Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on February 5, 2016
Beware! The one I got was an imitation. How do I know? I bought the real thing from the factory a month ago. That was an excellent quality jacket. Only it was too big. Got the second one off Amazon because they have good service and fast delivery.
By the time I got home, package had arrived, and wife or kid opened it and placed the jacket on the table. From few feet away, I though to myself what a cheap looking jacket. Upon inspection, realize it was the one I ordered. Thought maybe it was just my perception. Wore it to work next day. Big mistake. It was the annual meet the executive day for all the team leads. Took off the jacket, and all the fleece got stuck on my white shirt. It was like a scene from a comedy. Pretty sure it was not a good first impression. Picked out as much fleece as possible and went on. And nope, didn't get any promotion that day :( Note that the real fleece jacket from Columbia never shed even a single piece of ball of fuzz.
Came home and compared this with the real one I got from a month ago. Look at the pictures. Big difference in quality. Returned it that night. Amazon really need to crack down on these questionable supplier. They can loose a lot of credibility.

As far as the real jacket is concerned (not this one), it is truly an excellent product. If you live in California or any warmer climate, a heavy jacket is too much. All that is needed is a very light jacket to keep the chill out long enough for you to generate heat as you go hiking. Is great for work or indoor as well where some places they turn the A/C on high.
review image
66 comments| 371 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 4, 2016
Terrible quality. Stitches are sticking out. Didn't expected from Columbia.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 13, 2016
I'm a little upset. My step dad wears these everyday. He wanted a different color blue to add to his collection. I ordered the marine blue, but what I received was the exact same color as his navy blue jackets. Very disappointing. Does this jacket look like the picture? Not even close! Now I have to give him a color he already has.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 13, 2016
Great fit. Great price! Much thicker and warmer than I thought it would be.
review image
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 4, 2013
When I look at reviews for clothing items, I like to see reviews that include the reviewers size, only because ordering clothes online can be difficult , and as we all know, manufacturers sizing belongs to their own, so a large on one product is more like a medium, etc etc... So I'll start out with that first... I'm 6 ft, with a 48 chest and 36-38 waist. My dress shirts have an arm length of about 34-35. The distance from the bottom of my neck/throat to my waist line is about 21-22 inches. And I weigh about 235 pounds. The XL sized fleece, which is the size I normally get in everything.... Was perfect for me. Plenty of chest room, arm room, and more than enough mid-section room, and I tried this one with just a thin under armour shirt on. I should add that the fleece does go below my specific waist line, approx 3-4 inches, which is a plus of course because I don't like jackets and fleeces that just end right at the waistline. After I wear some layers underneath, it can only be a better fit. I have to point out, I don't like tight jackets and this isn't one of them. So I hope this helps with sizing, at least with someone close to my size. As far as quality, no shortcuts taken. Stitching and sewing were done correctly, and the fleece is great for warmth.
22 comments| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 27, 2017
While the cut and stitching are good, the fabric is not really fleece, but rather a kind of felt: "A cloth or stuff made of matted fibers... fulled or wrought into a compact substance by rolling and pressure ... without spinning or weaving." The inside fibers are loose, not firmly attached: I can pinch them into a clump with my fingers. I attach photos comparing this coat with my 10 year old Columbia fleece. I wondered if this is one of the counterfeits people mentioned. This review describes the fabric, with a photo of the interior that looks like what I received: "The inner face of the fabric has a felt-like feel that’s very soft and the outside is a low-pile shaggy fleece (think Mountain Hardwear Monkey Man, but less shaggy). ... After a couple weeks of wear and two nights on the trail, the Steens Mountain is still in great shape, even with me: a notorious spiller and snagger." Perhaps it is actually o.k.?
on February 13, 2017
I ordered 2 , one made in China and the other in Bangladesh

The Bangladesh looked better made and more warm and fluffy

Order one size SMALLER - these are not true to size

I am 5'11 , 184 lbs , always wear medium , ordered a small based on the reviews , and the small fits perfect .... trust me on this one

The one in the picture is the one made in Bangladesh not china
on September 17, 2017
I love these jackets. It's the best jacket for the money. Soft, warm, professional yet casual, and simple. The Northface and Patagonia style ones are literally the exact same thing yet you pay $60 more for the brand. Columbia is even a great brand in and out of itself. I've had 4 of these jackets. 1 blue, 2 blacks, and 1 gray. The gray and 1 of my blacks are wearing out but I think I could still get a few more months out of them. These jackets last probably 3 years, 3 years in any weather condition, heat, cold, rain and snow. Amazon does not have the best price for these jackets but they do have the most reliable price. Meaning in store these jackets "on sale" (they're always "on sale") are $34.99, in TJ Max, Burlington, Marshalls, you can find these for $24.99. That's where I look first. This time around they didn't have the color I wanted (they typically always have black and gray) so I decided to order it now since I didn't want to bite the bullet and wait until it got colder. They fit literally to whatever shirt size you would wear to where it' not too big or too tight.
on February 4, 2018
This is a great fleece. The fit is very comfortable, it's very warm, and the pockets are a good size. It's one flaw is that the cuffs on the sleeves have a very restrictive band in them which makes it difficult ans sometimes impossible to side the sleeves up past the elbow. Also, as a minor nit pick, the color isn't quite black. It has a hint of grey in it. I actually like the color it just wasn't was I was expecting from the description "black" especially when they have to shades of charcoal. Anyway, the minor stuff aside I would highly recommend this product.
on January 18, 2018
The jacket was delivered as ordered and shipped as estimated. The fleece feels very soft and a decent weight. I bought the large and it fits perfectly. Not too baggy and not too tight. I am 6 ft 1 in and 190 lb and athletic build. I bought this as a winter liner for another outer jacket. Note that this is not an interchange liner fleece, as it doesn't have the correct zipper to zip into an outer jacket. That detail was not important for me though. I already own a Columbia fleece jacket from a few years back that i use for outside projects on the home in mild and colder conditions, and i have always managed to stay warm with low to medium activity level. I have been so impressed with it i wanted to buy a second one. I compared the new one with the older one and both have the same retail number. However, the seams inside the new jacket are not finished in the same way or as neatly as the older one. The new jacket is made in Sri Lanka but the older one is made in Vietnam. I have noticed a similar thing regarding quality of finish with other clothing manufacturers. Where things are made really does seem to matter. This issue is very minor and doesn't show on the outside and looks like a quality fleece when you wear it. There is an elastic draw cord and toggle for people like me who like to cinch around the waist. The older jacket had two, this has only one on the left side. Works the same. Pockets have zippers all YKK and little cords that you can attach to make opening and closing with gloves easier. All in all a good product, but i personally wouldn't pay the full price of $60 for it, i got it at half price on sale and am happy with that.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.