Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,023 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,109 reviews
on February 8, 2013
I like Columbia outer-wear, and bought this jacket to wear outside while it's raining or snowing (paired with a fleece/sweater underneath when temps are cooler). It's light weight, and makes for a nice wind breaker in warmer weather. If you're going to use an umbrella or quickly go in-out of the rain, the jacket will do. But I would not recommend it as an outer covering if you're going to be outside for a long time in even a slight drizzle. The product description says water "resistant" (not water-proof), and that is indeed the case. Just got finished shoveling my driveway while there was a light sleet-snow shower going on. Afterwards I found the jacket's interior material was wet (like a sweating type of wet), enough to moisten the fleece I wore underneath.

Technically, Columbia advertises their "Omni-Shield" products (which this jacket is) as only water resistant/repellant. In my opinion it's not repellant enough to be described as a true rain coat, as it is on Amazon. It's definitely not meant for direct use in bad weather (if you're thinking about pairing it with warmer wear underneath).

Columbia does have a line of jackets/coats branded as "Omni-Tech", which is advertised as water-proof (not resistant). That would have been a better choice for me.
55 comments| 365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2016
I bought this for a fishing trip up to the Kenai River in Alaska. It rained while I was there, dugh! Bottom line is that while standing in the Kenai River in the rain, wearing this jacket while wearing sock-footed waders, I stayed dry and comfortable. I also caught the best fish while it was raining. Since this jacket rolls up so small, it is now part of my packing for even the shortest trips. The attached hood is another big plus. Now get out there and explore something.
review image
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2017
I would call this jacket a "wind breaker." The jacket is not lined so it is very light weight and can be worn over a t-shirt if it is rainy and warm, or easily layered with a sweatshirt for more warmth. Very versatile. It is also not bulky so it can be put in a backpack. It has a hood that is rolled up and kept inside the collar when not in use. The sleeves have Velcro on them so they can be cinched closed (no rain or wind up the sleeve).

As for size, my son wears a men's medium shirt so I bought the jacket in a large so he can wear a hooded sweatshirt under it with plenty of room. A medium would have also worked but he is still growing.

This is the second one of these that I have purchased as the first one was stolen from my son's locker at school. Considering how great the jacket is, I am disappointed but not surprised. Highly recommended for high schoolers, hikers/campers, and people who live in rainy warmer climates.
on February 1, 2016
I purchased the Columbia mens rain jacket for my husband. It fits him very nicely and has come in very
handy while vacationing in Florida. It has been very rainy this year so he has been wearing it a lot. The
jacket looks great, is stylish and is made very well. It is lightweight and has worked out great while walking
around town and bike riding. It has a hood that is rolled up in the collar and is held in by velcro closures, the
hood also has locking pulls to hold it closed around your face.
It has very large pockets that have a mesh lining and smooth moving zipper closure. The cuffs of the sleeves have
elastic and velcro so you can tighten the cuff if need be. The bottom of the jacket has elastic drawstring hem
with a plastic spring loaded toggle so you can tighten the bottom and lock it in place. It also has another pocket
on the inside left breast area, it is lined and has two velcro closures. It is larger than the size of my hand while
being spread open. It is great to keep your phone or a mp3 player in. My husband is very pleased with the jacket
and happy that it has kept him dry.
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 14, 2013
Would have kept it but the pockets are just stupid. Mesh lined- keys inside would rip them to shreds, phone inside wouldn't stay dry. No interior zipping pocket either. It's just dumb to sacrifice storage for breathability when they could put a slit somewhere else. Otherwise it's a nice jacket and really nice color.
on July 14, 2017
I'm not convinced that this is a waterproof jacket. I wore it while camping and it poured outside for a week. It wasn't too hot nor cold. I wasn't doing anything strenuous. I turned the jacket inside out, wiped off the wet arms, and let it thoroughly dry. I tried it again the next day and it had that moist wetness like you were sweating but not when I put it on initially. Maybe I'm confused by what a waterproof jacket should be. Maybe this is like waterproof hikers that are only waterproof for twenty minutes.

Did I send it back? Nope. It's still Columbia and it looks cool. It's more of a jacket for fall when it's 50 and not raining.
on May 13, 2017
I originally bought this jacket for hiking since I started hiking locally about a couple months ago and I needed something in case it would rain. Unfortunately it never rained during my hikes, however today I had a Night Nation 5k run and it has been raining since last night non stop.
I wore it in heavy wind and while raining for about 2 hours and it protected me from the rain the whole time!
It was windy and about 45 degrees out. I wore another thin jacket underneath to keep me warm and this one to keep the water off of me and it worked perfectly! I had my wallet and my cell phone in the inside left packet and it stayed dry as well!
Initially i was going to buy this jacket in a local store because it was on clearance but it was still $10 more than the price on amazon, and with 2 day prime free shipping you can't beat it!
on June 23, 2017
I'm 6' 1" and 310lbs
Yes, big boy lol
The XXL or 2XL fits perfectly.
Most of my shirts are 3XL.

Hope this helps.

I've owned this rain jacket already for 2 years. Bought first one at local A sports store.
About the same price.
Anyhow, I work on salt water boat.
So the zippers starting to wear out and so is the rain proofing.
So? Amazon it is!!!

Love this jacket.
Light
And breathes.

If I was smart I'd buy another because by time this one wears out, Columbia will do something dumb and change the jacket.
Smh
on September 14, 2016
I couldn't be more happy with this addition to my setup.
review image
VINE VOICEon June 18, 2017
I bought this for my guy friend, that had a stroke... He was athletic, and used to wearing clothing to hike, mountain bike and ski, so this fits the look and function that it's for... As for me, it's a nice fit, easy for me to get on and off him...Perfect, for the days that aren't too cold, or colder days, with a layering...Wonderful for the slow aided walks to the car, or longer distances, sitting in a wheelchair... Hopefully, by next fall and winter, he'll be finding this a great jacket, to put on all by himself... I hope, I hope!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.