Columbia Men's Techsun 2 Water Sandal,Black/Dark Shadow,15 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Rubber sole
Customers who bought this brand also shopped for
Columbia offers a wide variety of outdoor performance footwear, outerwear, sportswear, and accessories. Columbia products are engineered using the best technologies and highest quality materials, providing you with innovative products that are functional yet stylish and a great value.
- Package Dimensions: 14.4 x 9.5 x 5.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
- ASIN: B003XPH4BW
- Item model number: Techsun 2-BM4370
- Date first available at Amazon.com: January 21, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
My first impressions of the Techsun 2 sandal are that the sandal is very comfortable and supportive. I was looking for a sandal that fit well and stayed with me whether running or climbing in and out of boats. Maybe more importantly, I wanted a sandal with good traction on wet wood and plastic docks and aluminum ramps. The Techsun does a great job on slippery surfaces. The rubber sole looks like it was designed specifically for wet traction. Sizing is a bit big - I chose a half size smaller, and it fits perfectly. Can't say much about durability yet, although it appears well made.
I reviewed too early. When I returned to the Keys the next winter, these sandels virtually exploded on contact with the water. It was amazing. Nearly all the seams came free within 48 hours. It turns out that the straps are secured only by being tucked between between the sole and the foot cushion when they are glued together. THEY AREN'T STITCHED - ON A WATER SANDAL!
Sorry I gave you a bum steer on this one. In spite of fitting well and being comfotable, it just doesn't deserve to be called a water sandal under any circumstances.
As for the size, I have small feet, depending on the brand of the shoes I am usually 7, or 8, went for the 7 and my feet fit just fine, hoped the 7 would have been a "smaller 7" than what I got but they still fit fine and comfortably enough.
Downgraded them from 5 stars to 2 stars, they lasted me 1 year and a half and now the outer sole is popping out as other reviewers mention, I use them for a few days every other month, so that's not a lot.
I have tried getting it back together with that special glue for rubber/wood just to squeeze a few more months out from them but I am totally disappointed, why make such a nice quality sandal with a poor sole construction... I'll have to look for another brand.
I ordered these a size smaller than my boyfriend usually wears, and they fit like a glove. So the sizes DO run big, beware of that. Columbia is a good brand, and my boyfriend says these sandals feel really comfy and supportive. They look pretty good too.
I'd give this rating a 5 stars if I weren't a little miffed with the costumer service from the seller. I paid for priority shipping, which is 3-5 business days. Instead I received the shoes 12 days later. If I pay for a service, I wish to receive such services. If you're looking to have these shoes before a certain date, beware that the seller isn't too worried about sending them out on time, so keep that in mind.
EDIT: Originally the strap was not an issue. Over the course of the past year, it has become an issue so much so that we are replacing the velcro with new/fresh velcro. not a big fix, but still annoying to have to deal with it. Other than that the shoes have held up remarkably well. There is virtually no wear on the sole of the shoe, they're still comfortable (they haven't overbroken in and gotten saggy) and they're still grippy when wet.
I recommend for the water-going, foot-safety minded shopper.
Sizing runs big.
I will probably get a couple more years of use out of these, but must buy some new ones that I can wear in public as these are finally showing their heavy use (after 3 years!).
What can I say, they are just too comfortable and versatile. I would purchase this brand again in a heartbeat, and as a matter of fact I'm preparing to do just that.
1) Durable - It's taken some beating from me. I've taken it everywhere, from amusement parks to Vegas to just walking around the neighborhood.
2) Looks - I have the brown colored one. It looks good with pretty much any relaxed attire; jeans + t-shirt, khakis, cargos, shorts, etc.
3) Rubber - The material on the sole is rubber. Which means after a long day, you can just wash off the mixture of dirt/sweat that can tend to collect on the inside of the sandal.
1) Coverage - For the price, they could've used a LITTLE more material on the straps, just to give more coverage to the front of the sandal.
All-in-all, a good buy. It's not the perfect sandal, but it is by far the best one I have owned.