Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Size: Large|Color: Ocean|Change
Price:$23.96 - $80.00

Showing 1-10 of 1,394 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,461 reviews
on October 1, 2015
I'm a big fan of Columbia "breather-back" shirts. In the hot Texas summers these things are no joke- they really do keep you cool. For no good reason, I only had one of these for many years and I only used it for fishing. This past summer I snapped out of that nonsense and started buying more and wearing them all over. Here's my take on the different shirts, hope this helps you. (for reference I am 5'8", 175#, 32" waist and usually wear either an athletic-cut large shirt or a medium if it's cut normally...yes, I live in size hell)

Bonehead: This shirt is 100% cotton and is very tough. Makes a great work shirt. It wrinkles easily and has the traditional PFG assortment of pockets on the front. It is the quintessential PFG shirt. It does not fly under the radar but it looks fine for what it is. I have several of these and if you can get them less than $15 that's a great deal. Given the pros of the other shirts, however, I must say this style is my least favorite (but still a great shirt, and my go-to work shirt). I always get a small in this style and it's still roomy at that. It's cut VERY large.

Bahama II: Much like the Bonehead in terms of pockets, but it's made of a synthetic fabric. Breathes better and wrinkles less but can still wrinkle. The "Super Bahama" version has a print rather than solid colors. Heavier material than the Tamiami. I wear a small in this shirt as well. Not super lightweight but tougher and can be used as a work shirt.

Tamiami II: This seems like a refinement of the Bonehead and Bahama. Very light cloth, kind of parachute-like. Different pockets. This, to me, is the coolest (temperature-wise) shirt of the bunch. The "Super Tamiami" is the printed version. I wear a small in this one as well and it's my favorite for very hot weather but I would be very hesitant to wear it for work applications. Not as tough as the Bonehead or Bahama. Pretty much wrinkle-free.

Baitcaster: Lightweight like the Tamiami but different cut and different pockets. It's kind of a cleaner version of the Tamiami, however, because of the cut I wear a medium in this rather than the small in most of the others. I tried a small and it would button but was tight in the shoulders.

Low-Drag Offshore: Another lightweight version with far more conventional pockets and a very clean look. Some colors have contrasting stitching which, in my opinion, looks sharp. The sizing on this is smaller than the Bonehead/Bahama/Tamiami but slightly larger than the Baitcaster. I ordered a small and it fits, barely. By far my favorite design. When I order another I may or may not order up a size to a medium.

So there you go. If I seem addicted to these shirts it's because I am. In a hot climate you may be able to find a cooler shirt but if one exists I don't know about it. Retail you can expect to pay anywhere from $30-$60 for these but if you keep an eye out on Amazon getting them as cheap as $11 isn't unheard of. Money well-spent if you spend a lot of time outside.
on June 28, 2015
Very nice light casual shirt. 100% cotton. Needs ironing for best appearance.Dedicated pocket space for pen. Over priced at msrp ! Purchased two at about 1/2 price shopping Amazon. Sunset red color does not wash out.........can be laundered with whites. Columbia shirts run large. Previous experience dictates to order one size down. I am 6 foot 205 lbs and a medium fits well.
on July 19, 2016
Ok here's a review that can shine some light on the sizing. It took a few tries to figure out the sizing me for me so maybe this will help some people. I usually were an XL shirt for mostly everything, heck I've been known to wear a few XXL shirts. But after reading the reviews I went with the consensus and bought one size smaller (LARGE). Ok, so the L size shirt arrives and I throw it on and it fits. But, not really... It was still quite big, just didn't feel right or fit right. I bit the bullet and bought a medium fjust to experiment and let me tell you I'm glad I did because it fits like it was made for me. Awesome, so not only do I have a comfy shirt for many occasions but it tells me I'm a medium size to help contradict what i see in the mirror :) Win win for big guys everywhere!
on October 20, 2015
I love these shirts Columbia Men's Bonehead Short Sleeve Shirt,SAGE,Large for comfort and all the pockets; they're great for traveling. I especially love the venting below the shoulders, and at the sides of the back arms, as well as the flaps across the back. Believe it or not, the flaps actually work in helping to provide ventilation, especially with any kind of breeze. I live in Florida, where it is almost always hot and humid so this is especially useful. The major drawback and reason for only 3 stars, however, is this: I just returned from Egypt, where I knew it would be incredibly hot. This shirt performed as expected; however, it wound up stained from perspiration salt all over, front and back. Didn't expect this to present any particular problem...that's what washers are for. However, after coming out of the wash--and it was only the second time the shirt had been worn and washed--the salt/sweat stains were gone, but there was a clear, discernable discoloration where the stains had been, leaving a bit of an unkempt, mottled pattern. Our washer is practically new, a front loader; and we always wash everything in cold water, which is what the laundry instructions for the shirt specify. I have other dark (green, Jerzee brand) T-shirts that get salt stained just as badly when I work outside in my yard. They always get clean and don't leave any discoloration stains or patterns. I called Columbia to see if this was a known problem with the darker colors of these shirts because I want to buy more but would avoid the darker colors if this is a known problem. They were courteous and helpful, but really had no idea and couldn't tell me. Apparently no one has ever reported this problem, which is part of the reason for this review. I have a light blue model that was worn and salt stained as well; however, it does not show any discoloration or stain pattern. Although Columbia couldn't tell me anything, it seems logical to me that darker colors will probably show this stain pattern after washing. It's hard for me to imagine that this was a one time anomaly limited to just this one shirt. My advice and recommendation would be that if you want to get these shirts, avoid the darker colors unless you think you won't get hot and sweaty or be prepared for this unsightly staining effect if you do buy darker colors. Posted by Don White
on August 15, 2016
Of course it's "somewhat large!" it's an active-wear shirt, and thank goodness SOMEONE got the idea right!
I currently own fifteen (15)!!!! of these shirts, long and short sleeve. I am a confessed pocket addict, and got into them while doing studio photography. A good-size lens will fit in the main pockets. I don't know anyone who goes fishing in $35-$50 shirts, but these would certainly be handy. Great for hiking, especially when paired with cargo shorts or pants.

LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!
on August 20, 2016
Columbia is a quality name brand and their Performance Fishing line (PFG) is even a step above their normally high quality. The PFG line typically offers breathable materials and often are quick dry as well. I own several different styles of their shirts, shorts, board shorts, even pants and they're all of the utmost quality. I can say with reasonable certainty that I've never had an issue with any Columbia PFG products.

These Bonehead shirts are made of cotton and are very comfortable, although they do wrinkle very easily. You'll need to get them out of the dryer and on a hanger pronto, or else you'll find yourself holding an iron (that is, if appearance while fishing is important to you). The shirt is soft enough that it is comfortable when casting... there's no stiff, starchy feel to it. It has a little bit of stretch to it as well, so if you're sweaty and sticky while fighting a pelagic, it'll have some give and not cut your circulation off. The buttons are quality sewed on and there's no fear of them unraveling or breaking off. These feature the breathable flaps on the back with mesh to keep the shirt off your back and air circulating. They're quite comfortable on hot days.

The one thing I just can't get my head around is how big these shirts run. I've purchased four of these and they're all big. I'm 6'1, 215 and a large is big on me. Put me in a large t-shirt and I'm looking like Chris Farley as Matt Foley, motivational speaker, but these shirts are huge. The first one I ever bought was an XL and it's still hanging in my closet three years later having never been worn. I can't bring myself to buy a Medium, but may just for sizing's sake and return it if it's too tight. The Large size is comfortable, just a little bit too big.

Overall these shirts are extremely well made, very comfortable and very affordable when compared to other brands of much less quality.
on May 21, 2013
I bought this shirt for travel days (especially for air travel), vacation days, and goof-off Saturdays. I particularly like the layout of the pockets on this shirt, as they allow for a range of uses--iPhone, iPod, boarding passes, pen/pencil, paper, etc. These pockets are very handy on air travel days, or when I'm out running errands. The velcro on several of the pockets keep valuable gadgets from tumbling out when I bend over! The fabric is very comfortable without looking droopy and pathetic like some cheaper "fishing shirts" do. The fabric breathes well, and the vented back helps keep the wearer cool. I will admit, however, that the fabric is not wrinkle-free. I never iron mine, but if you're concerned about looking neat, you'll want to touch it up with an iron before wearing. I like the shirt so much, I bought two others in other colors. I would have given it five stars if the fabric were a little more wrinkle resistant (like some tactical shirts I've purchased elsewhere.)
on June 17, 2016
I got this for my dad for Father's Day....he LOVES it. The material is nice, the color is just as pictured. The image of my dad is him wearing the shirt in XL (so you have a size idea) and he said it's very comfortable. Came looking nice out of the packaging, too!
review image
on July 20, 2016
It is somewhat large by size, but I like it like that and would rather it be this way than smaller in size as with many shirts. I have had Bonehead shirts for years and the quality is unmatched. After many washes with my Bonehead I've worn since 2012 the colors are somewhat dull but still perfectly stylish for wearing. The fabric is a little more thick and less breathable than my Columbia Bahama's shirt, but still good enough (generally, I wear the Bahama's on really hot days while I wear the Bonehead for all other occasions). My new ones are just as good and I look forward to many years of adventures with them. On a side note, when my first child was born in 2012, I was wearing a Columbia Bonehead as it was good for pictures and comfortable for all day and night wear while I stayed at the hospital.
on June 28, 2015
Columbia products are meant to be worn loose for comfort and agility, they were not meant to be fitted. I where this style shirt everyday for work in sunny South Florida and wouldn't want anything else! The looseness allows movement and air to pass while cotton wicks away perspiration. It's the perfect active, outdoor shirt. If your looking for something fitted and formal, try Tommy Bahama. You'll pay a bit more for a lot less material, but you'll look good lounging. Plus they're silk, not what you'd want being active in the heat though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.