Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 27, 2017
Funny movie. I love Bob Hope. Thanks
on June 16, 2015
This is a classic "road" movie and should be enjoyed as such. There are many jokes/gags and asides to the audience that do not take away, but rather add to the movie's charm. Not a lot of plot, but a lot of Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. What more could you want for some lighthearted fun.
on October 26, 2015
These are not Oscar winning performances but they are fun and entertaining.
on January 29, 2008
I've provided a high rating because these are wonderful ROAD pictures with the great Hope and Crosby, and based upon RIO, the transfer looks very nice.

But I have been unable to access ROAD TO BALI from the menu. It keeps going back to ROAD TO RIO. I spent half an hour trying. Are these discs defective?
33 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 4, 2014
Great movie, great fun. A classic in my book. A must see
on January 31, 2008
Love the Road to series. I watched them with my parents when I was a kid on VHS. While the hd-dvd versions are better than the recent dvd counterparts, it isn't by much. The Road to Rio looks a little washed out in many scenes and the Bali suffers from over saturation. I was hoping that Road to Rio would have the sharp blacks, whites, and grays of Casablanca, but it did not. Road to Bali is the best of the two, visually. Still, they look a heck of a lot better than earlier versions. The audio is cleaned up with no annoying film static.

There are no special features (aside from an alternative french ending to Road to Bali) and you cannot look up anything while the movie is playing (a feature I have grown use to).

Casablanca, Adventures of Robinhood, and the Searchers are waaaaay better transfers. But like I said, it's still cleaner than the DVDs.

Side Note: The cover doesn't look anything like what Amazon is showing.
on April 12, 2007
I just got this dvd set with the Bob Hope Tribute Collection "The road show series" and have to say I am pretty disappointed with the quality. Both movies are pretty grainy and a few of the frames have glitches. I mainly got this dvd because of "Road to Rio". I already own a dvd with "My Favorite Brunette" and "Road to Bali"Road to Bali/My Favorite Brunette. I bought this set thinking the quality would be much better then the version I owned and boy was I wrong! First chance I get I'm buying the single version of "Road to Rio". On another note Bob Hope Tribute Collection has amazing quality and I highly recommend it!Bob Hope Tribute Collection - The Road Show Series (The Road to Morocco / The Road to Singapore / The Road to Utopia / The Road to Zanzibar)
on December 28, 2016
Screwball comedy. Bob Hope plays a dimwit as usual, but Peter Lorre and Lon Chaney are here in crazy crooks--not too bright..
on September 18, 2016
Bob Hope and Dorthy what's not to like an oldie but a goodiie I grew up watching them and at 60 I still enjoy watching these silly movies.
on December 26, 2014