Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 155 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 170 reviews
on November 30, 2011
I am a courier for Fedex. I live in Michigan so I need a good boot to keep my feet warm in the winter.
I will be honest, I swore to never buy another pair of Columbia boots for work..ever. In the last 6 years I have had 3 pairs of Columbia boots blow out on me within the first 3 months of wear, the last pair went about two weeks after I got them. Many of the drivers complained of this and after contacting Columbia with them showing little concern I said never again.
The Northface boots I got 2.5 years ago are holding up well but losing their traction. So after finding they no longer make the boots I loved..I started searching around and came up with Columbia again.
It looks as though they have changed some details on these boots, they are lighter, different insulation and what looks like a sturdier outershell.
Because of the price and discount I got I (against my better judgment)ordered a pair.
We had our first big snow today ( I got the boots yesterday ) and I got to try them out.
I wore them for 10 hours today. They were very comfortable, light, a little stiff ( but hey, they are brand new ) and very warm. I was in and out of my truck all day. Walked through 8 inches of snow mutiple times, walked through slush.... they were great. Didn't leak at all and my feet stayed warm.
So, I am giving them a good review, for now. I will come back later (after a couple months ) and comment as to whether they are holding up or if they have busted a seam like the previous boots.
1010 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2011
Fast shipping. The boots are sturdy and awesome, definitely waterproof and feminine yet rugged in its own way. Love the boots...I am in North Pole, Alaska. Its -30 degrees Fahrenheit, snow everywhere, and these boots are doing the job. Thank you :)
on April 11, 2016
Oh my gosh these shoes are perfect! I took these shoes on my trip to New York during winter time when there was snow on the ground and it was freezing cold. The shoes worked like a dream. They kept my feet nice and warm. The best part is the good arch support. The inside of the shoes are padded which not only keeps your feet warm, but also keeps you comfortable. I walked all day, everyday, for one week in New York. My feet were so comfortable I did not get a single blister. I was amazed! I wish I could find this kind of support and padding on normal everyday shoes. The grip on the bottom is perfect for the slippery areas. It helped me not to fall which is good. Another plus is my feet were dry even after going through puddles and through snow. The design of the shoe is young, modern, and stylish.The color combination of pink and black is just perfect. The only drawback is the heaviness of the shoe. But, after a while, you get use to the weight and are thankful to have shoes like this.
on December 12, 2012
I ordered the black boots with the gray sole and gray inner lining (NOTE: NOT the black one's with the hot pink sole & inner lining). Amazon has this color listed as cinder/fawn. When I got my boots they're were a deep plum/burgundy color with a beige sole. Long story short, I called the phone# on the invoice which is to Backcountry (the distributor) and told them what happened and that the boots I wanted were supposed to be black/gray...I was told that cinder fawn is indeed the deep plum/burgundy and the representative had me log onto their website and look up the boots and sure enough, there it is: cinder/fawn in all it's purplish glory. They DID NOT HAVE THE GRAY/BLACK combination colors at all. The rep checked other warehouses just case they might have the boots in the color I wanted but no, there was none. Here's what the rep told me: Columbia is the manufacturer, Backcountry is the distributor, and Amazon is the seller. Columbia doesn't even make these boots in blk/gray, THEY DON'T EXIST IN THAT COLOR COMBINATION. That's why Backcountry can't find them in any of their warehouses. So they don't know why Amazon would sell these in a color that doesn't exist unless maybe what happened is when amazon listed these boots in cinder/fawn something happened on their end that changed the color. Just a warning if you want to get them in blk and gray but get purple/burgundy boots instead. I also went onto the columbia website and sure enough, they don't have these babies in blk grey and cinder/fawn is indeed the puprlish color.

That being said, I looked everywhere for similar style boots but couldn't find any. Columbia makes another similar boot but the ankle length is too high up. Even though I wasn't thrilled about the color, I kept the burgundy/purple boots I got. They're not that bad, just not what I wanted which is why I'm giving the three star rating.
on March 3, 2013
I bought these boots in color "Cinder/Fawn", in the picture they look almost black, yet the color I received is really strong purple. I looked for images of this model in this color in other pages and there it always appeared in the right color, purple I mean. So it's Amazon the one that has these pictures of the boots with the wrong color. Also, when selecting the size, the chart shows that the number "6" corresponds to a "36-37", which was fine for me since I size "36.5", but even when the label of the boots says "6", it actually correspons to "37-38", which is by far too large for my feet. I've had snow boots before and I know they're kinda hardy compared to ordinary boots, but these really injured the back of the leg after some minutes of use. I guess they soften as time passes by but I won't be able to know if they get better because, as I said before, they're too large for my feet and I won't use them in a color I don't like at all. If I return the boots, Amazon offers me the return of the shipping cost in "Amazon Credits", which I don't want since to send back such a package is really expensive and I don't want that money in credits because I don't wanna buy anything else, it's just not fair. A real shame, they could have fixed this long ago and saved me all this trouble, a real shame. I will not buy again from Amazon after this.
on December 26, 2012
After hearing rave reviews from my daughter who still loves her Bugaboots after 3 years of use, I decided to give them a try. And I'm not disappointed. I love the lacing system. Easy to slide my foot into; one pull of the laces and they're snugged firmly around feet and ankles; then with laces looped around the upper catches, boots stay snug while being tied. Just as easy taking them off, it's an excellent design. The workmanship on the boot seems flawless. My feet stay warm during my 20 minute walks with my dog even on the coldest winter days. The only thing I could wish to improve would be their traction on ice. One caution though: Would advise people to purchase a half size larger than their normal shoe size even if planning to wear with thin socks. That's what I did and, even so, I wouldn't have minded going slightly larger than that because my toes are almost right at the end of them. So, I'm saying a full size larger would have been even better! The medium width runs comfortably average, not narrow, not wide. All in all, I'm very pleased with these boots!
on January 27, 2013
I live in Minnesota where it gets mighty chilly, so I was excited about this "Omni Heat" insulation. I wanted to take them for a test, so I put them on while I was driving. My cars heat wasn't working at the time so I figured it would be a good test to see if they kept my toes warm during my commute. I definitely noticed the warmth on my ankles, but my toes were painfully cold. Now, it wasn't a record setting cold day, only about 20F. And I wasn't even walking in the snow!

The idea is great, and I don't deny that it works, the problem is that this special insulation only extends down the ankle. Now, in my experience, I rarely have a cold ankle problem. It's my toes I care about!

Onto the sizing issue everyone keeps reviewing. I tried these on in a store before purchasing them for less on Amazon. I'm usually a 7.5, but in the store the 8 fit just the way I wanted it to (I even took a picture so I wouldn't forget). When the size 8 boots arrived from Amazon they were definitely smaller. I think their sizes are just inconsistent.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention how uncomfortable they are. It's like you've got plywood strapped to the front and back of your leg with your skin being pressed in on by the edges as you walk. Whether they would loosen up, I don't know, I didn't keep them long enough to find out.

In all honesty, they're only getting a star because I like the way they look so much.
on December 14, 2013
I am so thrilled with these boots. I live in New England and have 6 children (10 to 5) who love to play in the snow. I do a lot of trudging with the 2 sets of 6 and 5 year olds. I'm originally from the Southeast and these New England winters, in my opinion, SUCK. I love that these boots are gusseted and have the pulls on the tongue and back. They are so well made. I took the advice of the other reviews I read and ordered one full size larger; 8 to a 9. They are a perfect fit with regular weight crew socks. My feet didn't sweat, stayed warm and dry, and did not bother me at all during my first few wears. I was recouping from a nasty broken ankle (tibia and fibula with surgery for plates and screws) and I found these very comfy. I have to trudge up and down the hill with 4 kiddos with sleds and I was fine. I have the dove grey/white and I have no problem wearing them constantly with anything; leggings or jeans. Great purchase.
on December 6, 2012
I have always had the best experiences with boots from Columbia and these are no exception. Last winter, I opted for a cheaper boot (Wegner from Big 5) and have regretted the decision. However, having to deal with a terrible boot, I realized what specifications I needed: a cushioned and highly durable sole, sturdy design that holds it's shape and keeps my foot secure, waterproof, light, and strong laces. Not only does the Bugaboot meet all these specification, it is also very warm. Whenever I go for a walk/hike, I feel like I am walking on a cloud. My ankles are very secure which is helpful when hiking on uneven terrain. The brown color is also darker than the image making it quite fashionable with jeans and even skirts with tights. I love these shoes and wear them nearly every day. My last boot from Columbia lasted me 4 years (worn almost every day and hiking) and I suspect that these will also stand the test of time.
on November 3, 2013
I purchased the black/pink boot after much considering of the price and purchasing a boot on-line, and I absolutely LOVE these boots. My only *slight* disappointment was that I had purchased the next size up because I saw several comments that said the sizing ran small. The rear of the boot says "waterproof" and so far that is very true. I've had the boots in both standing and flowing water and my feet stayed dry. I've hunted and walked for many miles (dirt, snow, mud, rock) and had only a small blister (because the boots were slightly too big)....no ankle pain. The boots are only 200 gain (I believe) insulation, so my feet got a tad chilly with grocery store wool socks. With a high quality pair of Klim socks, my feet were dry and warm. The boots are not heavy; pretty light actually. I went from a Cabela's brand boot (that squeaked) to this...and I will never buy Cabela's again. LOVE these boots!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.