Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 26, 2016
This play/poetry collection—or “choreopoem,” the term used for this type of drama—will hit you right in the gut. A group of five African-American women express their struggles, heartaches, and moments of joy. This book is intense and memorable, and something I can see myself picking up for a reread.
on July 22, 2017
Love this book. Excellent book about african-american women experiences in life.
on August 11, 2017
The poems are life changing and exhilarating. This is not book that you can just fly through. These poems need to be chewed and digested properly.
on May 18, 2017
Thanks.
on September 23, 2017
I like the updated edition with a current issue added in. Usually I would have said don't try to fix what was never broken, but it works and flows and adds a contemporary feel to the choreopoem.
on September 4, 2012
My absolute fave is Their Eyes Were Watching God, but this book here has been the one I re-read and turn to for fortification every time I find myself needing to reinforce my resolve, determination and strength in life. This is such a moving, stirring, motivating, thought-provoking and well-written piece of art. My mom gave me her copy years ago and I in turn gifted it to one of my good friends who was going through a very difficult time which is why I was in need of another copy. I ordered this used copy from the seller because of the great reviews and am happy I did. My book looks almost new and arrived on time.
on July 7, 2016
Where do I begin?! This is an amazing screenplay/book. Read in one sitting but I reference it all the time. Everyone should submerge themselves in this work of art.
on August 10, 2017
I absolutely love this play! I've seen it performed in different settings and am exhilarated to now own the book!
on December 3, 2014
I was privileged to see the original cast perform this play when Ntozake Shange came to Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I had already read the play (in one day I might add) before I enrolled at Southern University so it was wonderful to see it performed. When Tyler Perry made it a movie I couldn't find my book and I had to get another one for my library. I need to get a Kindle version.
on April 2, 2016