Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 31, 2013
Fit: I'm 5'2" and 110lbs. Based on Columbia's size chart, my measurements on top are XS while on the bottom I'm S. I bought the S jacket and it fits well. I can wear at least 3 t-shirt layers underneath the liner or a fitted sweater; a non-fitted sweater may be too tight. The bottom hits slightly above the hips and is a bit more snug than I'd like and the arms are longer than normal; they are longer than S Columbia tops that have thumb holes.

Material: The fleece liner is not a soft fleece; it's slightly rough with a small one directional pile. The sleeves are lined inside with another layer of soft thinner fleece; this creates very warm arms! This thinner fleece is also the lining of the pockets in both the liner and the shell which makes very comfortable pockets. Zippers are mid quality, not cheap zippers but not heavy duty ones either. The shell is made of two layers and the inner layer is slick and soft on the skin.

Style: There are buttons to keep the sleeves of the liner in place and velcro to keep the neck area in place. Velcro is also present at the wrist and to cover the main zippers. There's just two zipped pockets for the shell and two zipped pockets for the liner, which are inaccessible if both pieces are zipped together. The bottom of the shell can be tightened as well as the hood by elastic.

Warmth: With a long sleeve base layer and long sleeve tee, I survived wind chill in the teens.
on November 21, 2013
Overall I LOVE this jacket! I did find that the arms are a little tight, but I am still able to wear a long-sleeve shirt with it. Many other reviews state that going up a size makes the arms too long, but I did not have this problem (I'm 5'0' and 140lbs.). I did notice that when using the outer shell alone, it was a little bit bigger than I would have liked. It was very easy to separate the two layers to use separately, as well as to put them back together. I love the color combination of the navy blue and reddish-pink. I used the jacket for the first time this week in 35 degree (Fahrenheit) weather, and I was not cold at all. The fleece lining in the pockets is a wonderful addition for keeping hands warm. Great buy, and a wonderful deal!
22 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 19, 2017
This jacket it not the baby blue color it looks like in the photo, it is a teal blue color. Still cute, but a totally different color. I feel like it fits a lot snugger than my old Columbia jacket was, but I went up a size and got a Large (I am 5'6", weigh 145 pounds, and wear a size 6 in jeans and a medium top) and it fits well. I love it, even though it's not the color I originally thought it was.
on January 3, 2014
The coat was a surprise Christmas present for my wife.
I checked her other coats to be sure I ordered the right size which I did.
The correct size was shipped and it was received in very good condition and on time.
However the coat was a snug fit that would not allow any layering of clothing. There would not be enough room for a blouse and sweater.

Otherwise, the coat was well constructed and had the bonus of a zip out lining that could easily be used as a light weight jacket.
It had pleasant color options. It is a good value.
on January 27, 2014
I ordered this for my daughter who usually wears a size 7. After reading the reviews I knew it ran small so I went from a medium to a large. Her current coat was a North Face size small and looked good but she said it was snug. The large wasn't snug -it was tight! I have quite a few Columbia coats between me, my husband and my son & daughter but have never experienced this kind of construction. Before returning it I took it to work and had my size 0 coworker try it on-she had a little extra room in this LARGE jacket. We went to a brick and mortar store that carries Columbia and ended up purchasing one in a different style that worked wonderfully. This style seems constructed for a very different build than their usual products.
on December 6, 2014
Note that the size fit as expected because there is an inner coat that comes with the jacket. I do not really like the inner fleece coat because the opening of the sleeves are tight, I wear another favourite Columbia fleece jacket of mine and wear the jacket over it. Keep me warm during skiing and snowboarding and is waterproof. During autumn or rainy days, I just wear the jacket only. This one of of my best investments!
on February 19, 2014
I'm 5' 7" and 155 lbs, and I always wear a large in Columbia jackets. The large in this jacket was very tight. The sleeves and shoulders were way too small, and I couldn't zip it. My daughter, who usually wears a medium in Columbia, found the arms too tight, also. I recommend ordering 2 sizes up.
on December 19, 2013
I have pretty normal sized arms, but with the interchange lining in, the sleeves are a bit too snug. Otherwise I love it and will be keeping it. It's very warm and I like the style. But I couldn't wear it if I had anything slightly thick like a sweater on underneath.
on November 28, 2013
Loved the quality and the versatility of this jacket, but had to return it because it runs small. I ordered my usual size and it was very tight under the arms and across the chest. Forget skiing, you won't be able to move!
on December 26, 2013
Hi Amazon, Columbia,

I just ordered the X-Small size for the "dark plum" jacket for my girlfriend for Christmas. I wanted to exchange for a larger size but it said the product is currently unavailable. I love this color and was wondering if Amazon or Columbia would know when this would be in stock again for me to exchange?

I was really hoping to get this for my girlfriend before January 2nd because she is skiing on January 3rd.

Any help would be great!!

-Brian Luu aka long time Amazon buyer.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.