Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Combat Investor: Real Estate Investment Warfare Guide Paperback – September 13, 2013
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
The author uncovers an ancient truism about the human instinct for territorial control. Taking this discussion a step further, the author gives numerous examples of how such instincts are driven by money/power and translated to real estate investing terms. Combat Investor's numerous illustrations add depth to the subject, allowing for easy-to-remember passages.
This book is very similar to two other classic books I enjoy reading (and re-reading regularly) about business and real estate; Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" and Robert Ringer's "Winning Through Intimidation." Combat Investor is a great addition to these books as it explores how military technologies relate to investment behavior. In particular, I find the comparisons of investment styles with military weaponry to be very accurate. I know my "bunkers" like myself that are afraid to venture into the real estate investments on a larger scale, such as "tanks" or "drones." And the publicly real estate companies that I have invested in definitely behave like "aircraft carriers." That's one of the key reasons I like to read and recommend the book as I can visualize my investment behavior in clearer terms than before.
However, the book does not hold any "wealth building formulas" to speak of, so it will hardly appeal to someone looking to get-rich-quick in real estate. Again, it's refreshingly honest and blunt. My concluding thoughts?
(1) Fun, easy to read for pros and novices alike
(2) Pragmatic discussion of risk and reward in clear (but not very detailed) terms
(3) Offers suggestions about investment styles you might consider
(4) Provides numerous examples of military blunders/victories as applied to investing
(5) Hardly an educational textbook, but more a practical guide
(6) If you've had military service experience, you'll probably find the book feels right at home
(7) If you're an active real estate property owner, you'll discover a lot about yourself
IF you are reading this review you must be interested in reading and learning about the real ....real in real estate and you need to look no further. Buy Combat Investor and you will not be disappointed.