Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > Dark Souls - Playstation 3 forum

Collectors Edition or not?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 160 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2011, 9:01:45 PM PDT
youthxciz says:
I haven't pre-ordered yet (shame I know) but I really want a free upgrade to collectors edition. I know I can get the collectors edition off of newegg for $59.99, but I would rather order from amazon. It used to say that there was a free upgrade to the CE but now it doesn't. The only thing making me linger is the picture is of the CE. Any thoughts?

Posted on Sep 26, 2011, 9:27:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2011, 9:37:32 PM PDT
I've just placed an order for the PS3 version and had the exact same question. I've sent an e-mail to Amazon customer support asking as much; I'll post here if I find any information.

It stands to reason that we'd get it, as the initial printing is supposed to be all collector's (that's how Demon's Souls worked), but I'd hate to end up with some release-day second printing somehow. I never use strategy guides, but that little mini book that came with Demon's saved my ass more than once. These games are difficult enough that I don't feel cheap when I use the guide.

EDIT: Though I've just now noticed that the mini-strategy guide is actually just digital. It's not printed out like with the original. Pity. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011, 9:42:50 PM PDT
youthxciz says:
Its funny that you should say that because that's the only reason I want the CE. I didn't have that luxury with Demons souls...

Posted on Sep 26, 2011, 11:09:10 PM PDT
M. Kelsey says:
I just chatted with Harsh Kumar from CS and he told me that my order would be upgraded and shipped as the CE edition even though it takes me to the normal version amazon page when I click on it in my orders. I just placed my preorder on 9/25.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011, 4:29:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2011, 4:30:12 AM PDT
This game is way outselling DS. DS had a slow burn to gather a following. This game has a stronger base then the industry realizes. Some game review sites are having a tough time because the journalists don't have the right frame of mind to progress very far and fans are demanding reviews so they have to do it.

I wouldn't count on the game underselling and everyone getting a CE. The good news is they are rather efficient in that part of the world, so a second print would get dome fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011, 8:45:06 AM PDT
I just confirmed the same with an e-mail CSR: we will be receiving the collector's edition if we preorder.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011, 9:13:41 AM PDT
Unit543 says:
well too late if you need the PS3 version

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011, 9:45:47 AM PDT
What do you mean, Unit555? It's not too late; that's the point of this whole thread. According to Amazon customer service, if you preorder the PS3 version, you'll get the collector's edition.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011, 10:49:18 AM PDT
Unit543 says:
that's what they say,until come delivery time..If that was the case why not leave all pre-orders open,why close them?

Posted on Sep 28, 2011, 8:58:17 PM PDT
youthxciz says:
Okay so I just ordered it and chatted with a service rep. He didn't seem to have the best English. (Not bad by any means, just one of those conversations you don't want to last longer than it needs to.) So he checked and confirmed I AM getting the CE. And I just ordered it. If you want the CE I urge you to order now, check, and when they promise it to you it keep in mind if you get the standard edition you can call amazon and they will replace it within a day. I also asked about when i would get it, and he said he didn't have access to the information. So there are 3 ways this can go:
-I receive the CE on the release day and have a big ole :D
-I get the CE a few days later like the rumors, still I have a :)
-I get the standard edition on the release date, notify amazon about it, they send me the CE copy and arrange for UPS to pick up my standard copy the next day. In the time between UPS delivering and picking the standard copy up, maybe I open it up and play it a little, who cares? >:)
Lol but I really hope it's one of the first 2. Preferably the first. If anybody gets any info please reply to my post!!

Posted on Sep 29, 2011, 3:51:34 PM PDT
Armadda says:
You could have always just gone to a retail store, they should have plenty and a still definitely offering CE upgrades

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011, 5:27:52 PM PDT
Many retail stores have already stated they are only getting the standard edition: See Kmart. Other stores have not confirmed their version, but I'd venture to guess seeing that it was supposedly a pre-order only bonus, that any stores not offering preorders will not be offering it.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011, 8:30:46 PM PDT
I just ordered the Playstation 3 version of the game TODAY (September 29) on the standard copy. And when I checked in with Customer Service, he said that if you preordered the game, you will receive the CE.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011, 8:42:00 PM PDT
R. Diaz says:
the collectors edition it's not available for ps3 amazon's stock sold out

Posted on Sep 29, 2011, 9:12:39 PM PDT
Bones says:
The customer service reps are WRONG... they will say anything to keep the sale... Dark Souls CE is SOLD OUT.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011, 10:28:02 PM PDT
The pages could be wrong too. I really don't care. I just want the game. And if I didn't get the CE like the rep said I would, I'm pretty sure I can get a hold of Customer Service again and explain the situation. I can probably get it anyway, know what I mean?

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 1:36:18 AM PDT
youthxciz says:
I was promised the CE. Like I said, I'll play the game til my CE comes, and it will no matter what. Amazon never fails to keep me happy. If I don't get it and call them, I'll get it.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 5:33:25 AM PDT
Ps3 versions will not be upgraded!!!!

Me:there have been others who have preordered this one and were told they would be automatically upgraded to the collectors edition because all preordered copies were to be the collectors edition at no additional charge
Rubee:Can you please hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?
Me:sure
Rubee:Thanks for waiting.
I checked and see that pre order ps3 version, you'll receive only that and it'll not upgrade to collectors edition.

No more collectors editions!!!

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 6:46:32 AM PDT
R. S. Pavel says:
I talked to "Carlos" on customer support today. He still seems to claim that my order (Some time in August, I think) will be upgraded. But I am still a bit worried

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 8:07:27 AM PDT
I'm only stating what I was told people. If the Customer Representative was indeed wrong, I can probably bring it up and get the collector's edition anyway, maybe not on Release Date, but still receiving it anyhow.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 9:14:19 AM PDT
Muhahah says:
Yeah
i was told like three times that my order will be upgraded to collectors edition
I took screenshots of that conversation as a proof also

If i dun get the CE

i could file a claim.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 4:22:10 PM PDT
Fani says:
I ordered in May 2011, but looks like I'm not getting the free upgrade to CE because my order is taking me to the regular page instead of the CE page. oh well, I'll call them about it, maybe they'll give me a free $10 DLC code or something.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 5:42:24 PM PDT
MoogleMan says:
Mine goes to the regular page too, but when I chatted online they confirmed I'd be getting the CE. I pre-ordered in july. Like others said, if they send me the normal edition I'll just call and I'm sure a CE will be sent.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 5:55:40 PM PDT
Dylan says:
Is it still not too late for the PS3 version? I can't tell...

Posted on Sep 30, 2011, 7:34:42 PM PDT
I think the problem is that there's really no collector's edition; that's what's throwing people off. There's no need for a separate page on Amazon, so they removed it. What it is, really, is a "first edition" printing. If you get the game on Oct 4th, you get a different box and a little art book. If you get it later, you either buy it from a store that still has stock, or you get a later printing (which will not have the tin & artbook).

So do you have the game preordered? Is it set to arrive on Oct 4th? Then yeah, you get the quote "collector's edition," because there literally isn't another edition made yet. You'd know that you missed out if the store page switched to "backordered," or any date other than Oct 4th.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  61
Total posts:  160
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

This discussion is about
Dark Souls - Playstation 3
Dark Souls - Playstation 3 by Namco (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (724)