|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Save $6.00 (67%)
The Comanche Girl's Prayer, Texas Women of Spirit Book 2 Kindle Edition
|Length: 214 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Best bits: Soonie is in a rough place between two cultures, but seems to navigate it well. I admire her interest in Comanche and Kiowa culture, along with her desire for her people to turn to God and her belief that all people are equal before God. I liked her frustration with the traveling preacher's attitude of white superiority, and wished she hadn't gotten repeatedly sidetracked from confronting him on it. I liked how she spotted Lone Warrior's subtle smiles of affection, and didn't let him get away with using peyote to "hear God." Lone Warrior certainly cares for his people, and becomes an even better protector, I'd say, when he lets go of his bitterness and anger and turns back to God. They are good for each other. God's love for everyone, regardless of race, culture, or past sins, is a big theme, and a good one. Soonie embodies this very well in her interactions with the people in the settlement and with saloon-girl Darla. Just a few typos. I appreciated the consistent POV.
Issues: Though it is a HEA ending, I would've liked for the story to go on beyond the first leg of their journey together. The epilogue is hardly a satisfactory substitution for more of the story!
So the story unfolds with inspiration to stand up for who you are.. " I am what I am" and keeping her faith in the Lord, through the dangers.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Western & Frontier
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Western & Frontier