|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$25.00 - $70.00 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- 100% Cotton
- Snap closure
- Machine Wash
- Omni-Shade UPF 50 Sun Protection
- Full leg fit
- Zip-closed security pocket.
- Actual color may be slightly darker than pictured.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Ultimate ROC Pant
A rugged outdoor pant in a soft, sandwashed fabric, the Ultimate Roc is outfitted with UPF 50 sun protection and an advanced water repellency treatment that shields you from rain and stains alike.
- Omni-Shield advanced repellency treatment wards off rain and stains
- Omni-Shade UPF 50 protects you during long hours in the sun
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 9 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003S9VUH2
- Item model number: 1328871
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 1, 2007
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
- The button snap wears out quickly and will not stay fastened. Very frustrating problem. I asked Columbia to send out new buttons and they refused.
- The fabric quality has gone to junk, the crotch blew out in 2 of the last 3 pairs within 2 weeks. You better know how to sew if you buy these pants.
- In high humidity environments, like SE Asia, the pants stretch out and become too long. as much as 3 inches longer than normal. A wash and dry and they are back to normal, but the problem repeats itself in any kind of hot environment with moisture.
- Columbia warranty service is terrible, instead of just making it right, they want you send them in and cross your fingers that they will do the right thing. As a result, I just threw mine in the trash can.
Sadly these pants are way too expensive to put up with such poor quality.
*** Update 12/8/2015
Gave in and bought another 3 pairs. The pants seem to have been updated, but not for the better. The 2 main problems remain. The crotch still blows out the snap wears out quickly. See included photos.
The Ultimates feature big stupid-looking patch pockets on the rear with contrast red stitching on the upper corners. The same red thread is used on the corner of the right side patch pocket. The Ultimate material is much lighter in weight/thickness than the original. The discreet inner zipper pocket which was great for cell phones now starts about 4" below the bottom of the left front pocket, so you have to reach halfway down your thigh to get to it.
These are not at all suitable for the conditions I needed them for. I feel like I wasted my money. These are more like very light weight jeans as far as where I could wear them. Extremely casual. Too casual for any Casual Friday I know of.
This line in the Amazon description "the ultimate roc pant has retained all of the classic style and function of the original version" is simply NOT TRUE.
Also, they make his behind look great! :-)
I actually bought 4 more pairs in different colors, the color selection is pretty good.
Theyre lighter weight than I expected, but that is a good thing to me. Look good out of the dryer without an iron. The pockets are...curious. I hope I'll get used to them. The zip pocket on the right leg might be good for some cash or something? Anything of any size (pocket knife, wallet) bulges thru the fabric.
The button is a little odd too. When I push it together, it seems like there are two clicks rather than one. After the first "click", the button can still easily come open. The second "click" seems to mean theyre fully secured.
After two wearings (and two washings) the back pocket is tearing away from the pants themselves leaving an obvious hole. Nothing ultimate about these pants...order with extreme caution if you expect them to last more than a few weeks. Requesting a replacement pair to see if this is a fluke...the other pairs I've ordered have not had the same issue. Hopefully they were just a lemon.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good work trousers, but too bad the material isn't as heavy and durable as in the past, for either the Roc shorts or pants. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Jim Ryan
Its a little bit long for me but my wife can hem it an inch or so and it should be fine. Everything else is great.Published 7 days ago by Ozgard
Off the top, I like these pants. They fit well, and feel good. They do what pants are supposed to do. But, I ordered a pair of fossil colored pants and they are beige. Read morePublished 9 days ago by C. Works
First, I love Columbia products. The pants and shirts usually fit well and are perfect for the climate that I work and live in. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Sinclair
After second wash a seam in crotch came undone and material in the area unraveled. Have worn these pants for years and this has never happened before, sent back for a refund.Published 19 days ago by spud
Really comfortable pants that are usable in almost any setting. They look nice enough that I wear them to wear to work as a Pediatrician when I'm on the casual side. Read morePublished 24 days ago by PMG757
My husband loves theses pants. They are comfortable and fit great. Also very easy to wash, dry and touch up with an iron. They travel well and are stain and water resistant. Read morePublished 24 days ago by Nina