BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on June 10, 2016
Use this on my Nikon Coolpix P900. Attaches without any issues. Caution: you can not fully extend the hood with the lens retracted as you will have the hood in your frame. Zooming the lens out a little will allow you to fully extend the hood. With the lens partially zoomed (not much) you can use the first section of the hood.
on September 1, 2017
2017.09.29 - UPDATE: This update pertains to the specific lens I happened to put this lens hood on. There is nothing wrong with the lens hood itself. This particular Canon 24mm "pancake" lens has a very shallow threaded area in which to place the lens hood. I realized after some use that the rubber on the lens hood was interfering with the auto-focus. Again, nothing wrong with the lens hood per se, just in this particular combination. I ordered a UV Filer, and installed that between the lens hood and the lens, and problem solved. So if you want to use this rubber lens hood with this particular or similar lens, you may need to address this issue.

Bought this for a Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens. Works just fine. Have not noticed any vignetting even when the rubber hood is fully extended. Since it collapses I just leave it on all the time. I had a little bit of difficulty installing it the first time because I couldn't get the threaded lens hood ring to connect with the lens threads. I eventually realized that the rubber hood will come off of the metal ring. I took the rubber off, screwed the ring onto the lens, then the rubber just reattaches to a "lip" on the ring. You do have to be careful not to grab the camera by the rubber lens hood as it will pull off. But in normal use it stays on fine and collapses and extends with no difficulty.
on May 1, 2017
Was looking for a collapsible rubber lens hood for my 18-140mm Nikon lens which didn't come with a hood. I wanted a collapsible hood because the lens goes from wide angle to telephoto. The Goja hood looks to be very high quality and and allows me to keep it on the lens and still use the lens cap to protect the front element. I had my camera with the hood attached crammed into my backpack for a few days and when I took it out, it looked out of round from the weight of the camera and lens bearing down on it. I expanded the hood and it snapped right into place. Collapsing the hood to the other lengths, it still retained it's round shape. Not sure about long term effects, after all, rubber can be deformed by over time but I plan to put a piece of spare foam under the lens to prevent this happening. Overall, a great lens hood from a great company. And this is an unbiased opinion because I paid full price for the lens hood.
on October 9, 2017
I used my Nikon P900 super-zoom for over a year before I discovered this excellent lens hood. Now I fuss about the sun angle no longer -- this item works every bit as well as I had hoped! It attaches firmly to the threads on my lens, and I keep it on 24/7 without it ever getting in the way. It easily telescopes out or collapses back in, as needed. When collapsed in, the camera and hood fit together in my camera case nicely. It does not interefere with putting the lens cap on or off. It made of soft rubber, so it even adds a nice layer of protection from bumps etc. Only one "negative" to mention: when you take wide-angle shots it will cut off the corners and edges of the picture. No problem -- it is working as designed; just collapse it back down for wide angle. But this is no concern at all to anyone who, like me, takes only zoom photos. (I use my P900 to photograph birds.) And the price on Amazon is a bargain. So if you have a Nikon P900 or any other super-zoom camera with a 67mm lens, do not hesitate to purchase this lens hood. It is an excellent product!
on January 31, 2017
Works great on a Nikon CoolPix P900!
on April 11, 2017
Product is as described. Fits my Nikon P900 perfectly. I can adjust the hood according to how far I am focusing on a an object. Does not hinder the lens from telescoping. I do have to remove the hood when I am placing the camera back into the case as my case is not big enough for it. However, this is not an issue for me
on May 30, 2014
I just got this hood today and still need to do more in depth field tests, but so far it looks great!

I have this in the 52mm filter size for my Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. From first unwrapping the package, and installing the hood, I could tell right away I should be pleased. It's actually a really durable rubber and after installing it, I really like how it's collapsible and extendable. This will be handy for not having to screw the hood every time I want to store it, by taking it off and putting it on. When collapsed, it's just a tad longer (like a few filters stacked up together) than if it wasn't installed. With the hood on, the lens cap installs perfectly over the lens in the hood ring. This hood has been installed on top of my Zeikos lens filter with no issues.

I'm looking forward to using this in bright sunlight to see how much of a difference it makes. If you're on the fence of getting a fixed lens hood versus this rubber one, let me tell you I'm very glad I got the rubber one. It's way more flexible and versatile in working with your gear as far as breaking down and so forth. From now on when shopping for lens hoods, I will always check first if there is a rubber one available.
on March 3, 2017
I have about 3 or 4 of these. I recently replaced one as it split along one of the seams. However I used it daily for about 2 years in all sorts of weather. Besides that, it's a real affordable lens hood and also protects the lens in case you hit it against a hard surface. Well worth the purchase. I left 4 starts because of the one item that split.
on March 6, 2015
I ordered this lens hood from Digital Goja off Amazon on the night of February 23rd, and with the free shipping got it as soon as the 28th. Inside the box, I found it in a plastic bag with the MagicFiber cloth, and it was in perfect condition. I'm 100% satisfied with Digital Goja's service, and I will definitely go to them again in the future.

Now for the actual product review:
Unlike hard plastic lens hoods, this one can collapse or extend into a few different positions. This makes it great for use with lenses of different focal lengths. I bought the lens hood for my EF-S 24mm f/2.8 pancake lens. As such, I run into the problem of slight vignetting at the corners with the hood extended out to its full size. This is to be expected when using a wide-angle lens, so it's not the fault of the lens hood. But if I scale the hood back to its medium length, it works perfectly. And of course I can always crop my photos to remove the vignetting anyway.

This gets 5 stars, for both the service I received with Digital Goja and the usefulness I've found with this lens hood.
on December 19, 2016
The purpose of a hood is to eliminate unwanted light from entering a lens and leaving "flare" on a photograph. This hood has a unique design that allows the user to customize the hood length to extend and collapse it into one of three different lens configurations–wide angle, normal, or telephoto. The rubber design is durable and worked well in warm temperatures during a recent trip to the ruins of Machu Picchu, Peru. Similar to any rubber hood, it will temporarily lose its shape while stored in a gadget bag but will return to its roundness after a few minutes of use. The hood is designed with a front thread which permits the addition of a filter. This feature was especially useful for me in adding a circular polarizer to remove glare from surfaces and increase blue sky saturation.