- Series: Description Cards
- Cards: 120 pages
- Publisher: Conflict Games llc; 1st edition (2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 098245077X
- ISBN-13: 978-0982450772
- ASIN: B00RHRPA0Y
- Package Dimensions: 6 x 5.8 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,873,832 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Combat Description Cards - Creative Inspiration for Writers, Storytellers and GMs. Contains 120 Cards Cards – Unabridged, 2015
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
A card deck providing hundreds of memorable descriptions, synonyms and results of combat strikes. Improve your combat–related vocabulary as a GM, player or writer. Each card contains carefully crafted strike results organized by weapon category and fighting styles.
"We think we can improve every gamer's and reader's experience by providing tools that improve the narrative used when describing combat. This means providing a tool that gamers and writers can use during every combat scene, while improving their own overarching combat vocabulary."
• Add depth, excitement and drama to your fight scenes and stories!
• A deck full of new ideas for a combat narrative.
• Gamesmasters and players who wants to spice up the wordplay in combat will love this product
• Have in your hands a list of adjectives and professional writing examples of their use.
• Killing blows description (skull) and non-deadly blows are describe with each key action word.
• Better than a Thesaurus, learn to make your fight scenes unique and memorable with key words designed around combat.
• Helps you develop your story's characters and their fighting styles.
• Although the cards lean towards fantasy fiction, they are written in neutral and flexible ways to meet any genre.
• These cards can tip your essay, blog, novel or gaming table from good to great!
• Try the Combat Description Card, we think you are going to love them…
• Flip through the cards or choose a card at random for an encouraging action word or a delightful thought-provoking action phrase.
• Transform your combat results from ho-hum to High tension.
• Tarot Cards Size (Dimensions: 70mm x 121mm, 2.75" x 4.75").
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I think the best use for the cards is to use them before game to come up with cool descriptive combat, that you can read off of your game notes not trying to use the cards in game. They do help to get you thinking and add some combat depth.
The box say 120 cards and 700+ descriptions. Each card contains 6 descriptions 3 normal and 3 finishing or death descriptions. How ever each of the 3 category piercing, slashing, and blunt only contained 38 cards not 40. This gives you 38 X 3 =114 or 114 description cards, the remaining 6 are 1 rule card and 5 advertisement cards. And 700+ descriptions drops to 114 X 6 = 684 NOT 700+.
you'll want to use these cards if your games involve combat.
Combat Description Cards is available on RPGNow as a PDF, Amazon in deck format, and the publisher's website for both. The cards will also be available as an app in the future.