Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on November 26, 2012
My three year old son loves this CD. After buying a few kids CDs which were painful to listen to, it was nice to find a CD that had great music my husband and son could agree on. My son loves the two songs about the Sun, Electric Car, Speed and Velocity, and ROY G BIV. The videos are adorable as well. I teach a science class (college) and let my students listen to the songs when I introduce a new topic.

Overall, the songs are catchy and, for the most part, scientifically correct. They do correct themselves with the Sun songs.

What kept me from rating this as five stars was the video part. I'm upset that I can't view the videos on my Kindle Fire. It seems really odd that you could buy the CD + Video option but that the videos aren't viewable on a Kindle Fire. Anyone else have this issue? So, instead we queue them up using youtube for my son to watch there.
on March 18, 2013
With their trademark bouncy, folksy music, They Might Be Giants has introduces technical ideas with simple rhyme and a loose beat. Songs range from "My Brother the Ape" to "Why Does the Sun Shine," but a highlight is "What is a Shooting Star," a crooning round which runs, “A shooting star is not a star / is not a star at all / a shooting star’s a meteor / that’s heading for a fall. / A shooting star is not a star / why does it shine so bright / the friction as it falls through air…/ Produces heat and light.”

Cover art features crayon drawings of test tubes and dinosaurs, marked up with technical names. Fun to listen to, and could also be used with older children to reinforce what they’re learning in science class.
on October 17, 2017
I really wanted to like this, but so far most of the songs haven't been "catchy" enough for me to want to play it again. Maybe it'll grow on me, but it hasn't so far. My kids also haven't really been attracted to it either, but again, maybe in time it'll grow on us.
on July 29, 2015
I can't say enough good things about this album! It has my 4-year-old singing along and learning big words and concepts as we go. I wouldn't recommend it if you're not into evolution as they reference angels as being just great stories, and have a song called My Brother the Ape, but for the rest of us it's fun and catchy and you'll probably find yourself singing along. A great educational album that doesn't make you want to poke your eyes out.
on July 22, 2015
This CD was a favorite of my grandson's when he came to stay with us five years ago. I haven't heard it since he and his mother moved away after my son's death (four years ago). Listening to this CD is like walking down memory lane. I am SO happy with this music! They Might Be Giants - a wonderful group. Here Comes Science - educational songs that are fun to listen to. This is five stars, a home run, a great deal! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to listen to this again.
on March 10, 2012
This is the album that introduced me to They Might Be Giants. I had seen them on TechTV way back in the day when that still existed, and I liked them. Then I saw this album, previewed a few songs, and was blown away. As an adult, this is a great listen, and especially entertaining since I love science.

On top of being a genuinely great album, it's also a SUPERB album for young kids. It teaches the basics of science in a fun, friendly, and musically wonderful way.

Every science teacher in the country should have this album on hand.
on October 20, 2014
My daughter loves this album and all the kids music these guys release, thanks to The Might be Giants she understands how elements work, what DNA is, and how sound waves can have different frequencies yet travel at the same speed. This album might be not be a good for religious families or anyone who strongly disagrees with the theory of evolution. This album is very catchy and fun, and has my daughter asking lots of good questions about our solar system and encourages positive discussion of scientific topics.
on April 23, 2014
I purchased the songs + video from my iPad even though the description didn't say anything at all about the format of the video. Then I could not figure out how to access the video so I called customer service. They said it could only be accessed from a computer, then synched back to an iPad. At least they might mention that in the description? What about people who don't have a computer, or have limited access?
on September 20, 2012
My entire family enjoys this album. We all enjoy the videos and music. It fun to watch our daughter (21 months) try to sing along and dance to the music. She has even begun asking for specific songs. We also have TMBG Here Come the 1, 2, 3s. It is full of wonderful, smart, and quirky TMBG style music. I am a paleontologist, that's who I am. That's who I am. That's who I am! I am singing that right now.
on April 22, 2015
This is an awesome album. Entertains the kiddos while teaching important scientific concepts. Also great refresher for mom and dad!