|Brand Name||Columbian Envelopes|
|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.6 x 4.2 x 3.2 inches|
|Item model number||CO284|
|Number of Items||1|
|Size||100 PER BOX|
|Manufacturer Part Number||CO284|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Columbian #10 Self-Seal Security Tinted Envelopes, 4-1/8 x 9-1/2 Inch, White, 100 Per Box (CO284)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Security tinted for added privacy and confidentiality; premium 24 lb. white wove stock
- Convenient and secure self-sealing self-seal closure; simply raise lower flap and press top flap down for a quick seal
- Envelope is ideal for all business, professional and personal correspondence; #10; 4-1/8 x 9-/2 inches; 100 envelopes per box
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Columbian #10 Self-Seal Security Tinted Envelopes, White
This envelope is ideal for all business, professional and personal correspondence; #10; 4.125 in. x 9.5 in.; 100 envelopes per box. Security tinted for added privacy and confidentiality; premium 24 lb. white wove stock. Convenient and secure self-sealing closure. Simply raise lower flap and press top flap down for a quick seal. Self-stick adhesive. Double flap design keeps flap from sticking until ready to mail.
- White wove finish looks sharp and adds a professional touch. Ideal for many business needs.
- Electronic printing guaranteed superior performance in all office equipment.
- Secure self-sealing
|Columbian #10 Security Tinted||Columbian #10 Grip-Seal||Columbian #10, Gummed Seal, Executive Business|
|You may also be interested in:||Executive style diagonal seam V-flap construction, gummed seal||Convenient and secure self-sealing, Grip-Seal closure||Executive style diagonal seam V-flap construction, gummed seal|
Envelope is ideal for all business, professional and personal correspondence. Features: Convenient and secure self-sealing Self-Seal closure. Simply raise lower flap and press top flap down for a quick seal. Security tinted for added privacy and confidentiality. Premium 24lb white wove stock. Sized: (#10) 4-1/8" x 9-1/2". Quantity = 100 envelopes.
Compare to similar items
This item Columbian #10 Self-Seal Security Tinted Envelopes, 4-1/8 x 9-1/2 Inch, White, 100 Per Box (CO284)
100 #10 Security SELF-SEAL Envelopes - No Window, Premium Security Tint Pattern, Ideal for Home Office Secure Mailing, QUICK-SEAL Closure - 4-1/8 x 9-1/2 Inches - White - 24 LB - 100 Per Box (34100)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Quality Business Products||Home2party||Franklin Creative Solutions LLC||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||4.19 x 9.62 x 3.25 in||4.3 x 9.7 x 2.2 in||1.5 x 9.7 x 4.3 in||—||6.5 x 9.63 x 8.5 in||4.25 x 9.62 x 7.25 in|
|Number of Items||1||—||1||—||1||1|
|Size||100 PER BOX||—||1 Pack||—||200||250|
Top customer reviews
1. They are stiffer than ordinary envelopes, due to the use of 24-pound paper. This makes them lie flat and noticeably enhances the look of the envelope, as well as the feel.
2. They have a nice, professional-looking and -feeling finish.
3. Though they have a security tint, this is not apparent from the outside of the envelope because of the thicker paper.
4. They are far harder to look through than ordinary envelopes because of the security tint / pattern as well as the increased opacity.
5. The glue holds quite well. (Unlike another reviewer, in my testing the envelope tore when I attempted a slow peel-open.)
6. They print well.
7. The flap extends to the corners on the back of the envelope (I am nitpicky, perhaps, but I much prefer this standard look to a straight line or similar, as you find on self-adhesive designs).
8. They are so cheap, at 4 cents per envelope, that anyone can use them for just about any purpose except perhaps mass mailings without worrying about the cost. (In other words, while they're not the cheapest you can buy, they're close enough so as probably not to matter.)
In summation, I really like these envelopes and will continue to use them for my business and at home. Just about the only drawback I can see for anyone would be the fact that you have to moisten the envelope. Personally, this doesn't bother me (but I continue to hope for the release of better-tasting glue, perhaps something in "beef teriyaki" instead of "generic sweet quasi-mint").
For instance, the next time I buy envelopes I'd opt for the peel-off sticker type, and not the fold up type like these. If you're like me and you usually write the address on the envelope first before sealing, you'll quickly realize that the fold down flap lines up right around where the TO address goes, making for some bumpy text writing. Also, while the envelope feels nice and sturdy and they are security tinted, you can still see the contents within the envelope. Plus this type of seal means you can peel the envelope open again. Overall, for the price I'm fine with the envelopes for my every day purposes, but I'd still go with a different style the next time I am on the envelope shopping market again.
I noticed that the blue security printing inside the envelope had a simple pattern, and I wondered how hard it would be to read a check that was sealed inside. I inserted a check, sealed the flaps and held the envelope up to a small (4" diameter) fluorescent desk lamp. I could read every word and number on the check as easily as if the envelope had no security printing.
At minimum, a security envelope should seal securely and make it very difficult if not impossible to read the writing on a check sealed inside. The Columbian CO284 security envelopes fails this standard completely. Next time I'll stick to my gold standard. Mead security envelopes with adhesive that requires dampening to seal. Unfortunately Mead's self-stick envelopes don't seal well enough either, and the paper they're made of is much too thin and flimsy.