Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$5.00+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 736 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,091 reviews
on May 1, 2016
This was the breakout album by Norah Jones that took the world by storm in 2002. I have so many wonderful memories from that year, set to songs from this album. Norah's fresh, new voice was arresting and almost confusing - how could such soul and wisdom be encapsulated into the voice of a 22 year old? It was magic.

While "Come Away with Me," the album's signature track, is known the world over, my favorites were actually some of the songs that weren't promoted as singles, such as "Feelin' the Same Way." The sexy jazz songs on this album are perfect for falling in love, mourning a broken heart, and feeling the full realm of all the feelings in between.

I love this album so much that after I lost this original CD, I purchased it again, and then when music moved to the digital world, I bought it again on iTunes. This album is a classic.
on March 29, 2017
She's the real deal. Norah is the original of all the new fab sultry singers that are copying her velvet voice these days, well I know there were many before her but I'm speaking of in recent times. What can you say?- she has one of the most beautiful singing voices you'll hear. Now this is her first album and many say her best and I like it - if you like jazzy soulful lounge music than this is perfect, for me I'm digging her side project with Puss-N-Boots a little better, I like the country/70's classic rock feel better, but with her voice everything is better!
on December 7, 2016
I am strolling down memory lane and introducing music to a 24 year old. This is such a fantastic album and she has not sounded as good and done any better than this album. Every song is exceptional. To call it a, "one hit wonder" is correct if you are referring to this album. I encourage anyone to visit or revisit this album!
on February 5, 2016
This review is specific to the vinyl version.
Playback is noisy (even in between songs) and under good light, the surface of the record shows irregularities. I did play other records just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my turntable.
This vinyl record is hands down to worst that I have come across. I replaced it once hoping it was just that specific copy, but alas the replacement had the same issues.

My digital version of this album is one of my favorites, too bad the vinyl version is not up to par.
on January 14, 2017
This is probably my most listened to album and a must have album for Norah Jones fans.
on December 17, 2016
Nothing I can say no one else has. Norah is a wonderful singer and songwriter. I just love her. If I feel crappy, I put her on, and she can make me smile just about every time.
on August 11, 2013
first of all the music is great and already commented on . it is too bad there are not more music albums produced that shows some of the same type of talent . there are high schools and colleges everywhere with music departments full of kids that have more talent than what is being recorded today . we are in the era where true talent does not rise to the top . fortunately for us Nora Jones made it and we have her music to enjoy .

What I want to comment on is the quality of the recording . The recording microphone placement and mixing is close to perfect . I see no improvement areas . The silent parts of the music are BLACK QUIET , I heard no crack or pops on the vinyl recording anywhere on the album or in-between songs . I do not know of any vinyl record I have ever purchased that didn't have at least one pop or crackle or was this quiet . This is the vinyl record album to show what your stereo is made of , and will show why you bought your stereo to begin with . it is most enjoyable to listen to .

this is a cannot go wrong vinyl purchase .
on September 6, 2003
I enjoyed hearing this music on the Grammys and actually bought the CD because of that and because I like to "keep current" with the interests of my children and grandchildren, as well as any other younger people I may meet. I am so glad I did buy it, because it is so refreshingly beautiful and lyrical that I never tire of it. Of course, as a baby boomer, I was stunned to learn that Ms. Jones is the daughter of Ravi Shankar. I never was a fan of his, but his daughter has my undying admiration for her talent and maturity as demonstrated by her music and her performance!
on January 5, 2012
After playing this SACD, I know what Nora Jones means by the title of this adventure. Her vocals really stand out vs. a regular CD. The instrumentation is something else also, it's amazing how SACD brings out all the subtle background sounds and effects you do not hear on regular CD's. As soon as the first track starts playing, you get swept away and before you know it, it's over. You can really tell both the artist and musicians cared about what was laid down on track. I really wish music companies would just sell hybrid SACDs, at current prices you can't tell me that each layer of a musical release from the artist, musicians, and management can't make a profit with a release selling for $15 per copy. Got distracted away from Nora, if you like pristine sounding music, get this SACD!
on February 17, 2014
My twenty one year old daughter was once late when called to dinner. When I went down to the family room to see what the delay was I found her staring at the classic 50s reproduction record player I own. When I asked her what she was doing she replied she couldn’t find the pause button. After I stopped laughing, crying, and pulled myself off the floor. I showed her how to lift the needle.

This album was a gift to that young women who has enough of an ear to know that vinyl has a better sound than the compressed electronic formats that kids download today. This album is great music for serious fans, competitively priced, with a seller who delivers on time with excellent packaging.