Oil month Automotive Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on November 10, 2015
Just got this in the mail, and I'm so glad I went with the small instead of the medium. It fits very well over a thick sweater... it isn't a coat, so I really don't foresee wanting to layer more than that. If you're planning on wearing a hoodie or several layers, size up. I'm 5"4', 135lbs, 34B, and wear a 4/6. The small is great with plenty of room to move. The red hibiscus is gorgeous... a nice, bright, faintly pink/coral tinged red. The hood and waist are easily adjusted with the elastic cords. Just got it, so I haven't had a chance to test the waterproofing. Pics included... sorry for the bathroom selfies. :)

Update: Have worn this in several soaking rains... kept me dry! It's been washed a ton, and still looks as good as new two years later.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 445 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 2, 2017
I ordered this jacket in Bluebell Extra Small and Black Small. I really wanted the Bluebell color, but it was only available in XS. I decided to take a chance and order it. I had tried the Small on in stores and knew it fit, but it did have room to spare. I am 5'0" and I'd say my weight fluctuates from 115-118. Received both jackets timely, and to my surprise the XS fits rather well! It does not feel tight. When zipping it, I do need to pull the jacket over my butt (my hips kept me from pulling the zipper together from full length). It may fit slightly snugger around my hips/rear but overall not bad, and in the XS it is more form fitting/flattering. I notice the arms length is a lot better for me, and the jacket length goes to about the middle of my butt. I still had room to have a fully zipped fleece jacket underneath, so still room to layer. The small has plenty of room but is slightly baggy on me. The arms were longer, and the jacket length fully covered my butt. If you needed the jacket for a cold climate requiring a lot of layers than the small may be the better choice.

In the end I am keeping the XS because I love the Bluebell color! I think this must be a discontinued color which is unfortunate. I don't wear many bright colors so the more neutral tone of the Bluebell is just the right amount of color for me (the color is pretty true to the advertised image). I've seen the Harbour Blue in stores, and it's a nice shade but a lot brighter in comparison. Anyway, due to the color I fell in love with this jacket! I have worn the jacket out in the rain and it performed well. Haven't had a chance to be out in the rain for really long periods of time with the jacket though, but pretty certain it will keep me dry. My only concern will be if this jackets get too hot since it is lined (another point for the Bluebell color in this regard as Black would absorb more heat). I live in an area which experiences all 4 seasons, so in the summer days in the 80s and 90s this jacket could get too hot. I will try to update with my experience. However, I have compared the Arcadia II to the Switchback and just find the Arcadia feels like more of a jacket. The Switchback is very lightweight and more of just a shell. I feel like the Arcadia II is a better deal for the money, but it really depends on your needs. Also the Arcadia II has strings to pull to tighten the hood that are very easy to locate and use. I love that they are easily accessible which was another reason this jacket was my pick over some competitors. Overall if you are looking for a good rain jacket, you can't go wrong with any of Columbia's options!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on August 26, 2017
I bought this for my second trip to Scotland. On my first trip I knew it would be wet, but I needed to pack light so I bought a paper thin light weight "water resistant" jacket. What I didn't know is there is a big difference between water proof and water resistant. This time around I was much smarter. I still needed to pack light, but I needed a real waterproof jacket that could also serve as a jacket to keep my warm in the 50 degree summers of the Scottish highlands. This was perfect! I am 5'5" and 140 pounds and I bought a small. It fits perfect and it's also cute in my opinion. It kept me dry and warm when hiking to the cold windy mountain peaks and it kept me dry during downpours at Disney world without suffocating me in the 90 degree weather. If you are looking for an affordable, lightweight, summer rain jacket that is waterproof and somewhat fashionable, this is a great pick! It's also packable into it's own pocket and takes up no room in your luggage!
review imagereview imagereview image
on November 24, 2015
For the record: I don't love this jacket, my wife does. I love my wife and she looks great in this jacket. We were a little confused by the mixed reviews on sizing. Many reviewers were posting remarks about the importance of ordering a size up to allow room for a sweater or something similar. Yet there were other reviewers saying the exact opposite. My wife is normally in-between small and medium when buying shirts and jackets (yes it's extremely frustrating buying clothes for her) so we figured we should go with a medium since most reviewers were saying to go a size up. We ended up going to a store that carried these locally to try on the fit. Buying locally at the store would have been WAY more expensive! But it was useful to get the sizing just right. My wife said the medium felt like she was wearing a bag and she'd be swimming in it. Don't know exactly what that means except that it was too large for her taste and not form fitting. She tried the small and it fit just right. Our recommendation is to get ahold of a jacket locally even if it's not the exact model or color you're considering but a Columbia brand rainproof jacket and try a few on to ensure you get the right fit for you to avoid the hassle of returning the product for a different size. I realize that this isn't possible for everyone but amidst the confusion and various opinions on the matter it's what we recommend. If that isn't possible then decide what size based on your body shape and what you hope to use this jacket for. If you'll need it as an outer layer with multiple other layers underneath for warmth then go a size up. If you're going to use it just to stay dry with a small sweatshirt or t shirt with a fleece jacket underneath then ordering your normal size will be just fine and offer mobility.
As for it's use, the jacket did it's job holding up to downpour rainstorms in Hilo Hawaii yet remaining comfortable and relatively breathable while having a very attractive appearance. We took it on several hikes and it kept her dry through several bouts of rain. She highly enjoyed and recommends this jacket as a lightweight and very rainproof jacket that has some style and isn't "a bag to go swimming in."
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 23, 2016
I got bright geranium in a SMALL. I am almost 5'5 120lbs with a long torso+arms and 34B chest. This jacket has room to wear a fleece, hoodie, or sweater underneath. It is a light jacket but, feels like sturdy nice material. The sleeves have velcro to tighten the wrists, drawstring around the waist and hood. The pockets are mesh lined with a zipper closure. The color is more of a hot pink than the picture. Very comfortable jacket; I wore it while sitting on the couch and forgot I had it on until my fiancé asked about it.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 18, 2017
Purchased this jacket to bring along on a trip to Ireland with my husband. Given that Ireland is known for having regular, intermittent rain, I wanted something light weight and comfortable that I could carry with me in case we encountered rain during our daily travels. This fit the bill perfectly. It was light weight, folded easily into my day pack, and was perfect to keep out the rain and wind. I was able to "break it in" during a considerable rain storm at home before we left, and wore it a few times in Ireland during rainy and misty weather. Each time it kept me dry and did a great job blocking the wind. It is not especially warm (which was what I wanted), but was able to comfortably wear a light sweatshirt underneath when it was a little extra chilly. As for sizing, I have a few other Columbia jackets, and found that the sizing on this one was comparable to those. I am 5' 3" and weigh about 145, I typically wear a M or L for tops. I ordered this in a Medium and it fit well with room for a light sweatshirt underneath.
on August 31, 2017
Love love love this jacket. Bought it just prior to a trip and as expected, it rained A LOT where I was. This jacket was not too hot - no sweating while wearing it... and I stayed totally dry inside it. Love the adjustable cuffs, hood, hemline, and the way the zipper is covered. My camera was easy to pull in and out of the pocket - and it stayed dry while in the pocket while safe & secure in the depth of the pocket.. Oh yes, one more thing... the "visor" kept my glasses relatively dry too!
review image
on July 7, 2016
I bought this jacket because I needed a rain jacket that I could wear over multiple layers. I was going to Scotland and Ireland in mid-march and knew that I would be needing something for the rain. As far as keeping water out, this jacket does the job. It also did fairly well against the biting wind that sweeps through Edinburgh as long as I layered. I was usually wearing a scarf, a sweater (or two), and a couple of shirts underneath and I always felt like I had enough room. Please keep in mind that this jacket is NOT well-insulated, so I would not recommend it for someone who wants to use it daily in the winter. I bought it because it packs well and was perfect for travel. Overall, it's a good jacket. It's not the warmest jacket, so make sure you are wearing a lot of layers or are wearing it for a warmer rain.
on June 21, 2017
I LOVE this jacket! I bought it in anticipation of our June Alaska adventure, wanting to be prepared for possible rain, windstorms, and unpredictable temperatures. I wore it over a sweater with jeans in 35 - 50 degree weather and it kept this girl from the South very comfortable. The fit and color are great -- just as described -- but what was most surprising was its durability. There were times that I crammed it into my tote bag and even folded it for use as a pillow during travels, and it still came out neat with no wrinkles after a few shakes. I look forward to wearing this for many years.
on April 24, 2017
Order up, ladies! I'm 5'9", 128 pounds, bust: 36, waist: 27, hips: 37. I thought FOR SURE a large would be big enough, right? Wrong! The sleeves came to about mid-forearm. I bought this to replace my old Columbia rain jacket which is similar (waterproof, lightweight, Omnitech). Interestingly, the old one was made in China, and this one in Vietnam. My old one seems to be a much better quality, however: thicker, better lining, snaps instead of Velcro which I prefer, deeper pockets, a roomier hood. Anyway, I decided to skip the ladies and just go with the men's version, size large. Much cheaper than the ladies and hopefully it won't be huge on me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.