Combi Shuttle 33 Infant Car Seat, Jade (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Now accommodates infants from birth to 33 pounds and 33"
- Lightweight at only 9 .25 pounds without base
- 5 point harness system with padding
- Tru-safe anti rebound bar
- Tru-safe side impact protection
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:28 Mins|
We hav compared this to other seats hich are much better.
I do like the front bar and the 33 pound max.
1. Heavy beast, even without baby inside
2. Hard to get baby in over the rebound bar
3. When taking our baby out, his feet get caught under the rebound bar, a couple of times hard enough to make him cry in pain
4. The buckle is a "puzzle buckle" and let's just say it makes me want to throw the seat in the river.
5. The way it works with the matching stroller is insane...poor design makes it hard to get in and out of the locking mechanism
6. See #5 for the base, too...Clicks into base just fine but getting it out is like unscrewing a medicine bottle...push down while simultaneously pulling up
7. Our sunshade broke almost immediately on one side. We still use it, but it's now lopsided like someone sat on it.
I do have one good thing to say...the fabric is easily washed and washes beautifully.
- Puzzle piece buckle is always difficult to latch
- The button on the front of the seat is not where the cushion says it is (To loosen the straps you have to locate the button with your hand because it does not line up correctly)
- The carrying bar will stick occasionally
Unless you have a larger baby I would suggest to go with something else
*Its NOT hard to get baby in or out the car seat, because feet get stuck ( i never had that hapen, i guess people just need to be careful )
* Never had problems buckling my baby in the seat because of the puzle buckle, You just get used to it, and its safe and secure
*yes it is tricky to put this car seat to the matching stroller, but hey, its not too bad. Just try again
* And its not that heavy, there is car seats what is heavier that this!
I know what i am talking about, i have this seat for more than a year now, and my baby is still in this seat and is happy.
But there always will be two sides, people who hate this seat and people who loves it! I amd the one who loves it!
The fabric cleans up rather well. We have had to remove all the pads a few times due to blow outs. Removing them is fairly easy. They dry quickly too.
Getting the baby in and out of the seat is not too bad. At first the clasps were a real pain, but after a few weeks I am use to it and it's really nothing to complain about.
The baby does tend to get hot while in the seat, so we dress him in layers when necessary.
Fitting the car seat into the stroller is a pain. However, not enough where I wouldn't buy this travel system. The plastic connector doesn't stay in place on the stroller and can pop up and move. This is an easy fix, I just haven't had to time to 'secure' it.
The car seat is very stable, the base is extremly easy to install in the car (as are most bases these days). I have also used the seat belt attachment, and that is somewhat easy. It was hard for me to push the seat down to get it secure but I'm a tiny person. I had a neighbor help me.
A complaint I have for this seat is the handle bar. I wish you didn't have to use two hands to push it down (a button on each side must be compressed). However, it looks like most other car seats have the exact same design, I assume it is a safety issue. It is really hard to push the bar down when you are holding the baby.Read more ›
1)I liked the idea of the rebound bar, but it caught my son's feet on several occasions, causing pain and tears.
2)The buckle takes 3 hands to fasten, unfortunately, we are born with only two.
3)It weighs a small ton, my mother strained her back lifting it, WITHOUT the baby in it.
4)It does not offer much air ventilation in the back/recline part of the seat, unlike the Keyfit and Snugride. My son perspired a lot in this, even in cooler weather.
We ultimately purchased a Chicco Keyfit after speaking to many friends/family. It is a much better carseat. I've also heard the Snugride is nice, too.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great seat! Well made! But if your baby is long, it isn't going to hold them to the max size. We had to move out son out at 4.5 months (18 pounds & 27 inches). Read morePublished 22 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love the design of this seat, the extra protection bar is also nice for easy lifting out of vehicle.Published on September 18, 2013 by Pen Name
daughter having twins-put 2 COMBI carseat on registry- out of stock, no one could get, so she was given literally hundreds $ of 0-9 month clothes instead. Read morePublished on July 29, 2012 by diane
My child seemed really comfortable in the car seat but it was extremely difficult to get him in the seat. First, the straps are hard to adjust. Read morePublished on May 24, 2012 by Lindsay
I like the styling of Combi products but have not been happy with the infant carrier car seat use-wise. It seems a bit small even for my 50th percentile daughter. Read morePublished on November 18, 2011 by S. Lin
This infant car is very good, nice colors and quality of the fabrics, it is very comfortable for my baby and it is also very light. A very good deal.Published on September 23, 2011 by Fernando
We've been using this carseat since he was 7 months old. We switched from a Safetyfirst b/c this system worked with the Combi stroller we got also. Read morePublished on September 15, 2011 by dbg
This car seat is difficult to buckle. They call it a puzzle buckle, but who wants to deal with solving the puzzle when you have a crying baby arching her back trying to get out of... Read morePublished on September 8, 2011 by Trisha
I bought this car seat because of the safety reviews and I really enjoy it. It is heavier than other brands of car seats, but only by a pound or so, which doesn't make that much of... Read morePublished on July 11, 2011 by mamatrizz