Other Sellers on Amazon
Colin & Brad: Two Man Group
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood, stars of the Emmy®-winning Whose Line Is It Anyway?, have finally recorded their hilarious live stage show!! These masters of improv comedy have performed their outrageous, one-of-a-kind show to sold out audiences all over the country. Colin and Brad’s TWO MAN GROUP is a riotously funny, interactive, and completely improvised tour de force. Using nothing but their lightning fast wits and some audience volunteers, Colin and Brad create pandemonium on the spot in one of the funniest live shows you will ever see.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Their live stage show is so popular that they perform at sold-out shows throughout the country. This is a comedy DVD where nothing is rehearsed, everything is spontaneous and you will no doubt laugh at what you see happen on stage.
In "Colin & Brad: Two Man Group - Live and Dangerous Comedy", here is what to expect on this DVD:
* Welcome - Both men explain improv and how anyone can do it and how their skits happen on the fly.
* Moving Bodies - watch as both men pick two people from the audience who must control their bodies and improvise the storyline.
* Sound FX - Both men gets suggestions by the audience to do an improv on them riding the rapids but the audience will be provided with a mic to make the sound effects and with these sound effects, both men will improvise from what those sounds.
* Sideways - In this skit, the camera is above and both men are laying down on the floor (which makes them appear as they are in a correct walking stance) and improvising a skit.
* One Word Expert - Both men take turns saying a word and do a skit as the Love Doctors while audiences ask love questions to them.
* Jeopardy - In this skit, both men do the voices for two audience members while their mouths are opening.
* Interpreter - In this skit, Colin Mochrie must do body movements based on an audience member's occupation.
* Torture - In this segment known as "The Torture Game", an audience member reads off a list of things that Colin and Brad must improvise and take part in "Questions Only", where the two must speak in questions only. For "letter substitution", "s" must be pronounced as "k", "If you know what I mean" is when the two men must use that word constantly in a sentence.
* Mousetraps - In this skit, both men are blindfolded and must walk around a stage barefooted with mousetraps all over the floor and all around them strung near their head and body while they walk and improvise.
* End Credits - End Credits
VIDEO, AUDIO & SUBTITLES:
"Colin & Brad: Two Man Group - Live and Dangerous Comedy" is presented in 16×9 Widescreen (1:78:1) and in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround. Picture quality is good on DVD, because there are many skits throughout the show, there are various camera angles provided, especially since their are so many audience members that are selected to be part of the show, for the most part, there are no dizzying edits and easy to watch. Lighting is also well done and for the most part, the presentation is pretty solid on DVD.
There are no subtitles on this DVD.
"Colin & Brad: Two Man Group - Live and Dangerous Comedy" comes with the following special features:
* Do's and Dont's of Improv - (6:50) Both Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood explain how they are able to improv and the do's and dont's of improv.
* Interview with Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood - (5:40) Brad Sherwood interviews Colin Mochrie.
I am familiar with Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood's comedy performance on "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" and the fact that both men were able to take this show and create a live stage show is pretty fun and exciting but the fact that they are able to connect with the audience and even get audience members to participate throughout the whole show makes it so enjoyable and hilarious.
I review a lot of comedy DVD's and while this is not a DVD about stand-up comedy, it is a DVD featuring a bunch of improvisational skits that end up becoming comedy and literally, I was constantly laughing throughout the performance. I felt as if my gut was going to burst because the skits were just off-the-top hilarious.
It's hard for me to describe this DVD because unlike other comedy-DVD's where I can describe the comedian and their style of delivery or even the stage set-up, for "Colin & Brad: Two Man Group", the two men are awesome on stage but what makes their performance work successfully is their ability to interact with the audience and fully use audience participation. You don't see that happening all that much, unless it's a magic show.
As for content, there is no profanity but often, you will hear Brad bring up "crotchless panties" but that is probably the extent of anything that may be too over-the-top for those who may wonder if they can watch this comedy DVD with children. I will say that in the audience, you will see many parents with their older children at the show.
The DVD is straightforward and you get two special features with the guys messing around and having fun. In fact, there are not too many comedy DVD's where I enjoy everything from beginning to end. Most, you will either like part of it, half of it but for this DVD, the whole performance was hilarious and I can easily say that you will get your money's worth.
So, overall, If you are looking for a comedy DVD that is easy to get into and one that you can just laugh out loud and have fun watching it, I highly recommend "Colin & Brad: Two Man Group - Live and Dangerous Comedy". Definitely recommended!