Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 12, 2014
This is a very lightweight rain jacket, basically. I like that it is very waterproof and the hood comes far enough forward to shield your face, and has an inner hood type thing you can tighten so even in wind it wont blow the hood off.

There's a soft layer of mesh for the lining, which feels nice, but don't expect it to keep you warm by itself--very good for a spring jacket, but in winter definitely need to layer.

About the fit: it's hard for me to fit jackets sometimes. I'm 6'1" but 175 pounds and don't like my clothing to fit too baggy, so I went with the medium. It's length is fine--like in the picture. The bottom has an adjustable elastic thing too so you can bring it in if need be. I like the gray color. I would buy again.
55 comments| 323 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 13, 2014
Took me awhile to figure this out, so to help the next person....

In one of the pockets you'll notice a "packable" tag. Pull that pocket so it's inside out. Now stuff the jacket into it. The pocket zipper is double-sided so you can zip it up once you're done. It's not a tiny package, but not too bad.
1414 comments| 474 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 16, 2014
I got rained on this past weekend. I'm talking forest gump rain. I was the only dude who was dry. And so was my cell phone so I could look at the radar and see that the flood Noah talked about was truly here.
22 comments| 457 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 2, 2015
I've only worn this jacket a few times, but had a few points of feedback that should help:

Color: The "dark backcountry" is badly misrepresented in the photos. It is not a dark olive green, but more of a bright, medium John Deere green. I actually like it, but be advised that it is quite different from the photo. My photo is shot in diffused natural light.

Sizing: I'm 6'0 160lb with a lean, runner's build. The arms on the medium were cut way too wide, so I went for the small. It fits me nearly perfectly, but those with 34" waist or larger should order a medium. I usually wear a medium, so you may want to go down a size if you like a close fit–length on the arms and waist are generous.
review image
22 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 22, 2017
I am 6'0" and 165 lb with 33 size waist and bought two Red colors in M and one Super Blue in L size to compare and chooe one. There is a bigger than expected size difference between the M and L sizes. I usually opt for the large in many jackets and tops I buy because I have very broad shoulders but lean body, but in this case the Large was bulky. It is very wide cut especially around the waist. It depends on how you want it to fit; Just as a rain jacket, the large is fine with room for a sweater or sweatshirt when it's cold I would choose the large for hiking. The Medium fit just right, looks good even for a casual wear with not much room for a bulky sweater but can wear a sweatshirt or long sleeve T-shirt under it for warmth. Mind you, all pictures were taken while wearing a t-shirt only. Also there is definitely a slight but noticeable cut difference BETWEEN THE TWO MEDIUM sizes I purchased caused probably by period of production and slight design changes that accompanied it. For starters the Rocket Red fit me more nicely with a slightly more room around the shoulders and wider overall cut and the mesh was softer and more fine. overall more comfortable to wear. The Mountain Red was a little snug around the shoulders and sides and the mesh is definitely coarser on my arms which is fine, but since I have broad shoulders I chose the Rocket Red. The Mountain Red had a solid polyester fabric right below the collar where the Columbia tag is for durability, but the Rocket Red was soft mesh all the way to the edge of the collar. Also the mesh interior is more fine and softer on the Rocket Red than the Mountain Red. Also the Blue one has fine soft mesh also and missing the collar solid polyester fabric. I would bet the Rocket Red is a discontinued product since it's not offered on Columbia.com as well as many of the colors offered here on Amazon. So I can assume the colors here that are not offered on Columbia's website are probably discontinued and will have a softer mesh and fit a little bit more loose or classic fit. I guess Columbia upgraded it to make it more durable around the neck area and fit more modern a little bit. I would also like to add about one other review that said quality defect in one pocket being sewn all the way to the hem but not the other pocket(Left pocket), IT IS NOT A QUALITY ISSUE, that pocket is where you pack the jacket. it has a two sided zipper, so you can turn the pocket inside out and pack the whole jacket inside, so it's intentionally sewn that way. All the three jackets I got where sewn like that. It will have a patch near the zipper pocket that says PACKABLE. Overall really nice quality jacket as to be expected from Columbia, and a steal on these prices, in stores it usually is twice.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 6, 2017
I bought this to keep in my camera bag but I ended up wearing it quite a bit this fall/winter! Being a $50 jacket some parts of it definitely feel cheaper than other rain jackets I have, but I haven't noticed anything ripping or unraveling yet. It repels water very well even after 3 washes. If it had an inside pocket it would be absolutely perfect!
on November 19, 2016
This is a good jacket. It does what a good rain jacket is supposed to do... it keeps you dry. This is a lightweight jacket. You can pack the entire jacket into it's own pocket. The reason why I didn't give it four stars is because it's hood is little clumsy it covers your eyes and it doesn't pack as small as other jackets. When you compare this jacket to the top rated Marmot Men's Precip Jacket it is not as good. The Marmot packs smaller into it's own left pocket and you can zip the pocket up because the zipper is operable on both sides. This is not the case for this Columbia jacket. The Marmot is lighter, feels better, has a better hood and is an overall better jacket.

I suppose if I hadn't tried the Marmot I would have given this 5 stars. I probably would have also given it 5 stars if the far better Marmot wasn't only $10 more.
on October 22, 2015
Affordable, lightweight, comfortable. Fit was good. Keeps the rain off and travels well. There seems to be some confusion for this Amazon listing - the jacket design might have been updated or changed but the old reviews are still here. For the product that I purchased in August 2015, the title and description for this listing did *not* advertise that it was "packable" (zips into a pouch). That was not a feature that I needed or expected to receive. Some of the reviews here seem confused about why they can't pack it. The jacket is a lightweight material and does compress easily, so you can roll it up quite easily and fit it into a small amount of space. It just isn't designed with Columbia's "packable" feature to zip it up inside of one of its own pockets.
on December 6, 2017
Really nice jacket. I live in FL and like the how light and thin this jacket is for warm weather environments. There are also extra vents to help keep you cooler. It also works great as a wind breaker on those slightly chilly days. My wife has a North Face rain jacket and commented on how she liked the look of the Columbia jacket.
on January 24, 2017
I was looking for a light rain coat option. Unfortunately, the arms are a bit long, but it does have adjustable straps. Next time I will look for a plus size women sizes to accommodate broader shoulder in a lady size. The product is water proof and a great option for hikes, light layer wear, and durable for many years to come.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.