Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 13, 2017
This is a wonderful collection of films at a low price. Columbia Pictures went all out on the set. There is a 'fabric" album with pages devoted the films and a pocket for each. There is one film on each DVD. It is worth every penny of the purchase price.
on March 5, 2014
I purchased this on sale and found it an excellent bargain.
I have not viewed all of the films so I can't comment on picture quality, etc.
or review all of the individual films. The collection though is unassailable. The titles
included were all on my personal watch list so I was very happy to get them
all at once. They are certainly standouts in American Film. The packaging
was better than most. Among the films I have seen (It Happened One Night,
Kramer vs Kramer and On the Waterfront), each was exceptional. This is
recommendable to anyone interested in movies.
on April 27, 2014
I am beginning my movie collection. I love the older "classic" movies. They have less horrific violence and usually a good story. This collection gives you a good range of types-Drama, comedy, action.
By having these all in one collection, it not only saved money, but it saved cabinet space!
on December 10, 2014
excellent!
on April 23, 2014
Excellent, particularly the early Capra films in black and white, a Man for All Seasons is also a fantastic film.
3 helpful votes
on December 11, 2014
I will not be reviewing the content of the movies in this collection, as Amazon reviews are for reviewing the quality of products. If I were to review the movies themselves, I would be giving this product five stars since this is a solid collection with some truly fantastic masterpieces, which is great for any movie collector who doesn't own any of these yet.

This is a very fine collection that combines all of Columbia's best picture Oscar winners into a single set and it's bound in a very cool book-like casing that's visually appealing, though time will tell of its durability.
I do have one complaint however: the size. I would assume that anybody purchasing a collection like this is most probably a movie collector, so they probably have a whole bunch of movies to begin with, meaning, they would most likely prefer their movies to fit uniformly on their shelf. While the casing is very cool, it could've easily been made much smaller so as to be more in sync with all of the other dvds on my shelf, but the way it is just awkwardly sticks out and it was difficult to place with all of my other movies.

Otherwise, I'd highly recommend this product. It's very nice, it comes with some truly great movies, and the casing looks awesome even if it's a bit big and awkward.
0Comment|Report abuse
Awesome value for the $$$$.
on January 2, 2015
The film collection is perfect, and ordering it and having it delivered could not have been easier!
on September 11, 2014
For anyone that is a true movie buff, this classic collection is a must. Great packaging and presentation of each DVD.
on February 4, 2009
I enjoyed this collection a great deal. It's nice to have a wide range of films, including my favorites Lawrence of Arabia and Ghandi. I think this is a good collection for those who like classic movies. My one complaint is that on the Lawrence of Arabia disc the movie cuts off suddenly when Lawrence and his attendants are crossing the Sinai and then when you put the next disc in about ten minutes later the Intermission starts. I don't see why the first disc couldn't go up to the Intermission? Still the product deserves five stars.
52 helpful votes