Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 329 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 348 reviews
on April 19, 2013
I am 5'8 and usually wear a size 10/12. I ordered a size Large & it fits me perfectly.
I have longer arms so the sleeves are great!
I like that it is longer to cover my rear.
I do not find the sleeves openings excessive like others have said.
This is not something that you would exercise in tho, too fitted.
The black is more of a dark grey but I knew that from other reviews.
on July 18, 2013
I like this jacket very much - it is long enough to cover me in a flattering way, the fleece is high quality, and the color (smoky black) is fabulous. I love the drape of the hood. I don't wear the hood up but it looks very nice folded down and makes a flattering collar shape. I love the waist effect - tapered in and skinny-looking. I actually own 2 of these jackets, one in size medium and one in size large. I am about 5'10", 150 lbs, and very small on top but the medium is very tight across the chest. So, I bought another in size large. The large fits well on top but the jacket is much, much wider on the bottom and not so flattering on me. If you have a large bottom, this jacket will probably fit you well and flatter your shape. If you have a large chest, you will might find both sizes too tight. I am happy with the jacket, it looks so much better on me than other fleece coats out there which are sportier and shorter in the waist, I just wish it fit my particular shape a bit better. Hopefully it will fit your shape!
on April 22, 2013
I was very hesitant to order this hoodie because of the many reviews noting strange fit problems. It was just what I was looking for, style and fabric-wise, though, so I went ahead and ordered, hoping.... I am 5' 3-1/2" and weigh 135 lbs, and the medium size fits nicely, even somewhat generously through the waist, though I would have preferred a more fitted silhouette. Not overly big or small anywhere, though, except the sleeves, which are about 2 inches long on me. I could hem them, but think I will keep them long to warm my hands when needed. The black really is more of a charcoal color, as stated by other reviewers, so I wasn't surprised, though a true black would have been my preference. I should get a lot of use out of this hoodie, so durability will be the next test!
on November 6, 2013
ID return this but too expensive to send back.

Size XL shows to fit up to sixe 14 .
i wanted roomy and am a size 12 so I got XL and it DOES NOT CLOSE! NOR ZIP ITs THAT TIGHTLY CUT.

I think this may be sized in JR sizing not Missy size..

Next this is FLEECE , but not as soft as should be .

I have 4 zipped fleece hoodies and jackets similar BUT FOR half the price and made by Champion.

This a Structured jacket, ITS NOISY! IT makes rustling Noise when it rubs against body of jacket!
Slight padding may be cause for the noise of the rustling, but its audible.

For 2x price I never heard of label, but expected it to be twice as nice as Champion, and AT LEAST TO BE SIZED right and not make noise.

I wanted this bad since getting cold in CA but a no go

My fleece sized XL by Champion is super soft as FLEECE should be, and fits looser as i expected this to.

Not all fleece is same I guess .

ITS a junior fit I think , its sure not like Champion XL hoodie in Fleece , for half the money of this.

if u are buying this , go UP 2 Sizes more than you need .

Wanted this to be the ONE,, since getting cool in CA it needed it , but a no go.
on May 14, 2013
The arms are a little long but nothing that needs altered or rolled up. I felt that the sea salt color was a little too see-thru, so i sent it back. I ordered a large and extra large (my usual size and next size up) - sometimes I like to size up to get more room. Turns out this isn't the type of jacket you can size up with... it's meant to be fitted, and a bigger size just looks sloppy.
on June 4, 2013
I like the color and length of this hoodie, sizewise it's just roomy enough to allow me to wear a sweater beneath it if I want to which is nice on colder days, but this hoodie is probably too long for anyone under 5'4" unless you have a longer torso. Also, the sleeves are very long - they're about two or three inches too long for me, so I imagine that this hoodie would fit a taller woman nicely. Luckily for me, fixing the length of the sleeves should be rather straight forward and will probably cost me only a few minutes at the sewing machine. Also, as another reviewer already mentioned, only the hood is lined - that's not a problem for me as I wanted to use it for Seattle's long spring when it's just too warm during the day for a jacket but too chilly at night for just a cardigan.
on October 22, 2013
After wearing the first one for a few minutes, I promptly ordered 2 more in different colors. Love it!

Living in Vermont, the right cold-weather apparel becomes very important. Layering is key, and this is the perfect 3-season layer! Although it's not fully lined, the fleece is still surprisingly warm. When the temp is in the 50s or 60s, this is a warm, comfy lightweight jacket, and when the temp goes below zero, it's fitted enough that it works as a lovely insulating layer under your real winter coat.

Anyway, speaking of fitted, the fit is exactly what I've been looking all over to find. I'm a tall, curvy size 12, and pretty much every kind of hoodie or cardigan that I've tried on while looking for something to fill this wardrobe gap has been either too short, too shapeless, or too baggy around the waist to work. This is nicely fitted at the waist, long enough to cover my rear end, and *gasp* can be closed completely without pooching out, bunching around the waist, or riding up in back.

At 5'10", I was worried at first that what is considered 'long' on a regular sized person might be far too short for me, but the sleeves were long enough to cover my knuckles, and as mentioned before, it actually covers my rear end. It might run slightly small: I generally order mediums for tops and jackets, but decided to go with a large for this, and I'm glad I did. It's a tad loose, and the medium probably would have fit me well enough if I wore this over a single layer, but the large allows me to throw in an extra layer if needed. There is enough stretch to the fleece that if you go with your regular size, it'll probably still fit reasonably well.

UPDATE Jan 2014:
I ordered these in the early fall, before my body had re-acclimated to Vermont winter weather. Now, it's January, and we've just made it through the Polar Vortex. I don't know what I would have done without these; I've worn one of my three almost every day for the past three months. On the few occasions that it's been above freezing, this worked nicely as my sole jacket when scurrying from the house to the car or shoveling snow and carrying firewood. On the much more frequent occasions when it's well below freezing, I wear one beneath my ankle-length winter coat--without it, that winter coat is only comfortable down to about 30F, but with it, I'm toasty warm down to 0F. (And if I add in a Columbia Women's Benton Springs Vest underneath it all, I'm comfy down to around -10F or -15F, at which point breathing hurts too much to stay outside for long--but my torso is still plenty warm.)

During the time I've been wearing them, these have each been washed (and dried in front of the woodstove) several dozen times, and apart from the fact that the white one manages to collect dark lint even without going through the dryer, these look just as fresh as when I first got them, and haven't stretched out. The only thing I'm not 100% happy about is my decision to order Larges instead of Mediums. I was happy with this decision at first, but then I ordered a Benton Springs vest in medium as well as in large; the large fit the same way the Benton Springs Long Hoodie fit--in other words, well enough--but the medium fit much better. So, if you're like me and generally order a smaller size in tops than you order in jackets, I'd suggest going with your regular top size rather than your regular jacket size.
on November 8, 2013
I purchased this jacket originally at TJ Maxx in bark color in size XL. I was so delighted with the jacket's $35 price tag and snatched it up immediately. The MSRP tag said $78.00. After wearing it just one time I immediately came to amazon to see what other colors I could find.

Normally I wear a size 14 and the XL fit me fine with room for sweater underneath. I am 5' 3" and it covers the rear completely and hits me mid-thigh. The princess seaming adds dimension to this hoodie. On the front are two zippered slash pockets and two deep pockets are inside the jacket which are great for cell phone, ipod, etc. The front zipper is large but color coordinated. There is a hood but there is no adjustment or ties on the hood. On windy days you would want to wear a toboggan or ear muffs in addition. The sleeves are longer (see photo of sea salt jacket) but come down to cover any area missed by gloves. The coldest day I have worn it so far had a wind chill of 50 degrees and winds of 20 mph and I was totally warm with just a tee underneath.

I wanted to have another to walk in and decided the Sea Salt would be a great addition and would match most anything. I was totally impressed with the color and the price on Amazon was slightly higher. When I tried it on it you could see everything you had on underneath as well as all the pocket lining, etc. You could see the label and the color of your clothing underneath. In my opinion, it made this lovely jacket look cheap. I was not expecting it to look so thin. I have several winter white pieces and none are as opaque as this. Also, the fit was not the same. Where the bark XL has plenty of room for a sweater underneath, this one would hardly zip with a tee shirt on. Sadly, I am returning and will chose another dark color instead.

I have ordered this in the charcoal gray and will update on its fit and color upon arrival. I would totally recommend this jacket just not in sea salt color.
on January 6, 2014
I live in CO so during the winter/early spring months it gets nippy but by mid day it's always warm. I am also 5'8" so it is kind of hard to find a jacket that is just the right length because my torso is long.

This jacket is thick enough to be warm but light enough that it's not a hassle to walk around campus with. It's not too heavy to carry around if I get too warm, and not bulky so I can stuff it in my pack. I can sit comfortably in class with it on if I am chilly.

Fit wise I have a 26" waste and I so I ordered the small. It fits my shape really nicely and fits over my hips and butt (I am very curvy) without doing that annoying bunching up thing that I experience with shorter jackets and hoodies. The length of the jacket is just what I wanted, it stops about an inch or two below my crotch. I wish the sleeves were longer. That is my only complaint. They stop about an inch and a half above where my wrist starts. BUT OH WELL! This is a common problem for me.

Like most Columbia products it is made well. The fleece is the perfect thickness so it keeps me warm during the average CO winter day, if it's super nippy I just put on a heavier shirt or extra layer.

SO happy with this jacket.
on December 24, 2013
I bought the black size large. It was ok in the chest (I am big busted) but was like a bell down below. It was not flattering or comfortable. It didn't look anything like the picture and the sleeves were opened so wide there's no way I would have been kept warm. The black wasn't black - just as others have mentioned in these reviews - but more of a charcoal grey. In my opinion they should describe it as it really is. Back it goes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.