Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Come Away with Me
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$5.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on July 6, 2017
Norah Jones is another singer that has that "bluesy" voice that just draws you in. Once the song begins, you are pulled into the lyrics and feel what she is feeling. She glides, effortlessly through her song and it just sounds so good to me.
I like to put on her CD at work when things are getting a little hectic and I feel almost instantly calm. I like to play her music at home, while having a glass of wine and cooking and it's a good end to the day or to start a weekend. Her music makes you "day dream" a bit, which can always be a good thing.
on October 29, 2017
This is a beautiful recording. I got this SACD at a great price and am extremely pleased. Her voice sounds even better than ever in this format. It's definitely a mellow CD. If you ever need to calm down or just take a break from everything, this is a great CD to put in your player and relax. You'll find your stress melting away. The sound of this disc is incredible. It has a large openness. Every instrument is easily heard in a way that's enveloping. The combination of her voice and this music, along with the spaciousness of the sound, make for a great SACD. Do yourself a favor and buy this. You won't be disappointed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Norah Jones has a gorgeous, smoldering voice that carries this CD with real authority. Although she obviously needs some maturation when it comes to her own songwriting ("Come Away With Me", "Nightingale"), her interpretation of other songwriters can be stunning. My favorites are "Don't Know Why," "Cold Cold Heart", "Turn Me On," and "The Nearness of You." As other reviewers have noted, the CD could have used a greater variety of tempos/songs, but Jones's voice is so distinctive and heartfelt that after a few listenings, I hardly cared. My opinion went from four stars to five.
While this CD is categorized as jazz, there is a definite country western influence. Normally, I would be turned off by these undertones, but somehow Jones pulls it off, proving that she is a real talent to watch. I highly recommend this CD if you love female vocalists - jazz, pop, country western - and to be introduced to a singer who will certainly make her mark on the music scene for years to come.
on November 25, 2017
The new Lady Jazz singer. This is her debut and has some real high points. Really solid album and consistent. Better than some of her later releases where she seems to lose what her sound is. Very talented, great voice and great songwriting as well.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Nothing I can say no one else has. Norah is a wonderful singer and songwriter. I just love her. If I feel crappy, I put her on, and she can make me smile just about every time.
on August 27, 2017
A must have SACD for every Jazz collection!
3D playback with realism.
Better than a live performance.
on June 15, 2017
Listened to this CD 50 times minimum. SO many have this CD and love it as well. Only want to add listen twice to her cover of "...the nearness of you." If I were getting married that would be our first dance!
on July 30, 2017
Love her music. This CD is great! I saw her on TV one night late and fell in love with her singing.
on September 30, 2017
This is a must have record for audiophiles, midrange to die for, instruments are detailed and crisp, a true reference recording,
review image review image
on March 3, 2015
I just don't know where my original Norah Jones - Come Away From Me, went -- so I had to replace it. This is a winning album; a soothing mix for a jazzy evening of sound. I love the mix of tunes on this album -- and Nora sings every song from her heart. AMAZON had this CD at a super price -$10!