Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 114 reviews
VINE VOICEon February 20, 2012
After reading the excellent Tom Mueller book Extra Virginity Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil - I decided to explore some...real olive oil. Far from the supermarket brands I've had for $8 a liter, this Columela costs 4x as much, so I was a bit nervous. Silly me. It's so superior to generic olive oils that I fear I've been ruined for life. No longer will I be able to dip my bread in the schlock from the local Italian restaurant. Nay, I may need to carry my own.

Words of warning - this is delicious, and you will find yourself using a lot more than you used that garbage before. You will also be tempted to pair it with good bread, good vegetables, and good pasta. It may entice you to cook more at home. Do not taunt Columela olive oil. It's delicious. Try some.
on April 24, 2015
I use a lot of olive oil, and never thought back to why I've always preferred olive oil over vegetable oil, canola, peanut, or any other. I do know I naturally gravitate towards olive oil when cooking, dipping bread etc., and it was never really been because of the wonderful health benefits that you get from it, it's always been because I just love it, and accept the health benefits as a bonus. If drinking olive oil was an option to premium health (which it isn't) I would drink it, for my health but mainly because how much I enjoy it! I'm Greek, but I've only been to Greece once, so that really doesn't have anything to do with it either. Anyway, I wanted to voice my opinion on my purchase with this bottle of Columela Olive Oil. I normally buy olive oil from Sam's, or Publix, by taking the easy way out. I don't go for the cheapest brand but I've never bought the most expensive brand either, just the ordinary over the shelf olive oil. I have heard or read more than once there's a lot of knock offs out there to the 'real deal.' The real deal meaning; olive oil that is pure, not mixed with other ingredients, or other olive oil. So, I purchased Columela Extra Virgin Olive Oil after doing enough research to feel convinced it was one of the 'real deal' types. Have you ever tried a tropical fruit or a vegetable, or a type of gravy for the first time, and thought, that was fantastic, and I want more!! That's the feeling I get when I consume Columela olive oil. It is so different than the the store bought types, that I can't resist buying it over and over. I do still cook with the store bought brands, and mainly use this one for dipping, otherwise it can be quite expensive for using it for 'all of the above'. Mix in some minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper or use just by itself.
on January 25, 2014
I'm definitely not a connoisseur of olive oils, but this oil is absolutely delicious with a very smooth texture.

I typically do not use it for cooking only because it's more expensive than other olive oils. I mostly use it for dipping bread into an olive oil/spice mixture and occasionally for brushing oil onto baked items or meats and fish.

I first discovered this oil when searching for a Spanish "tasting oil" that was recommended for dipping/appetizers. We use it at home when we want to make Italian dinners a little fancier or want to make more upscale appetizers. We even used it at our wedding, getting rave reviews on the oil/spice mixture with bread.

I have used about 10 bottles of this oil over the last year. I hope they never stop making this oil!
on April 8, 2009
I wanted to try this after I saw it won an America's Test Kitchen taste test, then I had a blind taste test for my boyfriend with some plain bread. He noticed a huge difference in taste and fragrance - this one compared to a supermarket brand I usually use, Bertolli, was much fruitier and actually tasted great, and the Bertolli has a slight but unpleasant aftertaste, and not much olive flavor. I was surprised how much we noticed the differences in flavor, this Columela was easily so much better.

It was impossible to find in any store, so I'm very happy that Amazon has it, and it arrived quickly and very well-packaged.
on March 15, 2012
For a long time, I had trouble making myself use olive oil for cooking or on salads...I knew I ought to, but couldn't stand the flavor of the oils I could find. After seeing this reviewed by Cooks Illustrated, I ordered it from Amazon and tried it....so very glad I did! No off flavors, never rancid tones...Excellent on green salads, with a bit of vinegar or roasted garlic....also, delightful for a flavorful--but not overpowering--addition in cooking, on pasta, grilled vegetables, etc. I keep it on hand now and use it frequently. As I open the last bottle, I get ready to order another so I won't run out!
on December 25, 2014
This is perfectly excellent Olive Oil and the most flavorful I have tasted. There are no down sides to this. While more expensive than supermarket OO, there is really no comparison to that stuff. Those are produced for high volume and low cost for general consumers and general use. Nothing wrong with that. Anyway, I am very pleased with this purchase and plan to stick with it for special use. I'm glad to have access to it on Amazon.
BTW... very nicely shipped in tons of bubble wrap and protections. Arrive quickly and in perfect condition
Highly recommend.
on October 7, 2013
I have been looking all over for an olive oil that had the taste of the oil I remember as a child.I have bought many bottles only to be disappointed after trying them.Then I read about Columela and how good it was,so I ordered 2 bottles and the minute I opened the bottle I could smell the olives I tried some on my salad and it had that fruity,peppery taste I had I remembered,I highly recommend Columela Olive Oil it is the only oil I will use from now on.
on April 10, 2013
Perfect for those seeking a relatively mild tasting oil for dipping where you don't want the oil overpowering added spices and other flavorings. I find that I like a stronger ("Italian style") oil too and so keep two different bottles on hand (love the extra virgin COSTCO brand oil for this purpose). Note that the two-bottle deal through Amazon was the best priced offer I found and VERY much better priced than local olive oil shops!
on January 2, 2014
Bought Misto misters and needed a nice Olive oil to make nice gift sets for Christmas and found Columela rated highly on an industry website so gave it a try. Really happy I did! I use it mostly for vegetables and salads and for dipping great bread. You can't top this one for the price. I have had even better oo but I had to pay ALOT more
on September 18, 2016
wonderful

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.