|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.8 x 1.6 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||5500|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Included Components||see descritption|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Columbia River Knife and Tool 5500 K.I.S.S. in the Dark 2.25-Inch Razor-Sharp Blade Knife, Gray
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The K.I.S.S. knife has a unique two-piece construction features an integral frame lock, and a breakthrough design which seals the cutting edge against the handle
- A thumb stud is used to one-hand open the blade, and as the blade is fully rotated open, the frame lock snaps crisply in behind the blade to give a sound lockup
- The Original K.I.S.S. blade shape is Tanto-inspired—Chisel-Point grind on the front and flat on the backside—so that when the blade is closed onto its handle/frame
- Blade and frame are 3CR13 stainless steel in a fine bead-blast finish.
- The design of the K.I.S.S. series pocket/money clip permits them to be used in a variety of ways: clipped to the pocket; as a money clip knife; and with split-ring or lanyard, as a key chain knife
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CRKT k.I.S.S. Fine edge tanto blade folding knife; made of highest quality material; manufacturer: leapers; SKU: 9001311
The Original K.I.S.S., with its Tanto-inspired blade and bead-blast finish, is the revolutionary high-tech statement by Knifemakers' Guild member and K.I.S.S. designer Ed Halligan. One honey of a knife, the K.I.S.S. ("Keep It Super Simple.") is precision fine blanked for superior fit and smooth operation. It can used in a variety of ways: clipped to the pocket, as a money clip knife, and with split-ring or lanyard as a key chain knife.
Like all folding knives in the K.I.S.S. family, Ed Halligan's unique two-piece construction features an integral frame lock, and a breakthrough design which seals the cutting edge against the handle. A thumb stud is used to open the blade with one hand. And as the blade is fully rotated open, the frame lock snaps crisply in behind the blade to give a sound lockup. The blade can be closed with one hand, simply by releasing the frame lock.
The Original K.I.S.S. blade shape is Tanto-inspired — chisel-Point grind on the front and flat on the backside — so that when the blade is closed onto its handle/frame, the precision fit effectively "seals" the cutting edge to the frame, even though it's exposed. This version comes with a razor-sharp edge, and both the blade and frame are 420J2 stainless steel in a fine bead-blast finish.
Ed Halligan "Big Daddy K.I.S.S." was the second noted knifemaker to work with CRKT. After 37 years as an aircraft technician with Delta Airlines, he founded Halligan Knives in Sharpsburg, Georgia, in 1985. He is the inventor of the K.I.S.S. (Keep It Super Simple) single-sided knife series, which has been widely copied, and has been translating his custom versions of it into CRKT production knives, which have proven to be exceptionally popular with knife enthusiasts and the general public.
|Blade Material & Finish||420J2 stainless steel, bead blasted|
|Blade Style & Edge||Tanto style with chisel-point grind and razor-sharp edge|
|Handle Material||420J2 stainless steel|
|Lock Mechanism||Integral frame lock|
|Dimensions||Open length — 5.75 inches |
Closed length — 3.5 inches
Blade length — 2.25 inches
About Columbia River Knife & Tool
Founded by Rod Bremer in 1994 and based in Oregon, Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT) offers a broad line of sport, work, and professional knives and tools that are purpose driven designs. All CRKT knives and tools are built incorporating the most advanced equipment and production systems available. And the most innovative custom knife makers and designers in the industry have created CRKT knife, tool and accessory products.
5500 K.I.S.S. in the Dark 2.25-Inch Razor-Sharp Blade Knife
At a Glance
- Tanto inspired chisel point grind blade
- Unique flat backside to the blade so when closed it precisely fits onto the frame
- Can also be used as a money clip
- Designed by Ed Halligan
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
Top customer reviews
Unfortunately, for my needs, the drawbacks outweighed the clever design and compact size. I ended up replacing it with CRKT's M16-01 knife after about a month, which is a bit longer knife, but perfect for my everyday work needs.
The reason why I give it only four stars is that I find that the edge isn't as durable as some other knives I've had, and it will eventually loosen up and rattle a tad. It's not perfect, but darn good, hence the 4-star rating.
Most recent customer reviews
I previously owned an Orginal CRKT KISS knife that I lost. I purchased this in an attempt replace it.Read more