Coleman 4D XPS LED Duo Lantern
|Price:||$69.95 + $7.49 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CPX® 6 compatible, powered by 4D cell batteries or one rechargeable cartridge (both sold separately)
- Beam distance: 10 meters for lantern, 8 meters for light panel
- Two lanterns in one
- 56 hours of runtime in lantern mode
- Each rechargeable panel runs for up to 2 hours when removed from charging base
- 175 lumens for lantern, 75 lumens for light panel
- Wide handle openings accommodate work gloves
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Coleman® 4D XPS LED Duo Lantern is an innovative and versatile way to brighten your campsite. Use as a lantern with over 95 lumens of light or remove one of the two 48 lumen side panels to use as a personal light source. The two removable side panels automatically recharge when returned to the lantern base. Each panel, operated by a 4 D battery pack(included), offers its own on/off switch and will run for 1.5 hours when removed from the docking station for quick trips to the shower, house or anywhere else. Once placed back into the docking station, the panels will be automatically recharged. Producing over 95 lumens of light output from 4 D Cell battery,the LED Duo Lantern will run for 76 hours - more than enough for an extended weekend stay at the campground.Wide handle openings accommodate work gloves..Tough polycarbonate lenses resists damage..Each lantern panel has individual on/off switch..Lantern foldout foot allows individual panels to stand on their own..Perfect for campsite or power outages when light might be needed in more than one place..Can be used with optional 6V XPS rechargeable battery pack (not included).Size: 10.5"H X 6.5"W.Weight: 47.1 oz..
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I like this colour,shape and usability. We have no power failure now but sometimes enjoy lighting this lantern during the night.
I think it's better this is as bright as QUAD Lantern.
I'm sorry I'm bad at English.
My favorite features/characteristics include:
- Versatility: You can use as a panoramic, standalone lantern and get nearly 360 degrees of light, perfect for putting in the center of the table on the deck and lighting the entire area. Or, with the push of a button (2), you can detach the handled side lanterns which are great at the campsite when one person has to walk to the John while others need light left at the campsite.
- Efficient & Reliable: In my use, 4 good D-Cell batteries will well over 4 hours. I haven't kept close track of use, but based upon my experience it is at least this much use.
- Lights a wide area: basically to 360 degrees
- Bright: But not blinding
I've enjoyed this lantern so much I purchased one for my father in law, and he loves his as well. Wish I had known about this little item sooner as I wouldn't have wasted money purchasing multiple flashlights.
I considered buying the battery pack, but after reading some negative reviews, I thought I would hold off and use D-Cells for a while.
When we got the unit, one of the light paddles was not functioning properly. I've yet to nail down the problem completely, but I've given up on caring at this stage(Something wrong with the switch board), but it boiled down to the fact that the panel would turn on only when connected, but would not under its own battery power(Batteries were tested as being just fine, and when forcefully removed and reinstalled, it worked, but only until connected again, nailing down the switch problem). So we called Coleman to talk to them about this and request ordering another component. We back and forthed about the warranty a bit, then the guy on the phone said "Wait, you just need a part, right? One sec... There, it's on its way, expect it in a week or two."
Sure enough, it arrived, and is now working more than fine.
As for the lantern's function as a whole, defects aside? It works fantastic. The light is a bit harsh, but for setup in the dark, it works fine.