Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: All the Colors of the Rainbow (Rookie Read-About Science (Paperback))
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 10, 2001
After reading this book my kid who is just five can explain all about rainbow.Which color is on the top of rainbow and which one is at the bottom .What makes rainbow?,how many colors is in it?,What is the shape of rainbow?Where and when can we see itwhy can't we touch it,How does a white sunlight makes a rainbow.They got their questions answered by this book.They got introduction about prism,color wheel.Now they know why orange lies in between red and yellow and green lies in between yellow and blue.Basically it is a perfect book for a kid who wants to know all about rainbow.
on June 6, 2013
My daughter received this as a gift for her 4th birthday. It's not much bigger than an adult's hand, but it's full of accurate scientific information laid out perfectly for someone her age and a bit older. My daughter loves to read it and talk about the rainbow - her new obsession. It's a paperback so if you have a rough handler of books, this may not be a good one to get. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for an age appropriate non fiction science book.
on April 14, 2016
I read this with my daughter (age 6) for our color/rainbow unit in our homeschool. She loved this book!
This is an excellent add on science book for young children. The book is small with big font for beginning readers. Short in length, however, very informative to children. The pictures are wonderful, mostly real life pictures. Gave my daughter a good science lesson on how rainbows are formed (bending light). I also love how this book talks very briefly about Sir Isaac Newton.
Overall, Read About Science reader All the Colors of the Rainbow is wonderful, if you are looking for a interesting book about rainbows that is not too hard, however, not dumbed down for a 5 to 8 year old.
on June 2, 2013
I thought the book was okay. I did projects and used a prism, food projects and science projects to teach about the rainbow. But the 4 year old already knows all the colors of the rainbow, so the interest just wasn't there.
on November 19, 2010
It was smaller and had fewer pages than I had hoped, but it was well written and had good information in it. I read through it when I received it (before giving it to my grandson) and I learned things about rainbows that I didn't know! I bought it with the "Be Amazing" kit on colors.
on May 3, 2012
The book is a bit small for sharing with a class, but it is perfect for teaching about light and how rainbows are formed. Great information and wonderful photographs. I will put it on the smart board to blow up the photos so the kids can see them.
on February 16, 2009
This little book is clear and explains the colors and the rainbow very well. Will buy more for gifts.
on July 10, 2011
This book was purchased for my four year old daughter's fourth birthday to go with the Over the Rainbow book and CD. She is a very precocious four year old and wanted a unicorns and rainbow birthday. She loves to learn all the science behind stories and this book fits the bill. It is a very small paperback (to be expected for the price), but is enough on her level to understand its concepts. Should last her many years in the future. The company mailed it in a timely fashion and the shipping cost more than the book, but its worth it for her enjoyment.
on December 6, 2012
My 3-year-old daughter is slightly obsessed with rainbows. This book explains how a rainbow forms and how to look for one in nature. She loves it so much, she sleeps with it every night.
on September 12, 2013
My daughter is all about rainbows right now and she loves the pictures, and when she gets old enough to read, this will probably be one of her first reading books.