- Series: For Only
- Paperback: 390 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (June 6, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471779865
- ISBN-13: 978-0471779865
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,314,944 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Color Correction For Digital Photographers Only (For Only) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Avoid colour crisis with this marvellous manual…The Q&A sections are also very handy, giving succinct answers to common queries." (Photoshop Creative, September 2006)
From the Back Cover
Color is the soul of the image.
It deserves perfection.
Whether you're a professional or a serious amateur, you recognize the importance of color. This book is about perfecting color at every level, from setting up a shot to editing the image to printing. Illustrated with the spectacular photography of coauthor Don Mason, this volume doesn't rehash the Photoshop® basics you already know. Instead, it shares professional methods and color correction techniques designed to reveal the soul of your subjects and the art in your images.
- Understand color modes, bit depth, and dynamic range
- Create an optimum color environment with controlled lighting, monitor calibration, and color output profiles
- Make the best use of Camera Raw and Adobe® Bridge
- Correct tone and brightness and sharpen images
- Remedy the effects of improper exposure on color
- Explore the artistic options of black-and-white editing
- Achieve image, camera, and printer resolution for professional-quality prints
Increase dynamic range by merging images.
Learn methods for getting perfect skin tones.
Add color tints to improve tonal ranges.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
If you are looking for a book to tell you click here and there, this is not the book for you. If you are looking to understand the concepts of editing
(software, colors, tools, digital composition), and apply this to your image editing software (I use the Gimp)this is the book.
This book would be invaluable if I intended to invest in that program. Since I do not, it was a big waste of money.
I don't feel the description here completely covered the fact that the book is practically useless if you don't own Photoshop. If you do, fine, you'll love it. If, like me, you don't, then continue browsing and pass it by.