Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 170 reviews
VINE VOICEon May 5, 2012
I just got my Tim Burton set in the mail today, so pull up a chair, and let me tell you what you get.
First of all, I will freely admit that I am a HUGE Tim Burton fan, and was very excited when I saw this listed on Amazon. I sold my copies of the movies I already owned on Blu-ray to pay for it. Of course, with the price being so low on this set, I actually ended up making a profit.

THE PACKAGING: When you open your copy, you will find a very sturdy box with the artwork shown on the website on the front, and the same border design on the back with a listing of all the movies included in the set. The discs themselves are housed in a foldout digi-pak, with the discs secured in a two-disc stack pattern. Since there are only seven discs, Batman is attached with a single hub. This is the type packaging where you have to remove the top disc in order to get the bottom disc out. I didn't have any problems, and I feel the discs are all very secure and safe. In addition to the discs being in the foldout package, there is also a list of all the supplemental material available for each title. I thought that was a nice touch. Each discs also has new artwork that is in keeping with the design that is present in the border around the front and back of the box. I liked the fact that new artwork was created for the discs, instead of just throwing discs in with the current artwork on them. Nice touch!! The movies all have the same special features as was present on previous Blu-ray releases.

THE BOOKLET: The booklet is a great treat. Each movie gets anywhere from 6 to 12 pages each in the book. The book is a hardcover, and the pages are all thick with a shiny sheen to them.
* Pee Wee - 8 pages
* Beetlejuice - 6 pages
* Batman - 8 pages
* Batman Returns - 8 pages
* Mars Attacks - 8 pages
* Corpse Bride - 12 pages
* Charlie - 12 pages
Each film gets an introduction, poster page, behind the scenes shots, some sketch art, movie info, and trivia. This is very nice, and should count as a blu-ray exclusive feature since this set is not available on DVD. I was just expecting to see a few pictures stuck in a book, with little thought put into it. What you get is a very well thought out little book, that adds to the enjoyment of each film.

BOTTOM LINE: If you don't have any of these on Blu-ray, then I would strongly suggest you get this set. It's a great price for what you get. If you do already own them, you may want to consider doing what I did. Sell all your current copies on Amazon, and then turn around and order this set. I ended up making a nice little profit, plus now I have all of these Burton films in a very nice collection which will proudly be displayed on my shelf.
88 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
I enjoyed this set very much, but the case the films are packed in leave something to be desired. If you're looking at this review you probably don't need a review on the movies themselves. For them I give this a 5 star review for a great selection of Tim Burton Films distributed by Warner. The films that aren't included were not released by Warner and are not included in this set for those wondering why.

Anyway, the mark on this set is that the Blu Ray trays don't properly hold the films. When I go to open this fold out style case there is always one movie that is off of the tray floating. This is weird since I never move the box until I am going to watch a movie and just from that slight movement it dislodges the disc. Very disappointed in that. I checked and the clips on the center of the plastic tray are still intact, so this is just a sloppy design.

But aside from that, this is a worthy buy for a great selection of films. Just don't move the box around to much once you have it.
on October 26, 2013
I;m not going to review the movies. If you can browse the internet and are old enough to buy things on Amazon you should have at least seen a few of these. No, this review is purely on the packaging.

Most multi-movie packs have more then one movie per disc..and that's just DVD. Go to any store and you can find four pack movies on double sides discs. It's a mess, and a bad idea. Using blu-ray they could have very easily put multiple movies on each disc and called it a day. But they don't, each movie has it's own disc. The discs themselves are not loose and wobbly inside the package. the packaging folds out like "fat pack" tv seasons (Early releases of Buffy, Angel, and bablyon 5 have the same style packaging).

The book that comes with the set fits nicely into the outer case. It's a nice hardcover that won't get easily damaged by "shelf wear" like most books. It has fun little trivia and behind the scenes images form all the movies in this set.

The discs are clearly labeled for what movie they are, and have a white and black label. In fact the entire set keeps a simple color scheme of black, white, and purple with spirals that make it easy to tell they are a set and ment to go together.

Whiel this is by no means a "complete" collection, and jsut his movies form one studio, it is a nice glimpse into the work history of a director who has a very uniquie and distinct style that is easily spotted...be it animation, super heros, and anything inbetween.
on January 18, 2013
I saw this set and got a great deal on it. I'm not a huge Tim Burton fan, but enjoy his movies and there are a couple here i didn't mind having on Blu-Ray. I personally wont review the movies as they are a matter of personal opinion but i will review the set.

First off, these aren't all movies Tim Burton has directed, but all are movies he has been involved with. This is a Warner Brothers box set so that's why other movies you may know are not in it like Edward Scissorhands which was produced by Fox. Also these movies are good, but probably no longer making any money so that's why they were put in this set.

My first initial though when opening the box was that the box set is quite nice. I have 4 other box sets, all made of cheap printed paper. Two of them have torn from the kids browsing them and all have banged up corners. This box isn't the same thin white paper, its a thicker compressed board that should significantly longer, It has a nice shiny coating and nice art work all around it.

The case holding the Blu-Rays is in good shape. I have had others, such as the expensive Aliens Quadrilogy which all the glue attaching the disks holders to the backing all weakened and broke before i even opened it. These seem to be holding strong on a nice fold out.

The disks are pretty bare. They are actually see through which made me think originally that i had been cheated. You can literally hold a disk to your eye and see right through which i have never seen before in a ROM.

All the movies have bonus features, except Mars Attacks!. BeetleJuice even has three episodes of the TV cartoon that had come out in the 90's. My kids enjoyed watching them as much as the movie. Between all the movies, there is everything from theatrical trailers, extra scenes, commentary and everything in between.

The thing Burton fans will most likely want to get their hands on is the book. The pages of it feel like photos and the pictures are relatively nice quality. Some are older which there is nothing they can do about the quality and some are newer from newer movies. They all look good though. There is also drawings mixed in. The booklet itself is a great addition to the movie set.

Overall, if you like any of these movies, its a nice set to pick up. Some of the movies are okay but some are classics. If you can get it as the deal of the day for under $30, it's a safe bet you and you're family will get you'r moneys worth out of it.
on January 18, 2013
This blu ray set is truly better than I expected. In this set, you pull out a case that opens up and has 7 movies. The movies each have their own plastic place within the fold out case. I have several sets similar to this one, and I have to say that I really like the way this one is laid out. The selection of movies are eclectic and all Burton! In this set, you have:

Batman- the eighties version with Michael Keaton
Commentary by Tim Burton- On the Set with Bob Kane- Legends of The Dark Knight:The History of Batman
The Comic Book Saga as Reinvented and reinterpreted over Seven Decades- Shadows of The Bat: The
Cinematic Saga of The Dark Knight Parts 1-3-plus more

Batman Returns- the sequel that also stars Michael Keaton
Commentary by Tim Burton- the Bat, The Cat, and The Penguin- Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga
of The Dark Knight Part Four: Dark Side of the Knight- Bats, Mattes, and Dark Knights: The Visual Effects of
Batman-plus more

Beetlejuice-
This blu ray includes 3 of the cartoons which is a wonderful bonus: A-Ha, Skeletons in the Closet, and Spooky
Boo-Tique (Please Release the entire cartoon series on DVD or Blu Ray!! I would Buy It!!

Mars Attacks- This Blu Ray does not have any extras on it that I can see.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Commentary by Paul Reubens and Director Tim Burton- Additional Scenes- Production Sketches and
Storyboards- Music only track with commentary by Danny Elfman

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory-
In movie experience-Tim Burton Takes You Through the Mouth-Watering Creative Process That Brought
This Elaborate Production To The Screen-All as You Watch the Movie!- Commentary by Tim Burton- and

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride-
Inside The Two Worlds- Danny Elfman Interprets The Two Worlds- The Animators:The Breath of Life-
Tim Burton: Dark vs Light- Voices From the Underworld-Making Puppets Tick-The Voices Behind The Voice-
and more

This set also includes a small hardback book filled with pictures from the movie sets and actors. It is filled with knowledge about each movie as well. I am pleased with this set. It is Blu Ray only, so I wish it had included DVDs also. I also wish that Mars Attacks would have had more extras. It is an attractive addition to my blu ray collection.
on October 15, 2015
I really like this collection! I was looking to upgrade my Burton movies to Blu-ray, and this was a great way to do just that! Additionally, the book that comes with it is really nice, as it contains photos of Tim in his element and information on each movie in the set which is a BIG plus for any Burton fan (which I am). It should be noted that the movies in this set offer the same bonus features as the individual blu-rays. At least they did before some of the recent re-releases that came after this set was on the market (I'm looking at you, Batman, Diamond Luxe Edition). Also of note: As stated in other reviews, this set contains Tim's films from Warner Bros., so you won't be getting Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, etc., because those films were made for different studios, NOT Warner.
on November 4, 2013
This is a GREAT deal, if you're a Burton fan at all. Two of my favorite childhood flicks (Batman and Beetlejuice) are in this collection, and for 26$ that's like five extra movies for free -- on Blu-Ray? Awesome. I've only watched a few of the movies so far, and the BD is nice-but-not-earth-shattering.

I love that I now have the first two Batman flicks. I LOVED these both, as they are head-and-shoulders above the others in the 90's Batman flicks. Batman Returns I found to be a better movie than the first, in the vein of a fun-and-awesome Batman, rather than the gritty Nolan films.

Beetlejuice, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, and Mars Attacks! are all great, zany fun that I can't wait to crack open and spin a few times.

I hadn't watch Corpse Bride until this set. It's not a spectacular movie, but I'm sure I'll watch it again. I still haven't seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

The only reason this isn't a 5-star review is because of the obvious omission of a few of Burton's other great films -- namely Edward Scissorhands and Nightmare Before Christmas. I guess it's not too difficult to figure out why they weren't included, though...
on May 3, 2012
I am really excited about this! Tim Burton is absolutely my favorite director, and I was at a point where I was contemplating upgrading my Tim Burton titles to Blu-Ray anyway, and then I come across this set...this is a good chunk of the movies down in one swoop, plus I have Alice in Wonderland on Blu-Ray. Just a handful more to go now. Sure, other than Batman, Batman Begins, and Beetlejuice, this collector's set doesn't necessarily contain some of Tim Burton's absolute best movies...but these are all fun movies none the less! Though I favor some of his movies over others, I still love the general majority of Tim Burton's workings and each of the movies in this set are enjoyable. I grew up watching some of these as well, like Batman, Beetlejuice, and Peewee.

For those out there that don't realize and are wondering why Nightmare Before Christmas is not included in this set, it's because Tim Burton didn't actually direct Nightmare. Henry Selick (James and the Giant Peach, Monkey Bone, Coraline) actually directed it. Tim Burton merely produced it, as well as James and the Giant Peach, alongside Selick. However, I do highly agree that Edward Scissorhands should have been added to this collection...it is one of his classic greats and should have by all rights been added to this collection as well. That's probably my only single qualm about this set.

However, this is still a great set, and you get 7 movies plus a collectible book for only $45! That's not bad, and the combined whole of these movies are totally worth that in my opinion! Plus collectors, this is a limited edition set I'd wager to bet so you might wanna jump on this before they run out and others start selling it down the road for outrageous prices! I, for one, have ordered mine. Good stuff!
on May 13, 2012
simple and sa·li·ent review. just saying.

ok first of all if you like tim burton movies for what they are then you'll love this selection which is all from the same studio that's why there aren't some of the classics in it. whew that was a mouth full. the picture quality ranges from good- great depending on the age of the movies so this is about as good as the older ones will ever look. i bought this as a started collection to my burton collection. i had most of my favs already but none of these so win win. ;)
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
... and so are all of his movies. For those who are complaining about other TB movies not in this collection, this is meant for his "less consumed" film line. Each of these films is unique in its own right and deserving of a collection such as this. The PQ and AQ is great. I lucked out and bought this during a lightening deal so I paid $28.99. Not bad at all!