|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$22.95 - $42.95 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- 100% Cotton
- Machine Wash
- Flat-front pant featuring side-seam pockets and welted pockets at back
- Zip fly with button closure
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
With initials that stand for Rugged Outdoor Chino, the Columbia ROC Pant is just that. Built from durable, 100% cotton Granite Cloth™, these handsome trousers are buttery soft but tough enough to handle any outdoor activity from raking leaves to off-trail hiking.
- Omni-Shade UPF 50 sun protection
Columbia offers a wide variety of outdoor performance footwear, outerwear, sportswear, and accessories. Columbia products are engineered using the best technologies and highest quality materials, providing you with innovative products that are functional yet stylish and a great value.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 7.9 x 2.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.55 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0002Y7KG6
- Item model number: 1009641
- Date first listed on Amazon: January 1, 2007
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was glad to find a seller who still had the original ROC pants, as nearly all stores now carry only the ROC II and the Ultimate ROC. Don't be misled, those are different models. Columbia really screwed up the cut of the leg with the ROC II, making it way too tight in the thigh, even for someone who is fairly trim (6'1" ~180lbs). They're okay to stand in, but the moment you sit down you'll feel the difference. The Ultimate ROC sort of goes the other way, feeling baggy. Plus, the Ultimate ROC moved the leg pocket to the left side (why?) and eliminated the zipper pocket (again, why?).
I wish they would use the better waist snap on the Roc pants.
If you are looking to make a fashion statement, THESE ARE NOT FOR YOU. They are baggy, meaning COMFORTABLE. In the "fossil" color they look OK climbing a cliff, or matched with a nice blazer, also OK for a 3-star restaurant in Switzerland. I've done both.
(1) "Lander" pant apparently no longer available. OK by me, buy I wish they would go with the Lander snap on the Roc pants.
Only foible has been a design change they made in the last year or so -- the earlier model had a single larger pocket on the back of the right thigh. Made for a good fit for my iPhone. Unfortunately the newer design has the pocket divided, with the result that an Iphone6 no longer fits. What I should do is what my wife did (she liked mine so much she got a pair of her own): take a seam ripper and remove the dividing stitching on the pocket.
Two changes I would make:
1. I would bring the sizing more in-line with what Levis, Docker and Lee Jeans use. Heck, bring them more inline with their own shorts even.
2. I would add a side pocket to the left-hand side, like the one on the right hand side, and I would make both of those just a little wider to accommodate larger phones.