We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Suede Leather, Textile
- Rubber sole
- The versatile North Plains™ Vent from Columbia® lets you decide the pace of whatever trail you choose, so run or simply walk to your next adventure.
- Suede leather, open breathable mesh, and webbing upper.
- Traditional lace-up design for a preferred fit.
- Lightly cushioned footbed for added comfort.
- Lightweight Techlite™ midsole is cushioned for supportive comfort and provides high energy return. Non-marking Omni-Grip® rubber outsole, featuring an aggressive lug pattern, provides high traction on various terrain. Imported. Measurements: Weight: 15 oz Product measurements were taken using size 11, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
|Peakfreak Venture Waterproof||Redmond Mid Waterproof||Redmond||Northplains Mid WP||North Plains||Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof|
|Upper Material||Leather||Suede Leather/Mesh||Suede Leather/Mesh||Suede Leather/Textile||Suede Leather/Textile||PU Coated Leather|
|Weight||14.4 oz||14.0 oz||12.0 oz||13.8 oz||11.9 oz||15.9 oz|
Feet stay comfortable and dry in this breathable hiking shoe from Columbia.
Columbia offers a wide variety of outdoor performance footwear, outerwear, sportswear, and accessories. Columbia products are engineered using the best technologies and highest quality materials, providing you with innovative products that are functional yet stylish and a great value.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 4 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- ASIN: B00DK8RTEE
- Item model number: NORTH PLAINS-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 12, 2014
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Enter the North Plains Trail shoe. After doing a bit of research I landed on these as my prime candidate for replacing my old faithful pair. Unfortunately, I could not find any in stock at any local sporting goods store to try on to see how I liked them. I am very hesitant about buying shoes online (good return policies or not I don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping something back if it doesn't fit well). Despite that I didn't have any other options. I usually wear a size 10, but have on occasion gone up to a 10.5. Interestingly, the 10.5 here on Amazon were $15 less than the size 10's, so I went with the larger pair.
My initial take on the quality was quite good. The materials feel as rugged as my old pair and also feel a bit lighter. The laces are thick and rugged and look like they will last forever. The fit was about as expected. They are a tad big for me, due to my ordering a half size larger than I needed. That gives me lots of room for warm socks, though. The footbed is nicely cushioned and I have no problem wearing these shoes all day. My feet tend to sweat a lot and the ventilation is very good in these shoes- no wet socks at the end of the day.
As it is Winter here in the Northeast, I have put in a few miles of snow and ice hiking. Their warmth is good- I never got cold toes. The grip on snow is fine. Ice is slippery in them, but then it seems to be that way with all shoes :) I did not opt for the waterproof version and have not had these out in the wet, so I can't comment on how they perform with liquid water. I will try to remember to submit an update to this review after Spring.
Based on my excellent initial impressions, I am hopeful this pair will live up to my high expectations for Columbia footwear.
As soon as they slipped onto my feet, I knew I had made the right choice. They are super light weight and give me a surefooted-ness in all types of terrain. I highly recommend these shoes for outdoorsy people. They are fantastic!
Fits well. If you tighten up the laces, the shoe snugs your feet really well.
On the 5th of getting this I hiked up the half dome, Yosemite.
Wore this for around 12 hours at a stretch and hiked 16 miles up/down.
Didn't get any blister, no discomfort.
Just be VERY careful if you are stepping on a wet rock.
It slips like anything if it is over a wet rock.
I walked up a waterfall(where the rocks were pretty dry in the beginning) in the same trip.
While coming down to the base, it started to drizzle and the rocks were getting wet.
I was midway and I was kinda feeling helpless when i saw that I have to cross numerous wet rocks to reach my parking.
Slipped a couple of times. Later, I almost used all my 4 limbs to keep myself from falling bad.