Comedy Central's Stand Up Picks; Part 4
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Do you love stand-up comedy, but are forced to stay indoors because you're housebound/morbidly obese/ a fugitive/ a vampire? Well freakish friend, your luck is about to change! The comedy connoisseurs at Comedy Central have found the best stand-up comics and pulled 'em all together into one awesome DVD collection that won't force you to venture into the scary outside world.
Comedy Central's Stand-Up Picks Volume Four is all about the ladies. Maria Bamford, Chelsea Handler, Laura Kightlinger, Lynn Koplitz and Tig.
This disc is expected to play back in DVD Video""play only"" devices, and may not play in other DVD devices, including recorders and PC drives.
When sold by Amazon.com, this product will be manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have shelves full of my favorite comedians, now I have one more, well worth it !
" Joe Friday, I drive car 54 "
1. Swear words are bleeped, and considering the very adult subjects that are covered, bleeping a few words makes NO SENSE and just ruins a bunch of punchlines.
2. The camera work is terrible, the camera views are constantly changing for no reason and the closeup angle for Maria Bamford leaves her mouth completely obscured by the microphone (unsettling when she's doing her voices).
3. There are camera fade-outs or cuts to the Comedy Central title frequently and for no reason. It just interrupts the flow.
4. The audience sounds like trained seals and often unenthusiastic, this ruins the mood. I was often wondering if their response was muted (when funny jokes get no laughs) or if canned laughter was added (some of the applause sounds fake).
5. I've heard a lot of the same material from these artists before, and I haven't seen any of them more than a couple of times before.
These 5 women are all very funny, this disc is just not the place to see them.