propane Lantern with Case. The tube-mantle design of this lantern shines brighter than most standard 2-mantle lanterns - up to 1500 lumens of light that reaches up to 26 meters away. Starting your lantern is easy. Just hit the Instastart push-button ignition and dial in the perfect brightness with the adjustable control knob. Once your lantern is lit, the footed base provides stability when placed on a table, and the bail handle allows for easy hanging. Meanwhile, the globe guard helps protect the globe from breaking. No matter where you go, the PerfectFlow pressure control technology produces a steady fuel stream and consistent performance in all kinds of weather. When you're ready to head home, the feet on the base collapse for more compact storage in the included case until you're ready for your next bright adventure.
The Coleman 2500A722 Northstar InstaStart Propane Lantern with Hard Case is the steadiest and brightest lantern in the Coleman fleet. The Northstar is pressure-regulated to control fuel flow, so you get consistent light in any temperature, and the InstaClip tube mantle ends your string-tying days. This Coleman InstaStart lantern lights electronically without matches and has a control knob that works like a dimmer switch to let you adjust the brightness and burn time. The porcelain ventilators will prevent rusting, and the hard case conveniently opens into three sections for easy loading.
The Coleman Northstar operates on a 16.4-ounce cylinder of Coleman propane (not included), and will burn for up to 5.5 hours on high or 11 hours on low. With a metal guard to protect the globe and a unique, stable base with foldable feet, it just doesn't get much more convenient and reliable than this.
Limited lifetime warranty
Top Customer Reviews
The entire lantern is solid metal construction. There is a cage around the glass globe to protect it from any impacts. There are springs under the globe to prevent it from rattling around and causing noise. The mantle for this lantern is easily the biggest mantle on the market. It's almost three inches tall!
I took away one star because of the InstaStart feature. The igniter is simply too weak to guarantee a light on the first try. A tip I discovered is to not put the lantern on high. Set it on Low, then ignite. That gives the propane a bit more time to mix with the oxygen and light up.
Burn time is accurate. The product description states that you'll get about 4.25 hours on full and 9 on low. I left it at about medium-brightness and I got a good 6 hours out of it. With a Mr. Heater propane bottle refiller, That's about $1.00 of propane where I live--much cheaper than running an electric lantern for the same time on batteries.
Overall, this is a good buy. While it may be more expensive than others listed on Amazon, it's much better built and much, much brighter. You won't throw this one away after one camping season, and you'll have much fewer headaches.
Highly recommend this product. Best lantern with the most light and lumens that will outshine everything else on the campground !
The Coleman NorthStar thus fills the gap, ensuring I can have lights during an extended blackout, with nothing more than a few 1lb. tanks of propane.
Construction quality is excellent, and you get the sense this guy will last forever if you take good care of it. There are some glass parts that could break, but overall quality is quite good. Even the included case is easy to use and rugged enough to keep your expensive lantern from breaking.
In operation, it takes just a few minutes to setup the lantern - most of the time going to attaching a 1lb propane tank to it. From there, it's simple to light, and you get quite a bright lantern that puts out about the equivalent of 100W incandescent bulb. In my tests, I get about 8 hours of lighting on "High" per pound of propane, and about 20 hours on "low". In a true emergency, you could easily get a week of high quality lighting from a standard 20-pound propane bottle.
Spare parts are available here on Amazon or in most any sporting goods store, so it's easy to ensure that this little lantern will be ready when you need it.
Definitely recommended, even if you just want to go camping with it...
Do your self a favor buy this lantern and a Coleman Lantern Stand. Stake it down w/heavy duty tent stakes, Raise it up high and you are set.