Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Sportswear Bora Bora Booney II Sun Hats
Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo

on April 8, 2013
Currently in a very hot northern Thailand, and this hat has done everything expected. It folds, it breathes, it stays on, and I don't think it makes me look a dork.

6 stars if I could.
11 comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2012
This hat keeps the head cool as it shades the ears neck and face. Lightweight and adjustable, one soon forgets they are wearing a hat. I hate hats, however, I like this hat.
22 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 19, 2012
I must have tried at least 10 hats at the local sporting goods stores. This one was by far the most comfortable. It's super light weight and has an adjustable fit - something hard to find in many sun hats. My favorite part is that it folds completely flat for packing. I can pack it anywhere in my suitcase and never have to worry about it getting damaged.

I bought this hat for my travels. After being in Mexico on a boat without a hat my face and neck got burned. I had an outline of my sunglasses on my face - which wasn't that attractive. I'm usually not a hat person, but after this trip I decided to give it a try. I don't like anything on my head. It just doesn't feel right. But with this hat, I can forget I have it on it's so lightweight.

I recommend this hat for anyone searching. Give it a try. I think you'll love it.
0Comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2012
I am using this hat on a sailboat. Nice wide brim keeps the sun off all around. It is very light and cool (Fossil-colored). This hat is also floppy, so it doesn't get knocked off or feel "stiff" on your head. One size fits all seems true, since it uses a locking drawstring on back. Fits me (7 1/4) and also my 12-year-old daughter when adjusted. My wife said it doesn't look "goofy"--high praise indeed for a floppy sailor hat. I highly recommend it! Much cheaper than a Tilley, too!
on July 9, 2012
I physically looked at 10 hats, came home and ordered this one. Very light weight, excellent vents. Dark under the brim so there is less reflection(really works). It is easy to adjust the size with a draw cord. This is the best hat for hot sunny high mountains or the desert. Oh and bugs will not bite your head even through the vents.

Amazon did me a favor and sent this hat as a seperate order, no extra charge and very fast.
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2016
This is the second sun hat I have purchased. I bought his full price, not as a reviewer. It is a lightweight hat with a floppy brim. I read some of the review of this product before buying it, and a few commented on being unhappy with the brim due to it being without structure. So I am noting here it is a floppy brim hat--like a fishing hat.

It comes in a poly bag, which is no frills, but also keeps the cost down. So no problem there.

Pros:
Lightweight
Cool
Good ventilation for the head
Would be great for travel--backpacking, or anything where you wanted a hat and you would have to pack it. It does get a little crinkly, and if that bothers you, you could iron it on the lowest setting. They do not tell you to do that,so it would be at your own risk. But I did it and it worked fine with a cool iron.
The size is adjustable, which is nice, as you can never really get an exact fit for your head unless you go get an expensive hat--so this is a good solution.
Seems well made, good materials and well put together. Not a chintzy product.

Cons
None really--provided you know what you are buying. It is a lightweight sun hat with a floppy brim.

I am glad I got it and would do so again.
review image
on March 16, 2013
I typically wear a size 7 1/2 hat, and should have been leery of the "one size fits all" sizing. While I can get the hat on it seems just a bit too snug to be comfortable for any extended period of time. I am also surprised by just how light weight and floppy this hat is. The brim will not take to any kind of "shaping" and has a bit of a residual rippled effect left over from shipping. That said, if it was just a tad larger I probably would keep the hat and wear it as I really like some of the features and the level of sun protection that it provides. Instead, I chose to give it to my fair complexioned mother-in-law who immediately liked it. She is planning on keeping it and wearing it to this spring's baseball games. If she likes it well enough, who knows? She might even wear it to a Derby party or two.
on June 21, 2013
I bought this hat to use for hiking and sailing. It works well on the trail, but in moderate winds, the brim isn't stiff enough to stay put. This ends up folding it back onto the hat, negating any sun protection. The hat is comfortable, and very adjustable, just not terribly useful in moderate or high winds.
on June 30, 2016
I bought this hat to help protect my face while out on the water for a recent trip to French Polynesia. The hat is lightweight, collapses down to a small size for packing, is very breathable and provided the sun protection I was looking for. My head is slightly narrow but long and so I often have a difficult time get a hat to fit right. With the elastic draw string I got just the right fit. I was so pleased with my hat that I bought my father in-law one and he wears his anytime he is out in the yard.

Pros:
- Light weight
- Collapses to a small size for packing
- Good sun protection
- Adjustable fit with the use of the elastic draw string

Cons:
- I wish it were somehow more stylish. But as far as sun hats go, this one looks pretty good.
review image review image
on August 1, 2012
I bought this hat after I went to the lake for the first time in years, and forgot to put sunscreen on my earlobes. After I developed blisters on my ears (OW) I decided I needed more protection.

I can mow my lawn in the summer heat and my head stays fairly cool. It does wick away the sweat too so sweat stays out of your eyes.

The chin strap is a little annoying until you get used to it.

Note that if you have a big head like me it will be a snug fit even with the drawstring fully loosened. If you have a freakishly large head it may be too small for you.