Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Come Away with Me
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$5.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

This was the breakout album by Norah Jones that took the world by storm in 2002. I have so many wonderful memories from that year, set to songs from this album. Norah's fresh, new voice was arresting and almost confusing - how could such soul and wisdom be encapsulated into the voice of a 22 year old? It was magic.

While "Come Away with Me," the album's signature track, is known the world over, my favorites were actually some of the songs that weren't promoted as singles, such as "Feelin' the Same Way." The sexy jazz songs on this album are perfect for falling in love, mourning a broken heart, and feeling the full realm of all the feelings in between.

I love this album so much that after I lost this original CD, I purchased it again, and then when music moved to the digital world, I bought it again on iTunes. This album is a classic.
on August 8, 2017
I thought the problem was a bad mic, but now I have my worst fears. The company that pressed the record does not clean the presses properly. My record required multiple cleaning to eliminate enough gunk to make the record listenable. This is a 2003 recording, and now you don't find this with the heavier vinyl. Even with the noise it is a magnificent recording. I have her newest album and it is perfectly clean, but during handling someone managed to put a light scratch on both sides of the album. We are finding the problems which drove listeners to digital music. However, most of my new records have no noise nor scratches from start to finish. I noticed a person said the CD has these same problems which makes me wonder if the recording company had problems during this period.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2016
I am strolling down memory lane and introducing music to a 24 year old. This is such a fantastic album and she has not sounded as good and done any better than this album. Every song is exceptional. To call it a, "one hit wonder" is correct if you are referring to this album. I encourage anyone to visit or revisit this album!
on July 6, 2017
Norah Jones is another singer that has that "bluesy" voice that just draws you in. Once the song begins, you are pulled into the lyrics and feel what she is feeling. She glides, effortlessly through her song and it just sounds so good to me.
I like to put on her CD at work when things are getting a little hectic and I feel almost instantly calm. I like to play her music at home, while having a glass of wine and cooking and it's a good end to the day or to start a weekend. Her music makes you "day dream" a bit, which can always be a good thing.
on January 20, 2009
Norah is Fine;!!!!!
I found her from others recommendations, she is so mellow. She maybe young and her style is initially misleading, She is a young woman in a older Blues woman's body, her future is guaranteed as long as he voice stays so unique and her own material she writes stays so fine
One mix up, Norah has 2 Albums that are the same, only one gives you a DVD, That is this one, unless you enjoy DVD's (I don't)save a few $$ and buy her regular CD "Norah Jones" and use the money saved to buy some of her other personal work....
So the answer to the question are their new and young upcoming Female Blues Artists who write their own music as good as our past Divas, lol
You Betcha, here is one!!!
Nothing I can say no one else has. Norah is a wonderful singer and songwriter. I just love her. If I feel crappy, I put her on, and she can make me smile just about every time.
on August 27, 2017
A must have SACD for every Jazz collection!
3D playback with realism.
Better than a live performance.
on June 15, 2017
Listened to this CD 50 times minimum. SO many have this CD and love it as well. Only want to add listen twice to her cover of "...the nearness of you." If I were getting married that would be our first dance!
on July 30, 2017
Love her music. This CD is great! I saw her on TV one night late and fell in love with her singing.
on September 30, 2017
This is a must have record for audiophiles, midrange to die for, instruments are detailed and crisp, a true reference recording,
review image review image