Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Big Girls' Powder Lite Puffer Jacket, Light Grape/Neon Light, 10/12
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Special Size: Big Girls|Size: 10/12|Color: Light Grape/Neon Light|Change
Price:$23.58 - $499.99

on September 27, 2013
My daughter absolutely loves this jacket! That being said, I was under the assumption that this was a winter coat- it is not. The jacket is much lighter than expected and will not provide the warmth necessary for New England winters. Because of this, I wanted to return it for a heavier one but my daughter really wanted to keep it. It really is a beautiful, stylish jacket; perfect for late-fall/early-winter transition.
on November 30, 2014
Nice coat and it is well made. Seems to run a little on the small side. I would definitely order a size up from what you think you need. The reason I did not give it a 5 star was because the pockets have no zippers, not even a snap. Also, there is no inside pocket. This lack of a secure pocket, makes it very annoying when it's a kid's coat. They always have stuff they need to carry; e.g., money, cell phone, etc. This coat doesn't allow any measure of security for their "stuff." Also, don't get this coat for skiing or other super cold activities. I'm not sure it would provide enough protection from snow and wind. My daughter just needed it for around town, back and forth to school. For that purpose, it is fine. The pocket issue really bugs me, though. =)
on November 3, 2013
It is so hard to find quality children's outerwear. This coat certainly falls into that category. It's faux down filling will keep our little one warm. The coat does seem to run a bit small. We have a like-new 24 month Columbia jacket, size 24 month, and it is much larger than this 2T. We will be keeping this coat for little sister and ordering a larger size.
on April 4, 2016
I like this jacket for my daughter but am writing a review to warn others that may have issues with the following:

It's light and not by any means a heavy winter jacket.
It doesn't have pockets which bothers my daughter more than me - She's only 3 and honestly has no use for them other than to place her hands inside the pockets to look cool.
Unfortunately I believe the fit is small. My daughter is normally a 3T (she even has a 2T peacoat that still fits okay) and I purchased a 4T thinking it'll be for next year as well. However, I don't think this is the case as it fits her perfectly this year.

None of the above issues are actually issues to me but I can see where they would be upsetting to others in search of a proper winter coat and one that fits properly.
on November 4, 2014
So first, we'll talk fit. My daughter is in 6X clothing and this fits her the same as that size. The arms are a little long, but most 6X things tend to be long in the arms on her. She has a long torso, she we need the bigger size to accommodate that. The sleeves roll up nicely for her. So, it fits as I expected.

The coat is wonderful! I was really getting tired of only finding those big "puffer" jackets that make my kid look like the state-puff marshmallow man. My daughter tends to run hot, and we knew she would burn up in those big coats. And forget about trying to get her backpack on over those. This is the perfect coat! It's light-weight, but warm! the material is the same inside and out. Not having a fleece lining will help keep her from over heating. It's a bit cool to the touch when she first puts it on, but it warms up immediately. I also like that it's water resistant, so I don't have to worry about her getting wet as she walks into school.

I love the vibrant colors. Makes my little girl easy to spot! We've already gotten several compliments on how nice the jacket is and looks. It's constructed well, with good material and stitching. But I expect nothing less from Columbia. I couldn't be happier with this purchase!
on November 24, 2014
This jacket was selected for being light weight yet warm. Kids are expected to put their jackets in their backpacks once at school so this one will easily fold/wad up be stowed. Our daughter really likes it so far.
on March 10, 2016
It runs about 2 sizes small. I purchased this coat for my not yet two year old. She wears size 2t and some 3T shirts. She wore two different coats this winter both size 2T from Carters, which I consider the standard in kids clothes. I got her 4t intended for next winter but it fits same as her 2t Carters coats from this year. The warmth on it seems about the same as our other puffer coats that made it through Chicago winter, but it is nice and thin making it perfect and safe for a carseat. We got the grape color which is like a nice royal blue would work very well for a boy too.
on September 20, 2015
I am a petitie adult who normally wear xs petite or OP. I got a size large in the white jacket and it fits perfectly!!! It also gives a little more room for an inner fleece layer to wear under it if you choose to. Love it!!! It will be great to use for sking too. This jacket is lightweight but still feels warm.
on November 20, 2014
My daughter immediately fell in love with this purple jacket! This is the third Columbia jacket I've purchased for my daughter, who turns 2 in December and usually falls in the 85% for height. I was initially uncertain whether to buy the 2T or 3T since some of the other reviews commented that the jacket ran small in size. Fortunately, I found similar comments about the boy's version of this jacket, and decided to size up to a 3T. My girl is a little taller than toddlers her age and her weight well within the normal range, so the fit of the 3T is just right. I can imagine that the 2T would fit as well, but would probably be too snug add layers. The sleeves are a bit long, but that's easily fixed by rolling up the sleeves a bit. So, I would suggest sizing up if this is to be used as a primary winter coat. I'll probably be able to layer her Columbia fleece - size 2T - under this jacket if need be, which would make it snug, but not to the extent that I wouldn't be able to zip it up. Two of the things I like best about the jacket are the color (beautiful purple) and its light weight. Her other winter jacket was too bulky to fit comfortably in the car seat, and that is not a problem with this one. Another plus is the flap that covers the zipper, which helps the cold air from creeping in.
on November 18, 2015
I am so excited about this jacket for my four year old daughter. The fit is great. I read reviews that said it runs on the small side but she is on the small side so while the fit is perfect for her I will agree that this jacket runs slightly small. It feel warm but not too thick is constricting. I was pretty close to buying a similar Pategonia jacket, and then I found this one at half the price. Perfect for her age!