Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on November 10, 2015
Just got this in the mail, and I'm so glad I went with the small instead of the medium. It fits very well over a thick sweater... it isn't a coat, so I really don't foresee wanting to layer more than that. If you're planning on wearing a hoodie or several layers, size up. I'm 5"4', 135lbs, 34B, and wear a 4/6. The small is great with plenty of room to move. The red hibiscus is gorgeous... a nice, bright, faintly pink/coral tinged red. The hood and waist are easily adjusted with the elastic cords. Just got it, so I haven't had a chance to test the waterproofing. Pics included... sorry for the bathroom selfies. :)

Update: Have worn this in several soaking rains... kept me dry! It's been washed a ton, and still looks as good as new two years later.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 436 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 2, 2017
I ordered this jacket in Bluebell Extra Small and Black Small. I really wanted the Bluebell color, but it was only available in XS. I decided to take a chance and order it. I had tried the Small on in stores and knew it fit, but it did have room to spare. I am 5'0" and I'd say my weight fluctuates from 115-118. Received both jackets timely, and to my surprise the XS fits rather well! It does not feel tight. When zipping it, I do need to pull the jacket over my butt (my hips kept me from pulling the zipper together from full length). It may fit slightly snugger around my hips/rear but overall not bad, and in the XS it is more form fitting/flattering. I notice the arms length is a lot better for me, and the jacket length goes to about the middle of my butt. I still had room to have a fully zipped fleece jacket underneath, so still room to layer. The small has plenty of room but is slightly baggy on me. The arms were longer, and the jacket length fully covered my butt. If you needed the jacket for a cold climate requiring a lot of layers than the small may be the better choice.

In the end I am keeping the XS because I love the Bluebell color! I think this must be a discontinued color which is unfortunate. I don't wear many bright colors so the more neutral tone of the Bluebell is just the right amount of color for me (the color is pretty true to the advertised image). I've seen the Harbour Blue in stores, and it's a nice shade but a lot brighter in comparison. Anyway, due to the color I fell in love with this jacket! I have worn the jacket out in the rain and it performed well. Haven't had a chance to be out in the rain for really long periods of time with the jacket though, but pretty certain it will keep me dry. My only concern will be if this jackets get too hot since it is lined (another point for the Bluebell color in this regard as Black would absorb more heat). I live in an area which experiences all 4 seasons, so in the summer days in the 80s and 90s this jacket could get too hot. I will try to update with my experience. However, I have compared the Arcadia II to the Switchback and just find the Arcadia feels like more of a jacket. The Switchback is very lightweight and more of just a shell. I feel like the Arcadia II is a better deal for the money, but it really depends on your needs. Also the Arcadia II has strings to pull to tighten the hood that are very easy to locate and use. I love that they are easily accessible which was another reason this jacket was my pick over some competitors. Overall if you are looking for a good rain jacket, you can't go wrong with any of Columbia's options!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on August 26, 2017
I bought this for my second trip to Scotland. On my first trip I knew it would be wet, but I needed to pack light so I bought a paper thin light weight "water resistant" jacket. What I didn't know is there is a big difference between water proof and water resistant. This time around I was much smarter. I still needed to pack light, but I needed a real waterproof jacket that could also serve as a jacket to keep my warm in the 50 degree summers of the Scottish highlands. This was perfect! I am 5'5" and 140 pounds and I bought a small. It fits perfect and it's also cute in my opinion. It kept me dry and warm when hiking to the cold windy mountain peaks and it kept me dry during downpours at Disney world without suffocating me in the 90 degree weather. If you are looking for an affordable, lightweight, summer rain jacket that is waterproof and somewhat fashionable, this is a great pick! It's also packable into it's own pocket and takes up no room in your luggage!
review imagereview imagereview image
on September 11, 2016
Update:
I bought this jacket to take on a Cruise to New England and Canada. I wore it all the time as a great windbreaker but we never had rain so wasn't able to see how it worked. I bought a little big so was able to layer sweaters underneat which was great to keep me warm. Finally, it rained when I was working this week. I was amazed that I was kept dry even in a complete downpour. I took off the coat when I reached my car so it wouldnt get the seat wet but I was perfectly dry. I hung in the shower overnight and it was dry by morning. A great coat.

I havent tried my jacket yet but love it. I bought a little large so that I could layer warm sweaters under for when it gets cold. I like that it has a real hood that stays on. I will be bring to New England/Canada for an upcoming cruise. I hope I wont need it but wanted it just in case.
on July 18, 2017
Purchased this jacket to bring along on a trip to Ireland with my husband. Given that Ireland is known for having regular, intermittent rain, I wanted something light weight and comfortable that I could carry with me in case we encountered rain during our daily travels. This fit the bill perfectly. It was light weight, folded easily into my day pack, and was perfect to keep out the rain and wind. I was able to "break it in" during a considerable rain storm at home before we left, and wore it a few times in Ireland during rainy and misty weather. Each time it kept me dry and did a great job blocking the wind. It is not especially warm (which was what I wanted), but was able to comfortably wear a light sweatshirt underneath when it was a little extra chilly. As for sizing, I have a few other Columbia jackets, and found that the sizing on this one was comparable to those. I am 5' 3" and weigh about 145, I typically wear a M or L for tops. I ordered this in a Medium and it fit well with room for a light sweatshirt underneath.
on July 7, 2016
I bought this jacket because I needed a rain jacket that I could wear over multiple layers. I was going to Scotland and Ireland in mid-march and knew that I would be needing something for the rain. As far as keeping water out, this jacket does the job. It also did fairly well against the biting wind that sweeps through Edinburgh as long as I layered. I was usually wearing a scarf, a sweater (or two), and a couple of shirts underneath and I always felt like I had enough room. Please keep in mind that this jacket is NOT well-insulated, so I would not recommend it for someone who wants to use it daily in the winter. I bought it because it packs well and was perfect for travel. Overall, it's a good jacket. It's not the warmest jacket, so make sure you are wearing a lot of layers or are wearing it for a warmer rain.
on June 21, 2017
I LOVE this jacket! I bought it in anticipation of our June Alaska adventure, wanting to be prepared for possible rain, windstorms, and unpredictable temperatures. I wore it over a sweater with jeans in 35 - 50 degree weather and it kept this girl from the South very comfortable. The fit and color are great -- just as described -- but what was most surprising was its durability. There were times that I crammed it into my tote bag and even folded it for use as a pillow during travels, and it still came out neat with no wrinkles after a few shakes. I look forward to wearing this for many years.
on June 5, 2017
I already have one Columbia waterproof windbreaker rain jacket and while I love it the bright blue is not always the color I want to wear when it is raining. After looking at several Columbia waterproof rain jackets I decided on this one. I have only worn it a few times in the rain, but so far it has done its job very well. If you are looking for a good, lightweight jacket that will keep you dry in the rain then you should give this one a serious look.
on July 5, 2017
Purchased this jacket primarily for travel - and it came in especially handy on a recent trip to Ireland. Well made - light and packable - yet surprisingly warm when layered over a T-shirt and/or sweater. Does exactly what it's supposed to do - keeps rain and wind out. Was comfortable in temperatures that ranged from 50 to 70" (F). My only caveat is that the Velcro tabs that keep the placket closed (over the zipper) tend to get stuck on things (like a scarf). I see why they are there - but don't wear a scarf that is "snaggable" - because it WILL be damaged. All in all, a light and comfortable choice for rainy climes. Nice deep pockets for all those travel necessities.
on September 1, 2017
Exactly what I was looking for! this is a light jacket so it was perfect with a t-shirt but there's also enough room for a sweatshirt underneath in cooler weather. The liner kept me from feeling like I was wearing plastic and feeling wet. (You know the feeling, when the inside of the jacket sticks to you and it makes your skin feel cold and damp?)

I wore this jacket at camp in New England, on vacation in Florida and at home on rainy days. The temps have ranged from mid 50s to mid 80s, I haven't been disappointed!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.