Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on March 5, 2014
This jacket looks good and is definitely packable, but breathable, it is not.

I purchased this without looking at the reviewers profiles, and I usually know better than to buy something that doesn't have at least 100 reviews for it on Amazon. But, I figured this would be worth a try since it had the look I wanted and it also had the omni-tech level of rain protection.

Upon receiving it, I was hugely disappointed. The jacket feels like you are wearing one of those brightly colored rubber rain jackets you had when you were a kid, except lighter. The interior lining has some sort of rubber/grippy texture which sticks to your skin and doesn't breathe at all. My arms were sweating within 10 minutes of wearing this jacket around the house. Worst of all, it has that cheap plastic/rubber feeling of wearing a disposable rain poncho, which you might as well be doing if you buy this jacket. This jacket has breatheable written on the side of it, but with the fabric clinging to your skin, it is obvious that there is no air circulation whatsoever. There are breatheable fabrics out there that do not sacrifice rain protection, and Columbia makes higher quality rain jackets than this one for the same price. If you don't care about sweating all over yourself, and enjoy the feeling of rubberized rain gear, give this jacket a go if it is the right price. However, I am probably turned off by the fact the reviews have obviously been purchased for this product, and I feel like I was suckered. This one is going back and I'm going to buy a 5.11 Tac Dry Rain shell that is currently on sale instead.

Overall:
-Looks good
-Packs down small
-Feels like you are wearing a trash bag.
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2014
Works well, the blue is definitely "vivid" packed into the pocket it is rounghly 5x5X2" in size but can easily be "compressed" in a backpack or something similar to be more space saving. The pouch is not designed to be like that though.

I used it in El Yunque Jungle in Puerto Rico, we got hit with a few soaker storms there and this performed well. No issues with the high humidity either which I was worried about. It does not "breath" like a Columbia PFG shirt or anything like that, but no one should expect that level of performance with breath-ability and expect to stay dry in the rain.

I got mine from amazon for $41.XX and it was 100% worth the price, I have seen it jump as high as $85.XX and would have probably been less thrilled at that price point.
on December 23, 2014
Great rain coat. I purchased this for Florida fishing and in case it rained on during my honeymoon in St. Lucia. Luckily we had 7 days of sunshine during the honeymoon and the jacket has worked great on rainy days back home in Florida. Keep in mind, this jacket does not have a felt inner liner, so in super muggy weather it can get a little sticky, but it's certainly kept me dry and it's functional. In all honesty, I haven't been uncomfortable with it on I love the functionality of the pockets. I use it fishing and keep it in my Jeep for those random Florida thunderstorms. Definitely happy with the purchase.
on April 21, 2017
Friends good night buy this jacket I take care of it a lot but it's bad it hurt inside the material is bad disassembled the bad plastic can not sell things like that
review image review image review image
on March 18, 2015
Fits great. I love it because it's so lightweight and waterproof unlike previous Columbia raincoats I bought in the past. The real test will come during the summer when it's 80 degrees and raining. I want to stay waterproof but not sweating.
on May 11, 2017
Don't expect to stay dry in this. Wore it to work one day and had to be in the rain for hour or so and I may as well had left the damn thing in the car.
on July 31, 2014
Bought this jacket for a fishing trip to the Alaskan bush after my current rain gear failed completely on an earlier trip to Canada. Fairly expensive for a packable jacket, but it kept me completely dry while spending 3 days fishing all day in rain and mist, often at 30 mph in a jet boat. Worth the money if you really want a quality product.
on August 3, 2014
Lightweight, packable, and incredibly true fit, for average-builds, this jacket met my expectations. The only and I repeat only downfall is the lack of breathability. You'll sweat with extended wear, but rarely have I found that I needed it for that amount of time.
on April 15, 2015
Jacket is just what I was looking for. Lightweight and packable. Not sure about how breathable as I haven't used it much yet but definitely repels water and packs up small.
on June 10, 2014
Can't ask for anything better. Good for rain and cool weather. Keeps you warm and dry when it rains, and is light, for days when temperatures are cool.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.