Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on December 29, 2012
I like this jacket fine. It is light and warm and soft. My complaint is that the sleeves are much tighter down the arm than I have had in a fleece before. This is not very comfortable if you're wearing a long sleeve shirt under it, though you do get used to it.

This jacket is perfect to wear with a short sleeve shirt or as a layer under a coat, but less so for a versatile everyday fleece like I had wanted.
on January 15, 2015
It's 60 degrees inside my house, and this fleece is zipped up all the way with a thick cotton t-shirt on underneath. I am pleasantly surprised at how nice and toasty it is to wear, at least as warm as the Steens Mountain fleece that I've worn and loved like Mr Rogers' cardigan for six years.

Functionally, the Fast Trek is almost identical to the old standby, except for its trim appearance and zip-up breast pocket. It's definitely a less frumpy garment that will look better as streetwear or casual clothing. Wind resistance is on par with a cotton sweatshirt. A heavier person, or someone who wants to wear a chamois shirt or sweater underneath will probably prefer the looser cut of the Steens Mountain fleece. I'd feel like the Michelin Man with anything more than a thin long-sleeve shirt on underneath this thing. Either one is ideal for air travel, or as a layering piece under a rain shell.
on March 4, 2013
This isn't the heaviest fleece jacket that I know of--that honor belongs to the North Face Denali--but the Columbia Fast Trek II is well designed, nice-looking and versatile. It is about as warm as the classic Columbia Steen's Mountain jacket, but with a thicker collar that stands up or lays down nicely and a Napoleon pocket that is handy for holding your cell phone or MP3 player. The fit is a bit snugger than the Steen's Mountain but still loose enough so that you can wear it comfortably over a sweater. Under a lightweight rain shell it is perfect for cold windy days. In my opinion one advantage that most Columbia jackets like this have over most North Face fleece is the elasticized cuff that keeps the sleeve at your wrist instead of slipping down over your knuckles. I would have to deduct 1/2 star, however, because it is not lined and the handwarmer pockets form little inner pockets, though other people might consider this a feature. (The new Steen's Mountain II is also unlined, which is a good reason to look for the original Steen's Mountain in your local outlet store instead.)
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I have seen other good fleece but when you buy this Columbia, you know what you are getting. It is good quality and lasts long. the breast pocket is a plus and the hand pockets are at a comfortable height and depth. the zippers on the pockets are very good for securing your items.
It does seem thinner than previous jackets in this line but not by much. It is unlined which make it lighter and pack-able.
I would buy again.
on December 3, 2013
I like Columbia products, they are high quality. I chose this jacket because it is medium thickness. It fits very well, length of sleeve is just right. The zipper is smooth and slides easily. I like the breast pocket as it is just right for my iPhone. My only complain is the collar, it is a bit short and thick because it is done by folding the material instead of using a thinner material on the back.

A few years ago I purchased a Columbia ski jacket and this fleece fits perfectly inside it, it has the loops needed to attach to the ski jacket.

Bottom line I highly recommend this jacket for the fall time, or as a liner for a jacket.
on October 8, 2015
I used this on my last hiking trip and I thought it was great! The thinner arms made putting on my pack a smoother operation, didn't once have the sleeve snag on the shoulder straps (not something you want to happen when lifting a 40 pound pack). I had it zipped up completely when the wind started blowing and felt it give some protection to my neck. I used it with a windproof shell and was very warm. The only thing that I did not like was the lack of pit zips, these would have given me better ventilation when I was doing uphill trails. I think I'll just add them myself since I love the jacket so much.
on February 19, 2014
I bought one of these coats from a local store and love it. I wear a size 42R coat and found that a small fit me fine. . . more of tailored look than the baggy skateboarder style. I ordered another from Amazon but had to return it because of the color. The "Red Rocks" photo on the site suggests a rust or burgundy color. The actual color is much more a "dusty rose" (my wife's description). Having lived near Sedona, Arizona, it really is closer to the color of sandstone red rocks. Check the Columbia.com website before ordering, it shows the correct color. Thanks, Amazon, for the effortless return process.

p.s. This is a really warm and comfy jacket. Great for wearing around the house or layering under a leather coat on cold days.
on November 16, 2015
185lbs, 5"11 order one size smaller than normal columbia runs big, goes for all jackets and shirts.
I normally order large, medium is perfect fit. Warm fleece cant wear it indoors for too long stsrt to sweat, not a bad thing. I love this jacket. I throw it on to go to my garage thats connected to house technically, but not.
on May 21, 2015
Ordered this fleece to replace my 10 year old Northface fleece. It's a bit thinner and lighter than my older fleece, but feels like it kept me just as warm. I wish it had armpit zippers, but for the price, it was not expected.The sleeves are a bit tight, but I don't like baggy shirts and coats. I am 5'10" and 175 pounds. I ordered the medium and it fit well. My one issue is the stitching. Along the bottom, the stitching completely came undone exposing the rip cord that tightens around your waist on our first hike with it. I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the stitching. Luckily I have an amazing wife who can sow anything, so this will be fixed before our next adventure.
on April 20, 2015
It is a good fleece. I find the bottom does not have as snug a fit as in the picture, had makes you look as though you have a few more pounds on than you actually do.
I also need to trim the insides of both of the sleeves as the loops on each cuff came through and would scratch my skin. Trimmed the excess off, and it is much better now. From a brand like Columbia, I would expect a bit better.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.