Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.58 shipping
Marlon Brando 4-Movie Collection (The Ugly American / The Appaloosa / A Countess from Hong Kong / The Night of the Following Day)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
America's greatest film legend's diverse talent is remarkably displayed in this four-film collector's set. From gunslinger to aristocrat, from con artist to ambassador, Marlon Brando's performances and characters are unforgettable. This is a truly unique collection of the man who changed the face of American film acting forever.
Bonus Content:Disc 1 - The Night of the Following Day:
- Aspect Ratio : 2.35:1, 1.85:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medNotRated NR (Not Rated)
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 5.5 x 0.75 inches; 7.04 Ounces
- Item model number : 2220275
- Director : George Englund, Hubert Cornfield, Sidney J. Furie, Charles Chaplin
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Box set, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, NTSC, Widescreen
- Run time : 7 hours and 2 minutes
- Release date : May 31, 2005
- Actors : Marlon Brando, Richard Boone, Anjanette Comer, Sophia Loren, Rita Moreno
- Dubbed: : French
- Subtitles: : French, Spanish
- Producers : Alan Miller
- Language : Unqualified (DTS ES 6.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)
- Studio : Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- ASIN : B0007RTBA6
- Writers : Charles Chaplin, James Bridges, Roland Kibbee
- Number of discs : 2
- Best Sellers Rank: #78,131 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On the reverse side of the COUNTESS disc is THE APPALOOSA which I wanted to see because it was partially photographed in Southern Utah. Brando and John Saxon head the cast of this above average Western which I enjoyed. Shot in Techniscope and Technicolor it isn't as sharp as full frame photography (this process uses a 2 frame height instead of the usually 4 frame but gets its wide screen ration without a anamorphic squeeze) but comes across as a very nice transfer. I liked the use of the wide screen frame with the great depth of field shots used well. The film is well acted and not overly violent.
The second disc contains THE NIGHT OF THE FOLLOWING DAY which has an interesting cast but a trashy story that makes this title the lesser one of the set for me. While it has a nice transfer it is the only one of the four films that was not shot as a Technicolor production and the Eastman Color print renders an image less sharp then Technicolor. The flip side of this disc has THE UGLY AMERICAN which I was anxious to see as I had only seen the ending years ago on TV and thought that it looked like it might be a powerful film -- and it is. I would say that THE UGLY AMERICAN is the best is this collection of four Brando films with THE APPALOOSA being second; Chaplin's COUNTESS FROM HONG KONG third; and THE NIGHT OF THE FOLLOWING DAY fourth.
If you are a Brando fan it might be worth picking this set up at the low prices that can be currently found.