Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $28.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE
|Price:||$149.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.99 (22%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- PerfectFlow(TM) Pressure Control System for steady heat, even in the cold
- Portable grill sets up in seconds
- Easy to transport, folds to compact size with large handle and wheels for easy pulling
- Authentic grilling taste, open-flame drip-through grilling
- Easy-to-clean, cast-iron and porcelain-coated surfaces with removable grease tray
- Large cooking surface, 285 sq. in.
- 20,000 BTUs of cooking power, 10,000 BTUs on each burner
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||19 x 35 x 32 inches|
|Item Display Weight||13.5 pounds|
|Item Weight||44 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||48.4 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
After deciding on this grill we ordered it from Amazon for $159.00 and we chose the free shipping as we were not in any hurry since football season pre-games don' start until August. Amazon had the lowest price we could find. We were surprised to see this grill show up on our door step just 4 days later when the free shipping option told us it would take almost 2 weeks.
I opened the box and set it up immediately and I was pleasantly surprised that it came out of the box nearly complete. Just put the wheels on, attach the handle and the regulator and you're good to go. About 15 minutes in all as compared to hours I have spent assemblying other new grills.
Next came the cook test and the clean up test. After reading other reviewers saying that they lined the inside with foil for easier cleanup, I thought this was a good idea and did the same. I laid foil across the entire insides and with a steak knife cut around the 2 burners and a hole so any drippings could fall into the drip pan.Read more ›
I was going to get a Weber Q but it doesn't have the cart, at least not at a sub $200 pricepoint. This grill does the job and then some. I used the grill five times in the last two weeks, trying different approaches and methods, and have come up with a few tips and tricks to make the grill work it's best. Please note that this grill is one of the best I have ever used and certainly better than the majority of gas grills I have used. It's no Weber, but then, it ain't 500 bucks either. So, on with the tips.
1. The burner has a "low" to "high" settings. The high settings are ONLY and I mean ONLY for using the burner attachment or griddle attachment. There is no need to use 20,000BTU's of heat on a grill this small. These guys that are melting handles and such are also ruining food with entirely too much heat. They ought to put this in the book, but they don't. So you read it hear first, been grilling for over 25 years, do NOT use the high setting for grilling...PERIOD! Think about it...my Weber, which is almost twice as big and has enough clearance built into the cover for a turkey or upright chicken, only has 40,000BTU. So 20,000 for a grill with a three inch clearance cover and burners less than an inch away from the food is way too much. NO HIGH!!! PERIOD...there, now I feel better.
2. Properly preheat the grill.Read more ›
Our experience was limited to two days and nights of varied cooking. The first experience was grilling polish dogs for lunch. The dogs fit perfectly in the grill's grooves and were cooked very evenly through and through with the lid closed. That evening I cooked two tri-tip roasts. The grills had been pretreated with Pam barbecue spray, making cleanup very easy. After some basic seasoning, the roasts turned out perfectly cooked, crisp on the outside and full of natural juices on the inside. Day two was an instant replay of the first day with hamburgers as the main course.
I had purchased the gridle and a grate accessories for the LXE grill and can report that this was money wisely invested. My wife used the grate to brew the morning coffee and, later, whipped up a tasty mixture of hash browns, onions, and cheese. The LXE's variable heat and grate sturdiness made the preparation of this and other large pan dishes a snap. The gridle made cooking pancakes a breeze. Even with no Pam or cooking oil, the pancakes were light and fluffy and did not stick to the gridle.
If you're a barbecue enthusiast and use the Coleman LXE extensively, consider using a large propane container like I did. I bought a CharBroil propane hose/adapter at Lowe's for $16 and connected it to the LXE. Since I already owned the 5 gallon propane tank, my only expense was filling the tank with propane. Why go into so much detail about this, you might ask.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Probably the best grill I've ever bought and I've had some high end ones. Easy setup, cooks fast and easy to clean.Published 2 hours ago by T Schultz
It did not work. Something was wrong with the regulator. I returned it.Published 5 hours ago by Diane
We love this grill. Wish the blue was made in the USA like the red. Only issue is the lid will not lock with out it being pushed back more.Published 16 hours ago by Toni Luree Quesenberry
Best buy on Amazon works great Great price! Easy to set up and take anywhere.Published 17 hours ago by Alan Clark
Out of all the gas grills, the coleman was the best one. We love cooking on it.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this grill for camping but it is good for home use as well. Easy to set-up, easy to clean.Published 1 day ago by astro mom
bought this as a gift for my son and he loves it. carries it to the pool often.Published 1 day ago by Jo Ann