Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,322 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,402 reviews
on November 4, 2016
I wanted to be clear you can stuff this jacket into it's pocket, as someone answered that incorrectly.
review image
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2017
Couldn't find many petite reviews so here's mine:
The XS fits great! I'm 5'1 100lbs. I like boxy fits (especially for jackets since I layer a lot) so I was worried thinking I should get a S but the XS is still very roomy! The jacket length is perfect- doesn't past the hip too much. The sleeve length is long but that's fine. It's not a hard fix to scrunch it up or fold it.
review image
on October 13, 2014
I purchased this and three other jackets in preparation for a trip I was going on where I knew there'd be some light to moderate rain. Since the weather was otherwise expected to be warm, I didn't want to pack a heavy rain jacket, so I was in search of a light, packable, water resistant shell...preferably under $50. Of the four jackets I'd purchased, I wound up keeping this one...and after having used it on my trip, I'm glad to say that I'm very happy with my choice.

Please note that this is a shell and doesn't have an inner lining for warmth. If you're just looking for something to just keep the rain off, this is a great option! It packs down easily into its own pocket, and kept me dry while standing in moderate rain for 3hrs...it didn't seep through the fabric AT ALL. The hood provided adequate coverage for my head and easily tucks away into the collar when it isn't needed, and has an elastic bungee cord for adjustment. The zipper pockets were great for stashing my cell phone and camera and kept those dry as well.

I purchased this jacket in the Groovy Pink color, which is a very bright, bold pink...great for when you'd like a pop of color when the weather outside is gloomy and gray. I'm typically a size small to medium (I'm 5'4" and 125 lb), and purchased this in a medium so I could layer under during cold weather for year-round wear...it's pretty roomy if you only have on a single layer, but will fit well over additional layers and I personally prefer the more relaxed fit. The cut of the jacket keeps it from looking *too* bulky.

For those interested, I'd also purchased (and returned) the following jackets:

1) Sierra Designs Microlight 2 - would've been my 2nd choice after the Columbia Switchback, due to its fit, packability (comes with its own pouch) and roomy hood. However, after testing a drop of water on the fabric, the water gradually seeped through after sitting for a few minutes. Probably only good for light rain and I wanted something more water resistant.

2) Columbia Auroras Wake II - the fabric of this one is similar to the Sierra Designs Microlight 2, so not as water resistant as I would've liked. It's also more of a rain jacket with an inner lining for some additional warmth, and if it had the ability to pack into itself, I couldn't figure it out! Sizing seemed to run smaller than the Switchback (probably due to the lining), but still fit me okay.

3) Charles River Pack-n-Go Windbreaker - this is actually a men's jacket, but I figured I'd give it a try...I kinda figured it wouldn't be my best bet, but I thought it might surprise me (nope). The overall size of the XS that I'd ordered was okay, but it was a looser, bulkier overall fit that I didn't like.

I was able to get this jacket for about 50% of the original price, and since it worked out well for my particular need, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm considering keeping it in my car in anticipation of unexpected weather, and am even considering buying another one to keep in my purse!
11 comment| 277 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2013
let's start with the minimal cons:
material is lightweight water resistant nylon that is slightly noisy and wrinkles easily.
no storm flap over the zipper.

now the pros:
packs into its own pocket (though it wrinkles less if carefully folded and tucked into back vent).
hood folds up into collar, and I'm very fond of the height and look of the collar when the hood is hidden.
zipper does have inside flap that appears to prevent water from permeating.
sleeves are long enough to cover most of my hands (I like extra long sleeves) but do have velcro adjusters so they can be pushed up.
fit is perfect at chest and hips, while not being TOO big in waist (I am an hourglass curved size 16 (waist considerably smaller than chest and hips) and ordered a size large jacket). I could probably fit a light fleece or sweater under it without it feeling tight at the chest or shoulders.

unfortunately during my entire trip in Seattle it has been sunny, so I haven't been able to test the water/air permeability. while it is a very basic rain jacket, it doesn't look cheap, and I feel that amazon's price of $30 was worth it.
11 comment| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2015
I got the lilac color and my sister got the teal color, and they were pretty close to the color in the display image. It looks like these colors are not available anymore, according to the current listings. I got my rain jacket over a year ago and it is still in great shape. This is a thin rain jacket - the fabric is a little transparent and it definitely is not a jacket you would wear for warmth - I will often pair it with a fleece underneath. This works well for keeping out rain and wind. The pockets and stowaway hood all work well. Pockets are not lined. Sleeves are long - see pictures - but I like them that way! You can tuck your hands in to stay dry.I bought it for trips to India and Bolivia in their rainy seasons and it held up admirably! If you are in soaking conditions for a long time (hours) then water can get through this jacket. Most rain jackets are not 100% waterproof because they also need breathability - this one is listed as water resistant, which is accurate. Good purchase and I would highly recommend this jacket!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 30, 2017
Nice jacket if you just want something lightweight. Has no liner, so the waterproof membrane is against your skin or clothing. The hood is small as it packs in the collar, so the collar is tall, but if you weren't going to use the hood it would be nice to keep the wind or rain away from your neck. Just not for me, I wanted a good hood. the fit is a little tucked in a the back so it would be flattering. I ordered a large, wanted room for a fleece or sweatshirt, as we camp in the mountains mostly. Sleeves were plenty long. I'm 5'4" and it hit at my hips. Decided to go with the Columbia Arcadia II.
on May 4, 2017
Such a cute jacket! I've gotten tons of compliments on it! Perfect for those outdoor Spring days! I'm 5'4, about 150 pounds and the Medium fits me very well where I am still able to wear a zip up sweatshirt underneath. Personally, the only downside I find is that it is not the warmest jacket so this wouldn't be the best option on cooler or super windy day. Other than that, I love it!
on June 13, 2017
This jacket is the perfect weight for Spring and Summer. I used it recently on a trip to Acadia National Park in Maine and the temps ranged from 60-70 degrees. The jacket has enough room to layer your clothes if needed, and works great against the wind and rain and provides a bit of warmth even if you are only wearing a T-shirt. I wear a size S/M and I bought the jacket in a S and I can fit a nice sized sweatshirt underneath. I bought a color called Whitened Pink, and have received numerous compliments on the soft pink color. I think I will get a lot of use out of this jacket, even in the Fall !
on September 21, 2016
I bought the 3X. For a jacket that according to their size chart is 24-26 it is small. I doubt it would fit anyone who actually wears a 26. Also the jacket seems short.

That said it wins points for being very light. I expected a jacket that is waterproof, but, this is really primarily just a rain jacket. Since that is what I had wanted I'm happy with that.

I got the a light blue color that is very like the pictures. I will happily we wearing this the next time it rains.
on January 9, 2017
3 stars for fit only. The jacket fits well and quite figure flattering. However, very crunchy sounding..UGH I expected more from Columbia. Not sure if I'll be able to stand wearing it, because of that. You could get a much cheaper jacket with the same noisy quality. Paid for the name!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.