BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Pick of the week Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

Columbia Men's Military-style Web Belt,Beige,One Size
Size: One Size|Color: Beige|Change

on April 8, 2015
Broken Buckle !!!

I am very disappointed.
review image
66 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2015
Buckle broke after four months of very light use, bar inside snapped in half. Columbia wants me to pay shipping for them to decide if they will fix it, would be better off buying a new one. Two thumbs down, I will buy a different brand.
review image
22 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2011
EDITED: Feb 2012, ~5 months after writing the review below. Just to say that - as I suspected - this material is strong enough that it hasn't stretched at all, despite my wearing the belt every day. Performance is FAR superior to any leather belt I've ever owned.

Sept 2011: Much better than leather belt with holes -- they stretch, and the holes, being separated by ~1 inch or more, prevent fine adjustment of a belt's tightness. Once you've cut it down to your size, this belt is easily adjusted to exactly the tightness you need.

The belt that ships is about 42" long. To adjust it, open the clasp that attaches the buckle to the fabric, put the belt round your waist, find the length that you need, and cut off the excess with sharp scissors. The material cuts cleanly & easily. Snap the buckle back on, and you're good to go. Although easy to cut, the material is very strong indeed, so I don't think it will stretch. And if it does, I suppose I can always cut a little more off the length. I bought two (different colors) and am pleased with the purchase.
22 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2017
Top line: Surprisingly durable belt that keeps its shape and performs below its rock bottom price

Good: This belt is made well for something that costs less than $10--well done, Columbia. I hate the typical teeth/clamp latch seen on most canvas belts, so the pin option on this one was a real surprise. The belt is very pliable (more below), so it keeps its shape really well--after months, it still isn't bulging/curving in the back area like a typical firm canvas or leather belt. Very easy to resize and rolls up nice for traveling / stowing.

Bad: Belt is pretty floppy--don't buy if you are planning to clip anything substantial to it (looking at you CHL holders). Belt clasp is not perfect. On occasion, it will let out a little bit of slack, although it's quick enough to readjust. I'm fearful that the pin system won't hold up for long term use, but it's been good so far, so...

Other: Pretty rough looking from an aesthetics point. Please do not try to wear this belt with decent slacks. Stick to jeans or work khakis.
on May 12, 2017
Do you know what I love most about this belt? Two things: It is adjustable and it holds up my pants. I am not sure which branch of the military came up with the design but they did a great job. I love the color, too. One observation: I would NOT recommend this for someone with a very large waste as this one works best when the strap end fits all the way through the buckle. Thankfully, that is not an issue for me (...yet!). This belt is also fairly easy to unbuckle when you are ready to undo it. That is a great perk that should not be underestimated if you know what I mean. In a nutshell, I highly recommend this product if you have a hankering for an effective apparatus for holding up your pants and seek a sleek and utilitarian look to match the rest of your outfit. Comes in multiple colors, too. NICE!
VINE VOICEon October 13, 2017
I noticed some quality issues mentioned in other reviews of this belt prior to purchase, but I figured, for this price, it’ll be worth a shot.

I am happy to say that I have experience none of the quality issues mentioned elsewhere, and have been totally satisfied with this belt.

It is attractive, but in a subtle way. It is also wide enough to spread the support across enough area to not feel like is slicing into my hips. But not so wide to make it look like a clown belt.

The buckle is sturdy, and holds pretty well. I would say, on average, better than most of the buckles like this that I’ve owned in the past…and I’ve had many.

I’m totally satisfied with my purchase; especially, for the price I paid.
on August 11, 2017
I have 3 other Columbia Men's military-style belts that I have had for at least 10-15 years. Even the best of things can eventually wear out so I was very happy to find this belt on Amazon. Without another thought I ordered the brown and the black. The only problem that I have is with the belt width which is 1 1/2" wide. The originals that I have are only 1 1/4" wide. Nowhere in the specs was the belt width specified and dumb me, I didn't even think for a second the width would be different. As it turns out, the new width is fine for jeans but in some of my cargo shorts the belt is a little hard to thread through the belt loops. They fit but just barely. I don't know that I would not have purchased them if the width had been specified but I might have checked them against my other belts' widths. Oh well.
on October 29, 2015
Bought the black version from J.C.Penny on "sale" for $15, liked the belt and then went on-line here ad found for $10., delivered - actually was scheduled to get my second day Prime delivery on Sunday and my order for two belts (a tan and khaki) arrived a day early, on Saturday. These belts are perfect width to avoid belt loop waistline "roll-over", and are as heavy-duty & well made as the military ones I remember from years ago....the buckle operates easily and quickly off and on without the "wear marks" on the webbing that typically develop on the woven leather belts I've been using for cargo shorts. The length can be easily adjusted by opening the clamp behind the buckle and trimming the length of the web belt material with a heavy kitchen shear, them re-clamping - I did all three of mine, removing an inch or so, in about 10 minutes, after a couple of "test" trims.....if you're looking for a casual belt with a military or outdoors look, you will not go wrong here, and will definitely not break the bank.
on October 3, 2017
Summary: Great belt until the pin in the buckle broke after 8 months of daily use.

APPEARANCE: Color was true to what appears on the Amazon picture. The buckle has a dull shine.
MATERIAL: The belt material is thick and sturdy. The buckle is metal.
FUNCTIONALITY: It can be tightened to however tight you need it and the buckle doesn't slip.
DURABILITY: I thought the belt was holding up well to daily use until the pin in the buckle broke 8 months after purchase.

I really liked this belt until it broke. I didn't have to worry about my size being in between belt loops since I could tighten it however much I wanted. You could also adjust it discreetly in public. The buckle didn't slip when hiking with a backpack or walking around with pockets full. After 8 months the buckle broke so I am going to try a different brand instead.
on August 23, 2016
Will fit someone who measures 41" around waist and so they wear maybe size 42 pants.
Is exactly 1-1/2" wide.
Is very thick compared to 100's brands this style that are cheaply made.
Buckle is thicker than the cheap imitations that have plagued the market for the last 20 years.
The teeth clamp that holds the back end of the belt is very strong spring, it will not come loose.
The belt will not slip if you tug it smartly when putting on the belt.
The belt will not stick in the buckle, i.e. will not be difficult to remove when you want to take it off.
I don't know of a better value belt for the money. This belt actually works and is secure.