Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 120 reviews
on May 14, 2013
This jacket is very water-resistant. So far, in a few downpours it has not let any water through. It is not as breathable as I was hoping, but it is much more breathable than PVC and many other rain-coats. It has been tolerable to wear, with a bit of sweat through about 55°-60°F Above about 65°-70°F I found myself sweating in this unless it was raining, which seemed to facilitate a cooling feel to this jacket.

It is very windproof, once zipped up. In fact, with the mediocre breath-ability, I find myself opening the cuff closures and unzipping the jacket a bit, so I don't feel like I'm over-heating.

There is no insulation in this jacket (as I was aware before my purchase). I found it a bit strange to feel cooler wearing the jacket (alone) in colder weather than if I was not wearing it at all - it seems to have a cooling effect when not paired with an under-layer. Pairing this jacket with just one layer of hood-shirt or sweater made the combination effective in wet and windy conditions to about 40°-45°F - down another 5°-10° or so if there was not rain (or sleet) and/or wind.

It almost exceeds my desires for the perfect wind-breaker jacket - wind and water -proof, yet breathable. Alas, it the technology just doesn't seem quite there yet.

At one month of ownership, I noticed an inch-long tear along the seam of the inside of the outer breast pocket. It is possible that it could have been from a business card or a key that had been kept in the pocket for a short time... but these items have never created a hole in any of my other pieces of clothing. I feel disappointed in the durability of the pockets. I hope that the durability of the jacket overall remains intact for years to come as with my other Columbia gear. I contacted Columbia today, and when the season is over - I will hand-over my jacket to their warranty department for a look into whether the tear was defect or my fault. I just don't want to be without this jacket for the next 3-4 weeks while they examine / remedy the issue.

Yeah, it's not perfect... but it's now one of my "can't be without it" items. I would probably buy this same item again, if this one was lost / stolen.

Update March 2016: Waited too long to have this jacket fixed, and they "upgraded" to a newer version. I miss the inside and chest pockets and the adjustable hood strap already. Took me a few weeks to get it off to them, but they received it Feb 18... I called them a few times between Feb 26 & Mar 10, before they finally got the warranty process completed and shipped out a replacement jacket. I received my warranty replacement (I choose their "Watertight II - Big" model) on Mar 16. Not the fastest turnaround, but then I waited nearly three-years to send it in... and I can't really complain when I was without a three-season raincoat for a month in the middle of winter, especially when they do their best to honor their lifetime warranty.
This is a great product for the price. I have not had any problems with the jacket, it feels wells made. I do like that it folds up into itself for easy travel and carrying. However, I do feel as though when I fold it up, I'm always doing it wrong. This is a Columbia jacket, so the prices for Columbia jackets can run a wide gamut. I do like the adjustable wrists on the sleeves which helps keep water out of the sleeves and keeps my under clothing dry, such as long sleeve shirts. I'm a smoker, so I have my window out the window a lot, the adjustable straps are perfect for this.
on November 26, 2014
Bought this to use in Alaska. Tested it first on a recent trip to the west coast, California, Oregon and Washington where yes it rained nearly the whole time. No leaks at all. I stayed dry and warm, it blocked the wind very well. I wear glasses and I found out if you wear a baseball cap then pull up the hood the hood's lip tucked around the bill of the cap as if it were made to, maybe it was. It kept my glasses from getting wet. The adjustable hood, Velcro on the back, made it fit perfectly. My husband ordered a newer version of this jacket and it doesn't come with the adjustable hood. He was very jealous of how well my hood fit and now I have to figure out how to make his fit without interfering with its waterproof ability. We figured maybe a baseball cap underneath would help his also. I ordered a man's jacket, my reasons were that I wanted an over-sized jacket, not the fitted women's version. I did this so that I could slip my cameras inside to keep them dry and protected from wind and dust while they still hung around my neck. Wise choice, it worked perfectly and yet still long enough to go over my hips and cover my waist pack keeping it dry also. Because it was a man's jacket the sleeves were too long but I didn't worry, it had elastic at the wrist plus adjustable Velcro strips. Very, very pleased with this jacket and now know I need not worry about getting wet in Alaska.
on April 26, 2017
Second one of these. Nice pocket array. Great for motorcycling though, the main zipper has a tendency to blow out. Will block the wind and rain. Great as a shell.

Replacement is a closer fit and they removed the upper chest pocket- stupid move imho
on October 21, 2014
I just returned from a trip to rainy Ireland. I expected this jacket to be resistant to rain, but it performed way above my expectations. The first day I needed it was when a punishing sideways rain storm with ferocious winds pelted us for more than an hour. I wore jeans, a t-shirt, a flannel shirt, a rainhat, socks and shoes and this jacket. Every single thing was soaked completely through except my hair and my shirts and whatever was protected by this jacket. I used the rain hat under the hood as extra protection for my glasses, but my hair stayed completely dry. The jacket almost REPELS water. It was fabulous. The rain was cold and I would have caught pneumonia otherwise. I will be keeping this and wearing it for a looooooooong time. I highly recommend this product. Well worth the money and then some. The size is perfect because I wear my purse over my shoulder under the coat and it stayed dry.
on July 13, 2014
I bought this beautiful windbreaker for my husband, it is very light but the material is sturdy. Great quality alll around, zipper, stiching, pockets, hoodiy. Easy to pack, for sports, casual wear and any other activity you can think of.... He is very happy with it. It is exactly as it appears in the picture. As with all jackets make sure your don't put a million keys in them. Thanks I will continue buying this brand for the quality, service, packing etc. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
on January 25, 2013
I thought this jacket would have more padding to it. More insulation. It's thin, which can be a plus I guess. It definitely looks good. I tried on a few jackets that were more expensive and didn't look as good. I've worn it on a rainy day and a sunny day. I was comfortable the whole time. Not too hot or too cold.

This jacket is noisy. When you move your arms you can hear the jacket ruffle. But, like I said, it does keep you warm in cool weather and it doesn't overheat you.

Apparently the jacket can fold itself into a pocket, but there was no direction on how to do that.

The zippers, zipper pulls, pockets, everything is made with good quality. At the price it goes for, I was impressed.

I'm used to ordering everything larger and I knew I was going to have multiple layers on when wearing this jacket. Still, at 2X it was too big. I'm 6',4" 240lbs and I think maybe I should have ordered a 1X, but, to me, it's no big deal. I like having room and it has drawstrings to keep things right.

Overall, I would recommend this jacket.
on April 8, 2014
High quality fabrics were used to make this waterproof jacket. It is very comfortable too. It is just cut a bit slimmer than I had hoped . In the effort to eliminate bulk, not enough room was left to add a warm layer inside the jacket, limiting its use in cooler weather. It is comfortable jacket, that sheds water well. Quality of e ßnaps and zipper was poorer thàn I expected from this manufacturer. I hope they hold p well. At least there two way so fasten it so if one fails,you still have the other. They are both protected by a sorm flat. Pocket openings are well shelded from inclement weather oo.
on April 16, 2017
Awesome jacket use all the time.
on December 8, 2013
I chose this rating because the jacket fits me very well and is water resistant in rain. There is a minor problem with the front zipper. The jacket has a flap on the front to cover the zipper in rain, snow, etc. However the flap makes slightly more difficult to open/close the zipper.

With regards to the books I belong to a couple of book clubs and these are reading selections for December 2013 through June 2014. As such I have not read all of them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question