Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Best home school book ever written! I must own at least 20 home schooling books, and most of them are fine books, but geared mainly to the younger years for home schooling. Out of all the books I have read about home schooling through high school, this one tops the list by a mile. The advice in this book is the most useful and valuable I have ever seen and it is an easy read. Brilliant ideas abound in this book; ideas to help steer your reluctant teen through the high school years and more importantly concrete ways to get your teen ready for college. I cannot say enough about this book, if I could do it all again, I would buy only two home school books - and this one would be the only one I would buy for the high school years. This is one gem of a book that will guide you through the minefield of high school in an easy, relaxed and entertaining way. Buy it today, don't wait a second more - it will save your sanity - my kids are already in high school at home, buy this before yours get to 9th grade and you will be 100% ready when the time comes to start.
on August 1, 2012
This is another book that I've found extremely helpful in prepping to homeschool high school. Dr. Byers is a college professor and homeschool parent, and writes as one experienced on both sides of the diploma. College-Prep Homeschooling covers a wide variety of subjects, from encouraging study skills and critical thinking skills to creating schedules, syllabi and transcripts. While the book is titled College-Prep Homeschooling, Dr. Byers makes clear that the skills covered within will benefit any high school student, regardless of their plans after graduation. That said, if your student is college bound, this is a book you will find invaluable in terms of preparation for college level study.
on March 19, 2015
A great resource for homeschoolers looking to help a child get into college. Has great information for unschoolers on documentation and howto make the most of homeschooling, rather than trying to copy the school system.
on May 4, 2010
Clear practical advice for sure....but the best part was the MANY creative ideas they used personally in working with their high schoolers. I am looking forward to incorporating several of them this year and believe it will make for a more interesting and challenging year, with my daughter retaining much more of what she learns. Definitely one of, if not THE best, home school for high school books I've read.
on October 7, 2013
This book was every useful in homeschooling my child. Be careful when ordering because then author has two books that looks exactly alike except for a red line going along then bottom right hand corner which is then second version.
on February 24, 2016
Informational
on September 7, 2009
I checked this book out at the library and loved it so much that I had to purchase it. It is a great source for homeschooling families. It has loads of helpful information and I will use it for years.
on September 30, 2014
thanks
on July 11, 2013
This book was very helpful when I began to homeshool my daughter. Thank you for the time and interet put into it. This is then second version.
on September 14, 2011
I am very pleased with this book as it will be a source of good information as we approach the college years.