Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on July 9, 2014
"Come Home to Mama" which is Wainwright's third album continues to build on the momentum that she had established with her first released "Martha Wainwright" and "I Know Your Married But I Got Feelings Too" but with "Mama" she changes from the upbeat folk-pop that dominated the other two albums to a more mellow and subdued sound only allowing one song's tempo to raise to a head bopping level. My favorite songs on the album are "Radio Star" which brakes away from the mellowness of the album, "I Want to Make and Arrest", "Can You Believe", and "Four Black Sheep." Also the omly single released from the album was "Proserpina" which was written by her late mother Kate McGarrigle which is alsome highlight of the album and you can just hear the love that she had for her mother.
on December 23, 2012
I think Martha and her brother made brilliant albums this year. I listened to this on NPR in Italy one night when I couldn't sleep. I have yet to stop listening to it. It fills me with warmth love and soul. She is extraordinary and so is this album.
on November 25, 2015
If you love Kate Bush you will love Martha Wainwright.
on December 26, 2012
I first heard "Everything Wrong" on NPR and was hooked. This album is so heartbreaking and raw at times ("Proserpina"), but also offers songs up-tempo ("Radio Star") with a funk vibe. Give this album a chance and you won't be able to stop listening.
on March 17, 2013
Absolutely love the song "Proserpina". It blows me away. If you've never heard of Martha Wainwright, shame on you. Fantastic album.
on October 5, 2014
Great
on May 6, 2013
The title of the review may take some readers to conclude this album is so-so. It is, but some songs are incredible and some are just tolerable. It is worth purchasing for any Martha Wainwright fan for the songs that do encapuslate the magic of her voice at its best along with her songwriting abilities. Her first album was incredible and I can hear how she's developing , I'm JUST LOOKING FOR ANOTHER MASTERPIECE.
on November 25, 2012
I really, really loved I Know Your Married But I Have Feelings Too. This CD wasn't anywhere close to that, however I will continue to purchase her music in the future...
The delivery and condition of the CD was perfect!