Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Customer reviews

Comanche Boots
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$12.12+ $3.99 shipping

on November 1, 2012
Probably the best ever release with Terry and The Pirates. Lots of John Cipollina's guitar genious and excellent sound combined with a fine selection of titles. The cd is well manufactured too. I absolutely recommend this album to all afficionados of West Coast older or newer, and all good music directions...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 24, 2009
This is a classic and adventuresome Terry & The Pirates album with satisfying guitar work by John Cipollina & Greg Douglass. The standout cut, to me, is All In Your Mind, a dreamy song about mental stress. Comanche Boots is a nice thumping tune with a Native American vibe powered by harmonics (guitar). Cuckoo is a nice tight rocker. Truer Than Blue (with Nicky Hopkins) & The Light Thru The Willows are satisfying classic, mid-tempo Terry Dolan tunes. Some other tunes were demos. I've been playing this a lot, but I pine for creative guitar music that fits my tastes & that is, alas, all too rare so when I find some I'm like a sponge. The available T&P CDs Too Close for Comfort & The Doubtful handshake are both also highly satisfying but T&P's best, Silverado Trail, is unavailable (I had to hunt down a used LP & use Sony software to clean that treasure up & burn a CD but it was "all worth the price I paid").
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse