BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

I live in Wisconsin where we live in jackets for at least six months out of the year, and possibly more, depending on the weather. Our closet is filled with jackets for all seasons and types of weather but I couldn't resist buying this jacket when I saw it. I have worn Columbia jackets, among other name brands, for years and Columbia has always been my favorite. They are warm, stylish, and very flattering so I was very excited to get this jacket and start wearing it!

The Columbia Women's Mighty Lite III Jacket is a lightweight yet warm winter jacket. It is made with the Omni-Heat technology which uses your own body heat to help keep you warm and keep the warmth inside the jacket. The shell and lining are both made of 100% polyester and the insulation is made of 50% polyester and 50% recycled polyester. The tag says it's machine washable in cold water and can be dried on low heat. I have not yet washed mine but when I do, I will add that information to this review. This jacket is made in Vietnam. The inside of the jacket is reflective and the outside has a quilted look to it. It contains two zippered outer pockets and one zippered inner pocket for your valuables. The sleeves also contain thumb holes (much like performance hoodies) but you don't have to use those if you don't want to. The product description states this jacket has a drawcord hem but either mine doesn't have one or the information is incorrect. Either way, that doesn't bother me since it fits me fine the way it is.

For size reference, I am 5'6", 165 pounds with a 36D chest and I ordered a large which fits perfectly! I generally wear large with most jackets so I feel the sizing for this jacket is as expected. I am able to wear shirts, lightweight hoodies, and thick hoodies with it and still zip it comfortably with extra room. When I put it on, the bottom reaches about halfway down my rear and the sleeves are the perfect length. It's not an incredibly puffy jacket so you can easily stash it in a backpack and it would be great for using while traveling. I wear it out a lot when I'm running errands or going to church. This jacket is very versatile so you can wear it casually or for a dressy occasion. I love the black color because it's sharp and looks good with anything. It also is a nice black color, not a charcoal color like how some black jackets end up looking. It's a slim fit so if you prefer a little more room, I'd suggest sizing up one size.

I've been wearing this jacket a lot lately so I've been able to test it out in colder temperatures. We've had some 20-degree days, windy days, and more mild days. I've found this jacket works well in about 20 degrees or warmer, with a sweatshirt underneath, and it keeps me fairly warm. I wore it one night when we were outside for awhile and it was windy, about 25 degrees, and I was freezing so I don't feel this jacket is very windproof but you could always add layers to accommodate that. Here in the Midwest, we get subzero temperatures with windchills near -20 or colder and this jacket wouldn't help much in those temperatures for an extended period of time, but usually we just stay inside if it's that cold! If you are looking for a jacket for extreme temperatures, I don't feel this one will work well for that but 20 degrees and above, depending on the wind, it should work great.

Overall, I am so happy I bought this jacket because I've been wearing it a lot lately! It's sleek, stylish, and warm without adding a lot of bulk. It's great for most cold temperatures and would be perfect for college students who have to trek across campus, moms who are hustling their kids in and out of the car, and any woman who needs a nice, warm jacket! I've always loved Columbia products and they are my go-to brand for nearly all of my winter gear. I highly recommend this jacket if you want, or need, a jacket that will keep you warm this winter!
on February 8, 2013
This jacket is stylish (especially with skinny jeans and boots), lightweight, and warm in temps to about 30-35F, but with layering could go lower. I'm 5'5" and 157 lbs. I usually wear an 8 in pants, and a medium in tops. I ordered a large, and it fits well. I could have gone with a medium...maybe. The jacket has some give, but if you have larger breasts, go with the large.
1111 comments| 219 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2016
EXCELLENT!!!! This fits perfectly, and this is underneath 2 layers (one of which was a hoodie). So yes, it was snug, but it will fit much better without the bulk of a hoodie underneath!! The arm length is perfect for me. I'm 4'11", about 180 lbs, and a 34-36DD. I had a few mishaps in the beginning (sent the wrong item twice), but when this jacket finally arrived, I wrong as beyond thrilled. The color is on point, more of a royal blue, as I'd hoped for... Definitely worth the small hassle in went through! Will update upon my arrived rival from my Iceland trip!!!
on February 14, 2017
Love it!! I'm a 16w and I got a xxl. It said slim fit so I sized up. The jacket was large and loose on me. I live in SC and this jacket is light enough for our confused winter weather. It is also warm enough for Michigan winters. I took this jacket for my recent trip. I only had one layer of clothing on the entire trip and this jacket kept me warm. I'd buy it again!! Love it.
on October 13, 2017
I am so torn over this jacket. Nice quality but weird fit. I have other items and jackets from Columbia and they usually fit well with good proportions. This however was wonky. I am 5'2, 130ish lbs. I got a Small. The body fit well but the arms were huge and disproportionate (they were very loose at the top). Also the red camila color is like a neon strawberry. A little too bright for me. Alas, I set this back. Giving it 3 stars because of quality of product but the fit and color didn't work for me
on January 10, 2016
Great coat. The sleeve length is too long like most coats on me unless it comes in a petite. Otherwise a large fit me pretty well. I'm bigger on top but I should have just enough room for a bigger sweater underneath. I love the neutral color mineshaft but it is darker than the picture. When I use brown accessories the coat looks more grey but when I use grey, it looks more brown. Overall, with the coat being so lightweight and thin, it's becoming a fast favorite.
on March 4, 2016
I usually wear a medium in Columbia, and I have a medium in this, but it's just a smidge tight in the chest (34DD) and a little shapeless/big in the torso. It's also very loose around my neck which means I still need to wear a scarf with it to keep my neck warm and keep my heat from escaping, which is really a bummer. Overall I like it but it's not quite as warm as I was hoping (it does a good job considering how light it is but it's not going to replace my big down puffer) and the fit isn't super flattering to my figure but may look better on someone less busty (I think I could have sized down if not for my chest).
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2017
This is a fantastic jacket. Lightweight, very warm. Live in the northeast where it can get quite cold, and this jacket gets the job done about 7 months out of the year.

I would agree with other reviewers that it's probably not a good fit for people with larger chests (I am not remotely in this category). I'm 5'4 and about 115 lbs. The small fits well and I can still wear it over a sweatshirt or sweater.

I added a picture because there are a lot of questions about the color. The jacket is shown against navy blue pants.
review image
on February 20, 2016
Wore this in 20 degree weather in snow and wind. It's like a heater after 5 minutes, reflecting your heat back on you. So cozy! It's so lightweight you wouldn't think it would be warm!! Great to pack! I'm so thankful I got it! Great price, great quality I've come to expect from Columbia. Nice zipper pocket inside to hide $ or cards. Zipper hand pockets too. Sleeves slightly long, same as fleece jackets... just turned up an inch, down when very cold. Loved, loved, loved the sleeve liner with thumb hole. Omni heat really works!!
on December 14, 2016
I just got those at my door. It is very cute, a bit snug. Columbia runs small. I really like it, but was expecting something more substantial after reading a bunch of the reviews. I am disappointed this jacket did not have a temperature rating in the description.
Anyway, tomorrow will be the test for this one. We're looking at 10 below up here in Vermont. I need a really warm parka. Will most likely have to return this although I really like it.
Update: jacket returned. I found a great deal on a 700 fill Marmot jacket from Sierra Trading Post. Best jacket I've ever owned. Absolutely loooove it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.